Gordon Hayward Empty Gordon Hayward

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Just reported he will miss 4 weeks, Grade three sprain
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Gordon Hayward Empty Re: Gordon Hayward

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:49 pm

I meant to add, this will bring them to the beginning of ECF, let's pray his wife has the baby while he is off!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:50 pm

I feel for the guy. Truly hope when all is said and done Gordon and the Celtics win a championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:55 pm

most likely means season ending then. I have ah rd time seeing us getting past Toronto without one of our top 4 players.

oh well.....so much for being healthy going into the playoffs.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:20 pm

why would you say that? Come on, could be they are building some time in there for the birth of his son, and not telling us. Keep the faith, I refuse to give up this easy. He has injured this ankle before, knows what it takes to get back up and running.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:25 pm

If GH is as important to this team as I believe that he is, this latest injury completely changes the dynamics of a team that has made its' mark with an impressive 3 wings in our lineup.

If we had a 'puncher's chance', as kdp59 stated in our end of regular season zoom wrap up, we now have a puncher's chance with one hand tied behind our backs.

We really do not have a viable replacement for Gordon.  Basically we are down to 3 legit scorers and Philly has to be licking their chops because now they can double one of our scorers and let Marcus or Theis try to beat us. That is what I would do if I was their coach.

There was a bridge across the river down the road but now it has been washed out.

If by the grace of God we survive the Philly series Gordon will be back after the Raptors series has started but probably no help there as the baby is due in September.

Who gets the call?  Likely Semi at PF and both Smart and Wanamaker's minutes may increase.  There simply is no one on our weak bench that I can look at and think, great he can play, he will get us points.  

Well we are gonna watch these games anyways and hope for the best.  That is it for us as fans.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Certainly we will miss him but its not like he’s been setting the league on 🔥!
Let’s hope he returns sooner than soon, but until then..(cliche’ coming) NEXT MAN UP!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:55 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Just reported he will miss 4 weeks, Grade three sprain

Oh no....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:02 pm

dboss wrote:If GH is as important to this team as I believe that he is, this latest injury completely changes the dynamics of a team that has made its' mark with an impressive 3 wings in our lineup.

If we had a 'puncher's chance', as kdp59 stated in our end of regular season zoom wrap up, we now have a puncher's chance with one hand tied behind our backs.

We really do not have a viable replacement for Gordon.  Basically we are down to 3 legit scorers and Philly has to be licking their chops because now they can double one of our scorers and let Marcus or Theis try to beat us. That is what I would do if I was their coach.

There was a bridge across the river down the road but now it has been washed out.

If by the grace of God we survive the Philly series Gordon will be back after the Raptors series has started but probably no help there as the baby is due in September.

Who gets the call?  Likely Semi at PF and both Smart and Wanamaker's minutes may increase.  There simply is no one on our weak bench that I can look at and think, great he can play, he will get us points.  

Well we are gonna watch these games anyways and hope for the best.  That is it for us as fans.

I love GH on this team, but I don't know, I guess I'm feeling a little more confident. We still have 3 top notch scorers. Kemba will likely have to do a little more.

Any chance Javonte gets the call? He can't shoot 3s but he can get to the bucket and defend. Semi has been nailing the corner 3s as well, and can also defend. Smart could obviously slide into the starting lineup. It's definitely not great, but I think we might just be able to get through this.

Like someone else said, would be great if Mrs GH could just go ahead and deliver now....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:36 pm

What a shame, he was due for some big games this play off run, maybe he can come back a little early? I’m hoping....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
dboss wrote:If GH is as important to this team as I believe that he is, this latest injury completely changes the dynamics of a team that has made its' mark with an impressive 3 wings in our lineup.

I love GH on this team, but I don't know, I guess I'm feeling a little more confident. We still have 3 top notch scorers. Kemba will likely have to do a little more.

Any chance Javonte gets the call? He can't shoot 3s but he can get to the bucket and defend. Semi has been nailing the corner 3s as well, and can also defend. Smart could obviously slide into the starting lineup. It's definitely not great, but I think we might just be able to get through this.

Like someone else said, would be great if Mrs GH could just go ahead and deliver now....
Green could be a guy that may step in and step up.  I just cannot say for certain.  He is a high energy guy but he needs to play within himself...under control.

I guess we will find out tomorrow but I think Semi will be the one who will get the call.  He will not hurt us defensively but I can only hope he can knock down those catch and shoot opportunities that are sure to present themselves.  

If I'm coach Brown I am bringing immediate help to limit JT.  JT will need to pass out of those double teams.  

Each game will be different as teams make adjustments.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:00 pm

And that is why they will miss Gordon, he draws attention because there is so much he can do, how dangerous he can be. Tatum benefits from Gordon being on the court. I trust that, out of no where, someone will step forward and fill that gap for the time necessary. You never know!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down