gyso
dboss
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting Tested - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Tested

Post by dboss Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 am

JerzeyCfan

My wife got real sick in 1999.  I swear she had the same symptoms as 19.  They never identified the virus.  It started as a cold moved into her lungs and then her heart muscles were damaged.  She remains under the care of a cardiologist.  20 + years and we are at her Dr office right now for her 6 month checkup.

Viruses are not to be trifled with.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:28 pm

dboss wrote:JerzeyCfan

My wife got real sick in 1999.  I swear she had the same symptoms as 19.  They never identified the virus.  It started as a cold moved into her lungs and then her heart muscles were damaged.  She remains under the care of a cardiologist.  20 + years and we are at her Dr office right now for her 6 month checkup.

Viruses are not to be trifled with.
Amen.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Dboss...In 2015 I was so sick, close to summer,, end of June. I had no energy, could not walk, climb stairs, just sat all day long. In fact I was going up the stairs backwards, until I finally couldn't do it any more. Went to the doctor, she sent me for blood work, xrays, etc. They sent me home, at 5:00 in the morning the hospital called my house and told me I had to get right back to the hospital, I had a bacterial blood infection. They had no idea what caused it and to this day still don't. I believe that Lupus had alot to do with it. CDC was involved and I ended up in a acute rehabilitation hospital for 7 weeks. I was on some medicine that they had to test before I took it, wait for results and then gave me the shot if I was ok. On top of this they insisted that I take penecillen. I kept telling them that I was allergic to it but convinced my husband and son it was the best thing for me. Oh my God, the reaction I got to that penecillen was unreal. Red blotches all over my body, I thought I was going to rip my skin off!!! The woman doctor from the CDC said she had never seen such a reaction in all her years.

These infections are awful. That is why I stayed so still here in my home these last few months. All I needed was that on top of the heart issues I have!!!

I hope that your wife is doing better, as we get older it gets harder and harder to fight things off. I am going Monday for pre op and the Covid test. No operation without it, so I pray this crazy body that I have gets me thru this. I have had many false positives in my live and had to convince doctors to do tests over and over. We shall see, On top of all of this, I have to go in by myself, no hubby, no son or daughter for moral support. Dropping me off at the door for both

Have you gotten your results back
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:07 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Dboss...In 2015 I was so sick, close to summer,, end of June.  I had no energy, could not walk, climb stairs, just sat all day long. In fact I was going up the stairs backwards, until I finally couldn't do it any more. Went to the doctor, she sent me for blood work, xrays, etc.  They sent me home, at 5:00 in the morning the hospital called my house and told me I had to get right back to the hospital, I had a bacterial blood infection. They had no idea what caused it and to this day still don't.  I believe that Lupus had alot to do with it. CDC was involved and I ended up in a acute rehabilitation hospital for 7 weeks. I was on some medicine that they had to test before I took it, wait for results and then gave me the shot if I was ok.  On top of this they insisted that I take penecillen.  I kept telling them that I was allergic to it but convinced my husband and son it was the best thing for me.  Oh my God, the reaction I got to that penecillen was unreal. Red blotches all over my body, I thought I was going to rip my skin off!!! The woman doctor from the CDC said she had never seen such a reaction in all her years.

These infections are awful. That is why I stayed so still here in my home these last few months. All I needed was that on top of the heart issues I have!!!  

I hope that your wife is doing better, as we get older it gets harder and harder to fight things off. I am going Monday for pre op and the Covid test. No operation without it, so I pray this crazy body that I have gets me thru this.  I have had many false positives in my live and had to convince doctors to do tests over and over.  We shall see, On top of all of this, I have to go in by myself, no hubby, no son or daughter for moral support. Dropping me off at the door for both

Have you gotten your results back
Rosalie that experience was horrible.  

Congestive heart failure was the result of my wife's heart infection.  She had an infraction rate of around 15%.  In 2004 she had defibrillator implant surgery. (device has now been replaced 2 times) I was worried sick that she would go to sleep and never wake up.  Over the past 20 years she has been under the care of a truly magnificent cardiologist.  Last year her infraction rate improved to 45%.  Her Dr said that is not something that happens very often.  

Rosalie you are in our prayers for a great recovery.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:47 pm

dboss, Rosalie, Jerzey, and anyone else going through personal obstacles right now...

I have a challenge for you. It's a good one, too.

I opened an envelope this afternoon. It was the results of my 5-year post-surgical full body scan that I had last week...

No signs of cancer.

It came on my wedding anniversary, and tomorrow's my birthday, too. Damn good day.

Here's the challenge. I'm waiting to hear your good news too. Post it here.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:40 am

Sounds like a good challenge.

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday.

Wonderful news about your scan.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 am

I will accept that challenge!!!!

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. How many years? Bill and I just celebrated our 50th anniversary a week ago. We have known each other for 60 years!!!!! Imagine that!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Rosalie,

Thank you!

50! That's outstanding!

Happy Anniversary, just a bit belated!

21 for us, so I'm running a little behind you!

Regards

Last edited by NYCelt on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:10 pm

dboss wrote:Sounds like a good challenge.

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday.

Wonderful news about your scan.

Thank you dboss!

We had baseball practice this morning, so it has already been a good day!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:12 pm

NYCelt,

That was some very good news.   cheers

You and my youngest share the same birthday.  She turned 32 today.  All I can do is shake my head about that.  Unbelievable.

Oh, yeah.  Today is also my half-birthday!

I learned something the other day.  I got an email that congratulated me on my half-birthday.  It made me wonder, what the heck is a half-birthday?  Apparently it is the day that is exactly 6 months away from your actual birthday.  So, the advertisement folks have invented yet another fake holiday for us to celebrate (in other words, spend money on).

So when my next actual birthday rolls around, I'll wish you a happy half-birthday!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 pm

The test came up negative.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:25 pm

dboss wrote:The test came up negative.

Dboss,

WOOHOO!!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Excellent!!! I had it done today, it was disgusting!!!!!!! Just my opinion, God Bless those people working every day in this unit. They deserve a month off with pay after having to go through that day in and day out!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:38 pm

NYCelt

I met my challenge
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Excellent!!!  I had it done today, it was disgusting!!!!!!!  Just my opinion, God Bless those people working every day in this unit. They deserve a month off with pay after having to go through that day in and day out!!!
Rosalie

Thank you.

We are going to have a members only Zoom session after your procedure when you are back home and feeling peachy.

You have tons of love and prayers coming your way.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you, can't wait for it all to be over. Will love to join you all. Believe me, all the good wishes and love I get here mean millions to me
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 pm

gyso wrote:NYCelt,

That was some very good news.   cheers

You and my youngest share the same birthday.  She turned 32 today.  All I can do is shake my head about that.  Unbelievable.

Oh, yeah.  Today is also my half-birthday!

I learned something the other day.  I got an email that congratulated me on my half-birthday.  It made me wonder, what the heck is a half-birthday?  Apparently it is the day that is exactly 6 months away from your actual birthday.  So, the advertisement folks have invented yet another fake holiday for us to celebrate (in other words, spend money on).

So when my next actual birthday rolls around, I'll wish you a happy half-birthday!

gyso

Well then; Happy Half!

...and a belated Happy to your daughter!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:44 pm

dboss wrote:NYCelt

I met my challenge

Congrats! That's excellent to hear!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:45 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Thank you, can't wait for it all to be over.  Will love to join you all.  Believe me, all the good wishes and love I get here mean millions to me

We're all looking forward to talking with you.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:04 am

Dbrown...sorry. I moved and except for my cellphone have been pretty much offline. Struggling to get connected with Comcast

My understanding is that if one is infected with no symptoms for 14 days to 30 days one is then out of the woods. I could be wrong
Even Dr. FAUCI often is.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am

Good morning to all,

I think my family will be going through what dboss has for a long time with his wife. My wife is fair and went to the doctors office for the first time yesterday.

Thank you Worcester for all your information! It has been wonderful....

We were told by our doctor that Covid 19 is a co-virus of Sars. He believes we will have to live with this as it mutates.

He is also paying a lot of attention to a California company that is focusing on the passive form of the virus. He is concerned that this company might be shut down. As we all know this is big business.
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 am

I just got the email that my covid test was negative, thank God. That was the last thing I needed to deal with with these heart issues. Good thing is I am the first surgery of the day at MGH, 5:30AM I report to the hospital a few minutes earlier and everything gets start soon after.

Jersey-I am so sorry for all that your wife is going thru, it is a battle, no doubt about that. Tell her to hang in there, I have been thru so many different issues in the last few years but I am still standing and hopefully will be better once I have this valve surgery. This is the second time around for me, the valve was replaced in 2013, then affected by a bacterial blood infection in 2015, and they have been watching it since then.They can do so much now, I am having a stent put inside the original valve as they feel I would not make it thru another open heart surgery.

keep the faith my friend my thoughts and prayers are with you both
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2