Free Agency /NBA Draft Dates Set

2 posters

Go down

Free Agency /NBA Draft Dates Set Empty Free Agency /NBA Draft Dates Set

Post by dboss Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:12 pm

I read on BR that FA has been set for Oct 18th.  

If that is true how will this impact the Celtics and other teams who have guys on team options and player options?

What happens with GH?  Could it impact any plans to offer him an extension?

If he plays below average during the season restart it will hurt his market value and I think he would opt in and not gamble on making $34 million in his final year.  I have a feeling that GH may be the centerpiece for a trade.  The reason is money.  It does not seem possible to spend upwards of $125 million on 4 players.  As many of you know GH is one of my favorite players on this team.   Forgive me but I cannot help but send a shot across the bow.  If The Celtics had not overpaid for Kemba Walker the chance to retain GH for 4 more years may have been easier.  I see no realistic pathway for him staying in place unless he agrees to taking a substantial pay cut.  His player option is money in the bank so he should take that.

The other thing I want to mention is the date of the draft on Oct 15 and the date of free agency on Oct 18th.  Once again these dates need to be flip flopped so that teams can target draft picks better.  The NFL does it the right way.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Free Agency /NBA Draft Dates Set Empty Re: Free Agency /NBA Draft Dates Set

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:56 pm

With the virus obviously not dead and beginning to resurface, these may be the only two NBA dates that anyone can count on for quite some time.

And, DBOSS has a great idea relating to flip flopping these two dates.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Interesting how people who shop at one store are fully engaged in wearing masks and maintaining social distancing  and at another store in close proximity people are walking around no masks no distancing in pursuit of their freedom of choice.

Too many people do not comprehend the magnitude of the virus.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down