Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns

4 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns  Empty Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Jaylen is the best player on the team right now, nobody else is even close, and we know he's not the best player on the team.  This is very heartening because Tatum etal will get their rhythm back eventually.

Gordon had an awful 1st half but a solid 3rd quarter.

Tatum was icy to start, hit one, and then ripped off 3 in a row including some difficult ones.

Smart was Smart except for 4 turnovers.

Theis didn't get bullied but Ayton isn't Embiid and neither is Frank "the tank" Kaminski.

Some good, some bad from Romeo.  Mostly rookie bad and there's not much we can do about that now.

Carsen still can't hit a 3. He was VERY aggressive going to the rim (one time foolishly going 1 on 3) but couldn't hit from range. Damnest thing I've ever seen. We KNOW he has unlimited range.

Tremont Waters' court vision rules the world. 🌎.

Wanny was solid, doing his thing.

Javonte Green with another good outing. Making good decisions, attacking the rim.

Kanter effective around the rim, just not on defense but we know that about him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns  Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Jayson Tatum: 16 points, 9 rebounds
Jaylen Brown: 21 points
Kemba Walker: 6 points
Gordon Hayward: 17 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists
Enes Kanter: 7 points, 3 rebounds
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns  Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Post Game Thread - Bubble Scrimmage vs Suns  Boxscore

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am

I do like it when CE takes it to the basket. Usually that is enough to get an off-target sharp shooter some confidence to return to his specialty, especially given everyone is expecting him to bomb from outside regularly.

Again, not enough evidence to say whether we go out in the first round or hoist the trophy, but we're still in the conversation. Nice to see OG have a good game.

Kemba as well, given the restrictions. That's going to be a lot of scorers to have to shoot down all at once when all 4 are on the floor. No cheating.

Smart? What an huge asset. Nuff said.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:27 pm

I was not able to see the game, just some highlights.    

It appears that our top 8 include Theis, Tatum. Walker, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Wanamaker and Kanter.

Semi rotated into the game near the end of the 1st QTR and Grant Williams came in with 5:33 left in the 2nd QTR.  Kanter came in in the 3rd QTR followed by Langford and then Edwards and then RWII.  

Brad has not found that 9th guy who can come in and impact the game offensively but they have several who can help on the defensive end.

The reality of this situation is not lost.  The lack of quality offensive depth on this team is our achilles heal.  That is the bad news.  The good news is that JT, JB and MS are more than capable of playing extended minutes during the playoffs.

This is only one of 3 scrimmage games.  We still have 8 regular season restart games to digest.  The Celtics would do well to maintain their seeding and then give the young guys more playing time.  Who will step up [9-15] and play above their season averages?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Well it won't take much for CE to do answer "yes, pick me!", dboss! If he finds his range even in a couple of weeks, it could be VERY dangerous for the competition.

I'll go with the long shot.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:44 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Well it won't take much for CE to do answer "yes, pick me!", dboss!  If he finds his range even in a couple of weeks, it could be VERY dangerous for the competition.  

db

DB, okay so you have picked CE.

I am going to see if gyso would be willing to do a poll for our 9-15 guys

Who will step up
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm

dboss wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:Well it won't take much for CE to do answer "yes, pick me!", dboss!  If he finds his range even in a couple of weeks, it could be VERY dangerous for the competition.  

db

DB,  okay so you have picked CE.

I am going to see if gyso would be willing to do a poll for our 9-15 guys

Who will step up

Done.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:05 pm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Here are extended highlights from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFxlhcu5FBU

Waters made some great passes for layups. The Celtics showed a 2.2.1 3/4 press.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down