Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers

+4
jrleftfoot
dboss
gyso
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  Empty Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Just going to start this quickly. Jump in.

Congrats to Kemba Walker on his first playoff series win. 32 points on 8-15 is a great way to play a close out game.

Theis with 15 points and 2-5 from 3.

Tatum with a slow start but some killer 3s in the 3rd to take it from a 2 possession 5 point lead to an 11 point lead at the end of 3.

Virtual Philly fans waving brooms at the end. Man, that's cold as ice coming from your own fans.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401236271

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  Empty Re: Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers

Post by gyso Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Here is the Game Flow graph:

Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  2020-072

It was a close game for 3 1/2 quarters
That l o n n n n n n g dry spell by the 26ers to finish the 3rd was their doom.

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  Empty Re: Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers

Post by gyso Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  2020-073
Post Game Thread - First Round Playoffs, Game 4 vs Sixers  2020-074

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:36 pm

The Celtics were playing with house money but they were not going to squander their winnings by letting the Sixers win anything other than a quick exit from the bubble.

The Celtics put their collective stamp on this win by crushing all hopes and dreams of a comeback in the 3rd quarter with a 32-19 burst.

Kemba Walker carried us for most of this game and Jayson Tatum shut the door with 28 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal and 2 blocks.  

This was a hard fought and extremely satisfying victory over an old nemesis.

Next up is Toronto but in between, our guys will have some much needed R & R.  Tatum Smart and Brown all logged 40 or more Minutes and Walker played 36.  Their intentions were clear.  They came to play, to win.

Our zoom wrap up was attended by kdp59, worchester, and Pete.  Thanks for joining.

Congratulation to the Boston Celtics for a job well done.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Walker is proving he is not just " some guy." Tatum's rebounding, defense and passing were all allstar quality. Can't say I miss Kyrie, or Rozier. Looking at what Celtics minority owner got for his share iof the franchise, I see no reason the shamrocks can't pay all their main guys.Now if DA can just draft a quality big man and/or acquire a shooter by any means necessary.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:54 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Walker is proving he is not just " some guy." Tatum's rebounding, defense and passing were all allstar quality. Can't say I miss Kyrie, or Rozier. Looking at what Celtics minority owner got for his share iof the franchise, I see no reason the shamrocks can't pay all their main guys.Now if DA can just draft a quality big man and/or acquire a shooter by any means necessary.

It is called the luxury tax that becomes more punitive for repeaters.

The Celtics will pay to keep Tatum for sure.  Not so sure what happens with GH.

The draft provides a dice roll chance to add a shooter and a big.  I say go for it but by all means move some picks.  There are way too many rookies on this team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:40 pm

dboss

Tried for about an hour to log on - but got responses such as show cancelled.Maybe this new electric toy is to much for my over the hill brain to handlle. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Only 4 players off the bench for 16 shots - and 2 players accounted for 12 of those 16. With that bench help we need to stay away from 7 game series.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:44 pm

swish wrote:dboss

Tried for about an hour to log on - but got responses such as show cancelled.Maybe this new electric toy is to much for my over the hill brain to handlle. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Only 4 players off the bench for 16 shots - and 2 players accounted for 12 of those 16. With that bench help we need to stay away from  7 game series.

swish
Swish I saw you but you did not speak and then you left.  Try again next time.

Thanks
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:02 pm

dboss wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Walker is proving he is not just " some guy." Tatum's rebounding, defense and passing were all allstar quality. Can't say I miss Kyrie, or Rozier. Looking at what Celtics minority owner got for his share iof the franchise, I see no reason the shamrocks can't pay all their main guys.Now if DA can just draft a quality big man and/or acquire a shooter by any means necessary.

It is called the luxury tax that becomes more punitive for repeaters.

The Celtics will pay to keep Tatum for sure.  Not so sure what happens with GH.

The draft provides a dice roll chance to add a shooter and a big.  I say go for it but by all means move some picks.  There are way too many rookies on this team.
               super cute kid. I'm aware of the luxury tax. I''m saying they can afford to pay it  obviously, they won't give max contracts to everybody, but they can keep the band together if the team is  championship caliber.  Bain Capital values the franchise at 2.8 billion dollars.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:09 am

Kemba is the the one stepping up BIG TIME!  Sans OG, TOR will still have to stop a Big 3 and not a Big 4.  

I'm going to guess the firings in PHI start today and by this week at the latest.  Predictions?  Elton Brand, N-Squared and (this will take more time) Simmons will be shown the door.  Nuclear option.  

Interesting play late in the 4th with Marcus "not knowing" how much time was on the shot clock after multiple minutes of down time.  I think Brad may have told him to dribble it out.  It looked too obvious.  Marcus knew exactly how much time there was on the clock.  Brad may have told him that the game is over, these guys are in our rear view mirror, don't score.  I don't know, just looked funny to me.  

As for our next round opponents, I'm going to go out on a limb and make this next series about the coaches.  Obviously N-Squared deserved COY.  But for Brad to get one 2nd place vote?  Now, nothing needs to be said from Boston.  Show is the only thing that needs to be done.  Players need to privately get behind the fact that their coach is the best in the East and give him the 2nd Round Series against the COY.  If TOR takes us out, I'll tip my hat.

Now things tighten up in a hurry and it appears we ain't getting a week off either for the sweep.  Series starts Thursday although I'm going to guess without looking at schedule, the first four games will be Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday to get series back in the two week cycle.

We have the talent.  Remember PHI was 3-1 against us.  We are 3-1 against TOR so that means nothing.  Shaw and Kenny going with BOS.  Chuck going with TOR.  That's good news for us!  TOR playing well although they beat soundly an far inferior team sans Cryrie and Durant.  We paced ourselves with PHI.  One blowout game.  Let's hope TOR expended too much energy vs. BKN and we can put the defending champs to bed.  Probably going the distance.  

Sad but true fact:  After both teams swept their respective opponents, one of them will lose 4 games in the next two-three weeks.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 pm

Wish we had GH, as good as we were vs Philly, that was a wounded team, I actually thought we had a lot of sloppy play and turned it on enough when we knew we had to. We kind of played down to their level for stretches, we have to be sharper and better vs Raptors, they have a deep team and you never know who will step up. GH is a great weapon as he’s another all star level talent that can create so many opportunities for 2 J’s. With him we constantly put pressure on the defense with more better movement. Wish we could see this team fully healthy as Kemba is rounding into shape at the perfect time and fully healthy we are a load both ends. 2 J’s will have to be at top of their game next series, will be compelling action to see defensively Brown and Tatum taking turns on Siakim.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 pm

This series should have even been more of a win than it was. There were times when I could have pulled my hair out at the lack of defense and the one and done shots we took. I really feel, when on and healthy, we are an unbeatable team. Looking at the world thru green colored glasses? You bet, but I can only hope that Gordon puts in extensive time in rehabbing that ankle and makes a superman return to the team. I know we have to wait for Mother Nature to call, but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
This was a good win for this team, they took the heart away from the Sixers and then went on that `19-2 run. Great, then we got cocky. This should have been a 15 point win, but as I have said before, a win is a win is a win.

Toronto is waiting guys, so turn it up a few notches!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm

The end of the game had a weird old timey runout the clock vibe
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down