gyso
sinus007
swedeinestonia
worcester
babyskyhook
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How far do you think the "Super Team" gets next year ?

The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
[ 2 ]
The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll

Post by Nycelt84 Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Miami will finish 69-13 and up losing in the conference finals to Boston leading to Pat Riley returning to the bench for the following season.

Nycelt84

Back to top Go down

The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "Super Team" (Heat) Thread & How far do they get next year poll

Post by jeb Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 am

Miami will win their first 40 games then a terrible case of string warts will cripple "king" james and it will be up to "d" wade and "c" bosh to carry the day.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:48 am

espn's John Hollinger will do a ten part special going "inside" string warts.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 am

"King" James management team will blame the string warts on everyone but "king" James. "D" Wade will be the first under the bus.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:56 am

I think the Celtics will have a better regular season record than the Heat.

Somewhere around 71-11 seems reasonable Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:32 am

Swede,

I'd be the last person to throw any cold water on the fire of enthusiasm currently raging on behalf of the Celtics. But I hope people will realize that this is probably the most unusual configuration of a Celtics team at least in recent history, if not their entire history.

The unusual nature of the roster (whatever it winds up consisting of) is very likely to dictate some sort of learning curve in their ability to play well together. At present, the starting center position definitely seems up for grabs. If KG is revitalized as it appears, some adjustments will be required to find the optimal level for his play. The sage of Rondo's gradual assumption of team leadership still goes on. The bench may very well include only one player who played all of last season with the Celtics. This chemistry stuff is not just a just theory. It's really important.

I'd like nothing better than to see them run roughshod over the entire league and grab the championship going away. But I'll wager there are at least half a dozen other teams that will be at least as good as, or better than, they were last year. I don't think we should be at all disappointed if the Cs have to take the slow but sure route to contention status.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:05 am

Sam i'm with you as far as the chemistry issue. Sure over the course of the summer we went Bionic (better, stronger, faster- ok maybe not faster but definetly improved rebounding capabilities) and the talent is there to go all the way.

that key issue will be for us is how quickly Doc finds The or A winning formula {could be more than 1 ya know} and how quickly the new Celtics can rekindle their chemistry.

this could be all done very quickly, or over time. I'm thinking that, it's going to be on ongoing process, which as the season drags on will yeild more and more positive results if we can manege to stay healthy.

while 4 of our 5 starters know each other well and have the chemistry down, how the 5th wheel interacts with them and changes their perspective roles will have a large impact on the chemistry already devoloped during the past 3 yrs. Then, when Perk comes back another change will take place and further adjustments will be needed.

the same can be said of Delonte, who we will miss till almost december, another guy who'll cause adjustments to be made once he returns.

and its not just the players who'll be causes for concern, the coaching staff will be missing Thibs and Cliff, more adjustments will be needed there.

it'll be interesting watching all this devolope over time. Last season as you brought out several times, saw a steady stream of adjustments being made and the team never really jelled (largely due to injuries) till it was time for the playoffs- and even then, i dont think we were at 100%.

I think the guys coming back have a renewed sense of urgency, a chip on their shoulders and took away a couple lessons about sticking together as a team. the new guys too (especialy the O'Neils) have a bit to prove. all reports coming out of camp remind me of 07-08, these guys are excited and seem to be all on the same page. And we all know how that turned out.

on the other hand, as you've also pointed out, at least 6 other teams have also improved on their rosters and cant be counted out. in each case their facing the same issues we are, getting the talent to buidl chemistry and be productive. Some of those teams will do so better than others, some might prove to be better than the sum of their parts, while others wil be less than the sum of their parts. In this regard, under the headship of Doc Rivers the C's have an overwelming advantage going into the season.

Another area we will have an advantage is with the vetern attitude the team will display. These guys have sacrificed for this team already, for a shot at the 2010-2011 title. the Big Three have sacrificed since coming together individual acculades. Rondo plays a style less suited to himself and more to his teammates needs. Shaq, J. O'neil, Daniles, Robinson. Peirce and Ray allen could have all went elsewhere for more money.

already the attitude that is most prevelent is "I'm here to do whatever i can for the team to be better" It just might take a while for everyone (the player, coaches and his teammates) to find out exactly what that is. Still, the ingrediants are all there waiting to be used, the pot just needs stirred. One thing is certian, whatever the celtics cook up this season is going to be exciting!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am

Sam wrote:Swede,

I'd be the last person to throw any cold water on the fire of enthusiasm currently raging on behalf of the Celtics. But I hope people will realize that this is probably the most unusual configuration of a Celtics team at least in recent history, if not their entire history.

The unusual nature of the roster (whatever it winds up consisting of) is very likely to dictate some sort of learning curve in their ability to play well together. At present, the starting center position definitely seems up for grabs. If KG is revitalized as it appears, some adjustments will be required to find the optimal level for his play. The sage of Rondo's gradual assumption of team leadership still goes on. The bench may very well include only one player who played all of last season with the Celtics. This chemistry stuff is not just a just theory. It's really important.

I'd like nothing better than to see them run roughshod over the entire league and grab the championship going away. But I'll wager there are at least half a dozen other teams that will be at least as good as, or better than, they were last year. I don't think we should be at all disappointed if the Cs have to take the slow but sure route to contention status.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sam

Oh I was just kidding.

Would not mind that kind of record though hehe.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Matty and Swede,

I believe one factor that could have significant impact on this team could involve what they will NOT have. I have to try to find the right words because I don't want to dump on anybody. But one of (if not THE) most ever-present influences on the Celtics last season was Sheed.

He played in 79 of their 82 games last regular season (barely behind Ray and Rondo by a game or two). And we all know that, for better or worse, he had a rather magnetic personality, which was bound to be particularly influential among a relatively young and impressionable bench unit.

I firmly believe Sheed had reached the point in his career at which he was a front-runner. He played better, smarter, and more proactively when things were going well, and he often gave gave the impression (via his ill-timed heaves alone) of going through the motions otherwise. He was too often a leader without portfolio among the bench, and too frequently I believe that factor had a trickle-UP effect on the starters (including times when he was one of them).

I never thought they dogged it last season, contrary to what I know was popular opinion. But I do believe they too frequently lacked the veteran catalyst that might have inspired them into making the extra effort.

Even if Shaq and JO were to adopt the same approach this season (and I have no reason to believe they will), it appears that the lineup will be stacked with several consistently proactive catalysts who can and will be more influential—a rejuvenated KG, a blossoming Rondo, a more comfortable Ray, a more contract-committed (and hopefully more rested) Pierce, a West who would kill to win (I hope not literally), a 300-pound gorilla named Glen, etc.

In short, over the offseason, by addition and subtraction, the Celtic may have experienced a greater net infusion of determined and enthusiastic leadership than any other team in the league. Right now, they seem to be oozing with it. I hope that trend continues.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi,
There's a good chance that this season will be similar to the last: injury here and there. Which will create a lot of re-adjustments. Doc will have a lot of sleepless nights. That's on top of the big ? how well and fast the new key players (JO, Shaq and DW) will jel.
The other important point is positive (IMO): the second unit will need "transitional team", aka RA/PP, less. Therefore these two will have more gas at the end of a game and playoffs. I hope Doc will be able to limit their minutes to 30-35 a game.
Now, since it's a thread about Mia I have a question. What should Doc do if the trio-on-the-beach will click? I know, I know... but as we all know, sh*t happens. Do the Celtics have any weapons other than DW's and Shaq putting LJ and DWade on the floor as he did to RR last year?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:54 am

jeb65 wrote:
Miami will win their first 40 games then a terrible case of string warts will cripple "king" james and it will be up to "d" wade and "c" bosh to carry the day.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jeb- hilarious.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 am

jeb65 wrote:espn's John Hollinger will do a ten part special going "inside" string warts.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Even better. You are on fire my friend. I'm literally LOL.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:47 pm

hows tricks sky? Man i am really stoked to see this all play out. Lets hear it for the old guys.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm good buddy. I just got back a couple of weeks ago from Central America. Was in Nicaragua and El Salvador for a month or so. Got some great waves and some great footage for my surfing doc. Good times all around.

What's going on with you ? I saw you weren't on the board for a bit. You been on location ?

Yes- let's hear it for the old guys, all the way around.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Bleep Miami.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2