talk about a guy snake bit!

5 posters

Go down

talk about a guy snake bit! Empty talk about a guy snake bit!

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Chris Haynes: Chandler Parsons hires Morgan & Morgan after being struck by individual who’s charged with DUI, according to attorney. Parsons suffered “multiple severe and permanent injuries including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and torn labrum.” His return to play is unclear. – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes
Top Rumors, Chandler Parsons, Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta Hawks small forward Chandler Parsons has retained Morgan & Morgan, the nation’s largest plaintiffs law firm, following a January 15 auto crash in which he suffered multiple severe and permanent injuries including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum. Parsons was traveling home from practice shortly before 2:00PM when he was struck by a driver who was arrested for drinking and driving. Mr. Parsons’ attorneys John Morgan and Nick Panagakis released the following statement: “Morgan & Morgan has been retained by Mr. Parsons to help preserve all of his rights and navigate the legal process on his behalf in the wake of this terrible automobile crash. Chandler was seriously injured in this crash, which never should have occurred. – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

“The at-fault driver created utter chaos on the roadway, needlessly endangering the lives of countless motorists; he now stands charged with DUI, admitted drinking, had alcohol in the car with him, passed out after causing a three-car crash at 2:00PM on a Wednesday in a busy intersection, seriously injuring and potentially ending Mr. Parsons’ career as a professional athlete. “Chandler is having a difficult time accepting the consequences of the defendant’s reckless conduct on the roadway. “Chandler was in peak physical condition at the time of the wreck. He is now working with a team of doctors to regain his health, and at this time, his ability to return to play is unclear. Our focus right now is on helping him make a full recovery, while we also work to hold any and all responsible parties fully accountable.” – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

while he did get a better than he should have deal a few years back, he;s been mostly injured since he signed it and now this!!

wow...you gotta feel bad for his luck.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

talk about a guy snake bit! Empty Re: talk about a guy snake bit!

Post by dboss Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Sounds like a typical day driving through metro Atlanta.

Feel bad for anyone who got injured but not many got paid like he has. Hawks should have moved him earlier. Dumbass Hawks. Expiring contract maybe still has some salvage value.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:15 pm

I wonder how the other driver's insurance will handle the potential million$ of dollar$ awarded to Parsons in a civil suit. I am sure that they will go for lost wages and more.

Most insurance policies don't pay out that much, even if you have an extra umbrella policy.

Question: Do players have their own insurance to cover potential life events like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:48 pm

gyso wrote:I wonder how the other driver's insurance will handle the potential million$ of dollar$ awarded to Parsons in a civil suit.  I am sure that they will go for lost wages and more.

Most insurance policies don't pay out that much, even if you have an extra umbrella policy.

Question:  Do players have their own insurance to cover potential life events like this?

The other driver will likely be liable. If he has auto liability insurance it is probably minimum limits. In such case Parson should have uninsured/underinsured coverage under his policy. Maybe he also has an umbrella policy.

Parsons is unlikely to collect a lot from the at fault driver. Parsons injuries can also be covered by his health insurance policy that the NBA provides.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm

I have spent 42 years in the insurance industry and I have been a licensed agent in GA since 1993. I was an underwriter for Travelers in Boston in 1978.

I offer my advice to all board members for free. If you have a question please ask.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:24 pm

dboss wrote:I have spent 42 years in the insurance industry and I have been a licensed agent in GA since 1993.  I was an underwriter for Travelers in Boston in 1978.  

I offer my advice to all board members for free.  If you have a question please ask.
            Thanks , boss. never hope to need you, but good to know
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 am

Get Uninsured motorists coverage.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down