Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child

+3
bobheckler
dboss
tjmakz
7 posters

Go down

Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child Empty Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:27 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29405050/celtics-gordon-hayward-plans-leave-bubble-birth-child
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child Empty Re: Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child

Post by dboss Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:02 pm

GH said the baby is due in September so that means he would miss some playoff games. He clearly has his priorities in order.

Marcus Smart is the likely replacement in the starting lineup. This situation brings into focus our bench and who is able to step up

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child Empty Re: Celtics' Gordon Hayward plans to leave NBA bubble for birth of child

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Women weaken legs...and rosters.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:34 am

Excuse me???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Willie Per the lightweight boxing champ oncew wrote:

"First the lkegs go. Thyen the money goes. Then the women go."

It was Burgess Meredith as Rocky's trainer Mick who warned  Rocky against sexual relations before a fight by saying, "Women weaken legs."

Here's a tweet on that subject for what it is worth. I have no basis on which to say it is credible, none, and he does not cite the study.

Mav
Lv 6
1 decade ago
When Rocky Balboa was Training....His Trainer said.....Stay away from your Girl friend......Women Weaken Legs.

A Mans legs get weaker after being intimate with a Female.

This was proved decades ago by researchers. They tested Married men who were Track runners, and who had been intimate with their partners the previous evening....The conclusion was: They lost 20 percent off their time.

So, if you plan on Boxing or running......give up Intimacy for a few days.

Rocky did that and won the Fight:)...smiles

Chow.

Here is the counter argument which I do find credible, that women do not weaken legs:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1218218-mma-myth-or-fact-does-sex-before-a-fight-weaken-a-fighter

Sorry, I had pasted the counter argument in the wrong place.

Last edited by worcester on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 pm

There is no relevance here to those statements. Hayward has chosen family first, and I think it is a sign of a man who has his priorities in order. He wife is moving back to Indy with her girls and he will fly in to Indy to see the birth of his son. He has been told by the league that he has to get tested daily, and after the birth of his son, when he goes back to the bubble, he has to
quarantine for four days baring any positive Covid test. If that happens........he is probably out.

There are those who say he should not even go. That, to me, is a decision only he can make and I am sure he has discussed this with Brad, Danny, maybe even Wyc. I am sure they are in agreement with his decision. Porier is also doing this, I know his absence will not truly affect the team, but Haywards will, especially if he is playing well.

There is life after basketball and the worst thing would be for him to look over his shoulder and say "I should have gone home". He his it right.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Gee

I do think we are on the edge of a minefield.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:42 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:There is no relevance here to those statements.  Hayward has chosen family first, and I think it is a sign of a man who has his priorities in order.  He wife is moving back to Indy with her girls and he will fly in to Indy to see the birth of his son. He has been told by the league that he has to get tested daily, and after the birth of his son, when he goes back to the bubble, he has to
quarantine for four days baring any positive Covid test. If that happens........he is probably out.

There are those who say he should not even go.  That, to me, is a decision only he can make and I am sure he has discussed this with Brad, Danny, maybe even Wyc.  I am sure they are in agreement with his decision.  Porier is also doing this, I know his absence will not truly affect the team, but Haywards will, especially if he is playing well.  

There is life after basketball and the worst thing would be for him to look over his shoulder and say "I should have gone home".  He his it right.
Choosing family is an easy decision.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 am

dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:There is no relevance here to those statements.  Hayward has chosen family first, and I think it is a sign of a man who has his priorities in order.  He wife is moving back to Indy with her girls and he will fly in to Indy to see the birth of his son. He has been told by the league that he has to get tested daily, and after the birth of his son, when he goes back to the bubble, he has to

There are those who say he should not even go.  That, to me, is a decision only he can make and I am sure he has discussed this with Brad, Danny, maybe even Wyc.  I am sure they are in agreement with his decision.  Porier is also doing this, I know his absence will not truly affect the team, but Haywards will, especially if he is playing well.  

There is life after basketball and the worst thing would be for him to look over his shoulder and say "I should have gone home".  He his it right.
Choosing family is an easy decision.

Without a doubt.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:32 am

I FULLY RESPECT GORDON'S DECISION TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS WIFE IN LABOR.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Heard Theis will also be leaving the bubble.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Theis' reason?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 pm

I have been looking, cannot find any stories
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:52 pm

I read about it today but let me see if I can find the link.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Unable to find it so I have to assume I misread the article.  Sometimes a miss-read is a good thing.

GH says his foot still has soreness

"Gordon Hayward, however, has been dealing with soreness and nerve issues in his left foot all season. According to Hayward, those injuries are yet to resolve themselves despite all of the time he was able to spend off his feet since March 11."
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:07 pm

This has to be frustrating for him, he has done all the right things to rehab.  I feel sorry for him because somewhere down the road arthritis will set in that foot,
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Not necessarily Rosalie.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:18 pm

This is the main reason why I expect him to opt in or sign a new deal with Boston. The foot is a red flag for teams.

All I can say is that we need him to Get On the Good Foot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgGwI12zMJg
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I searched "Daniel Theis Celtics bubble" earlier and only found articles like the one below.  That doesn't mean anything, I just didn't find one about him leaving the Florida bubble.  This is from today.

Daniel Theis hopes NBA players obey bubble rules

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/07/02/0702-bh-s-celtics/

By MARK MURPHY | Boston Herald

PUBLISHED: July 2, 2020 at 4:48 p.m. | UPDATED: July 2, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.

Players will be players, as professional sports prove time and again.

After over three months of isolation, and even more to come in Orlando’s bubble environment, someone will get tired of the available amenities, like a golf course and quality dining inside the complex.

Someone will be lured by attractions outside the bubble. But Daniel Theis hopes it doesn’t happen — that the NBA’s temptation rate stays at zero.

“It’s also important that all the players follow the rules, and don’t try to sneak out, because it’s not just a danger for him. It’s for the whole NBA and everybody in there,” the Celtics center said during a media conference call.

Theis has a good model for what can work. The just-completed German Bundesliga basketball season, won by Alba Berlin, was finished in a closed environment.

Theis checked in with his best friend, Elias Harris — the former Gonzaga player who played last season with Bamberg, Theis’ old German team — and received some encouraging news about a system that seemed to have worked well.

“My best friend played in the tournament. In the beginning he wasn’t sure about it, but during the tournament he was pretty positive,” said Theis. “The way everything was organized with the testing and safety, he was really positive. They made it sure that they can just focus on basketball.

“That’s what we want to do. Practice, get into game shape and as soon as the game starts go. I don’t know how much people are going to leave the room anyway. If you play every second day you’ll probably need it for rest anyway.”

Kemba Walker, describing himself as a homebody, said he would have no problem abiding by the rules earlier this week.

Though Portland’s Damian Lillard speculated earlier this week that some players were bound to sneak out, Theis has faith in his Celtics teammates.

“I think I can only speak for myself and our team. I don’t know how many teams have no positive tests,” he said of the Celtics passing the first round of testing. “After Smart was the first one on our team, after that we had no positive tests, where we see other teams have somebody test positive.

“I know that our team, our players are going to follow the rules,” said Theis. “I just hope that everybody in this bubble, from players to staff to everybody just follows the rules and thinks about that it’s not just about himself but it’s about that he can get more people sick and he can potentially get the NBA season cancelled again.

“If somebody’s going to bring it in there and I don’t know, 20, 30, 40, 50 people test positive it, might be cancelled again. So we’ve got to trust. We’ve got to trust each other, the whole NBA, everybody. It’s just staying in there and following the rules as much as possible.”

Asked if it was hard to have that trust in other teams, Theis said, “First of all I think we’re not supposed to have any contact with other teams anyway. So we don’t know but the NBA is one big organization, one big family, so I hope everybody is just trusting each other without even knowing so that everybody follows the rules.

“If somebody got real problems with following the rules, he’s staying home. I think if he’s really thinking about from the first day he’s going to break the rules, I think it’s not worth coming down anyway.”

Enes Kanter seconds Theis’ hope that players will behave.

“I was looking at what Kemba was saying (about Orlando). I am a single guy too,” said Kanter. “I am outgoing but I don’t need to go out. It’s a big sacrifice for the players that are going out there and are literally staying in their room for two months. Everyone has to do their part to keep the team safe.

“Like I said, it won’t be a problem for me,” he said. “I am not a big gamer so I guess I’ll start playing games. My teammates talk about Call of Duty, Fortnite, (NBA) 2K, and FIFA, so I guess I’ll just start playing those games. If I had to do it, I won’t have to leave my room so I’m just going to stay in my room. We have one goal and until we reach that goal, I think everyone has to do their sacrifice.”

As such, beyond being forced to leave his family for an extended period of time, Theis has early confidence in the NBA’s attempt to carry a similar system on a much larger scale.

“From what we’ve seen as players, it’s a great setup,” he said. “Nobody is expecting it’s gonna be perfect down there, nobody has ever done something like this. I’ve seen it in Germany — the BBA played it similar and stayed in a hotel with 10 teams. It worked out pretty well. They got tested the same way — no accidents, no issues, no positive tests while they were playing. It was only three or four weeks but it worked out too. I have confidence the system in Orlando will be good for everybody.”

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 pm

I hope he is right. Young guys are going to start getting frisky after a couple of months of lockup!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Brian Scalabrine suggests that Gordon should zoom the birth of his son. What a jerk. see video below

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/celtics-home-thriving-or-trouble-bubble-orlando
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down