70 Years Ago Today

3 posters

Go down

70 Years Ago Today Empty 70 Years Ago Today

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 6 hours ago
70 years ago today, the 0-time champion Boston Celtics hired Red Auerbach as their $10,000-per-year coach. This after owner Walter Brown asked reporters who the team should hire. Still waiting for Wyc and Pags to consult media on modern personnel decisions.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE: And the rest is history...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

70 Years Ago Today Empty Re: 70 Years Ago Today

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 pm

So my friend, what is going on in your part of the world???? The governor of Mass just extended the date to May 18 and I believe it will stretch to the end of May. I thought I heard on CNN that San Francisco was extended to the end of May???? Ready to jump out of your skin yet? I am. But, I am a captive audience anyway until MGH can open up. Thoughts of Sam run thru my head at times, knowing how waiting turned out for him I miss his friendship and guidance as I am sure all of you do to. Stay safe and hopefully, this too shall pass (I just don't know how long!!!)

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So my friend, what is going on in your part of the world????  The governor of Mass just extended the date to May 18 and I believe it will stretch to the end of May.  I thought I heard on CNN that San Francisco was extended to the end of May????  Ready to jump out of your skin yet? I am.  But, I am a captive audience anyway until MGH can open up.  Thoughts of Sam run thru my head at times, knowing how waiting turned out for him  I miss his friendship and guidance as I am sure all of you do to.  Stay safe and hopefully, this too shall pass (I just don't know how long!!!)

Rosalie

Rosalie,

Like so many others I am bored to tears.  This is my worst nightmare.  I can't go out and I can't get on a plane.

I have been following this closely.  Massachusetts' Rate of Transmission of COVID-19 is .89 today.  Any number below 1 means the virus is not spreading, while over and it is (and the higher over 1 it is the more rapidly it's spreading..  So you're on the right side of the curve.

Hang in there, but be especially careful.  Not spreading is not synonymous with "gone".  It will camp before we really know it.

Here are the Rate of Transmission for states that I know we have members living in.  If I don't cite yours, speak up.  Remember, the lower the number the slower it is spreading.  This changes daily and can sometimes bounce, so don't get too cocky...

TX - .74
FL - .80
GA - .81
NY - .82
CA - .87
NJ - .87
MD - .89
NC - .91
NH - .96

There are, in fact, only 8 states as of today that still have Rts 1+:  NE, WY, ND, IN, KS, MN, DE and IA.  Nebraska's hotspots are in the west, at meat production plants, not Omaha and Lincoln (I have a friend in Omaha who told me that).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Bob, thanks for your stats. Except for North Carolina, it seems like all the higher transmission rate states are in the North and the lower transmission rate states are mostly in the South.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:55 pm

worcester wrote:Bob, thanks for your stats. Except for North Carolina, it seems like all the higher transmission rate states are in the North and the lower transmission rate states are mostly in the South.

Worcester, I think you may be misinterpreting what I wrote.

ALL those 9 states with Rts are below 1, and therefore on the right side of the curve.  Arizona, a state I did not cite but is definitely sunny, hot, dry and southern is .97.  That makes them more risky than all of the first 9 states including NH.

My source is here:  

https://rt.live/#OR

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Thanks fr the clarification. Looking at only the first set of data you gave I got the wrong impression that sunlit states were fairing better. That website sure clarifies the picture:

What the hell is happening in Wyoming, ND, and Nebraska?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:52 pm

worcester wrote:Thanks fr the clarification. Looking at only the first set of data you gave I got the wrong impression that sunlit states were fairing better.  That website sure clarifies the picture:

What the hell is happening in Wyoming, ND, and Nebraska?

Late bloomers.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down