Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson

+3
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
gyso
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who would you rather build around, Luka Doncic or Zion Williamson?

Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Empty Re: Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson

Post by NYCelt Sun May 03, 2020 5:11 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
NYCelt wrote:I went with Zion.

In my opinion; Zion is a transformative player. If he stays healthy, and I think from here forward he will, he has the potential to elevate to the game-changer level of Jabbar, James or Jordan. After less than half a season of play, I believe he has shown the ability to score in multiple ways not seen in one player before. His athleticism, quickness, defense and rebounding make him a top-tier stopper.

Doncic is another player with incredible potential, but he's a point guard. The poll asks who would you build around, and play-making point guards are plentiful. If I'm building a team from the ground up, I go with a weapon like Zion first, and work backwards to who gets him the ball.

Doncic is more a wing in size who’s so good/talented/vision you want to put the ball in his hands as much as possible, better shooter and scorer than Magic and much faster than Bird. Okay maybe he’s a point, some players don’t really have a position, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Lebron all just played, Kobe doesn’t quite get there IMHO, to me he was more a volume scoring 2.

Everybody was much faster than Bird!

Bird may have been the slowest great player in any major sport. Yogi Berra, Luis Tiant, The Fridge and Shaq might have all been faster Laughing

That’s what also made him special, we marvel at these kids like Tatum and Brown that have already dunked right over Lebron in a way that the great Paul Pierce never did. Jabbar, Dr J, Jordan, Lebron, now maybe Zion, all players with unique size or athleticism that sets the bar for that generation/era. And here’s a slow white guy that dominates with fundamentals, grit and vision, can carry a team on his back and make others better, deadly in the clutch, overall with his limitations he was much greater than Dr J, owned Jordan in his early years and is debatable who’s better between him and Lebron. To be able to dominate the game to that degree with average at best athleticism is as or more remarkable than the other greats, because he could still will himself to do it without those advantages in size or athleticism the other greats had that made them so great.

Cow -

I agree.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson - Page 2 Empty Re: Straw poll finds NBA executives would rather build around Luka Doncic than Zion Williamson

Post by NYCelt Sun May 03, 2020 5:13 pm

bobc33 wrote:I’m sticking with Luka!  Though I do like JT being added to the mix.

Bob,

Yeah, I'll stick with my original pick too. Since that was based on the original article, which didn't include Tatum, that seems fair.

Tatum is incredible, and going to get even better. That is, after all, why we all wanted Danny to draft him. And Danny listened to us for a change.

I'd stick with Zion, but it's close. Maybe I'd make Zion 1 and Tatum 1a. No doubt future Olympic and All-Star games will feature Doncic, Williams and Tatum. It's going to be fun to watch.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2