Outside
sinus007
bobheckler
Sam
gyso
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does the NBA need to be fixed? And how to do it - Page 2 Empty Re: Does the NBA need to be fixed? And how to do it

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:43 am

Outside wrote:Paul the octopus was 8 for 8 in the World Cup. The World Cup was fixed, too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_octopus

Paul the Octopus is now residing in a suite at Cesar's in Vegas.

I was very happy to see Spain win, so I love Paul the octopus.

Nice to see you back on the board Outside. Welcome back.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Does the NBA need to be fixed? And how to do it - Page 2 Empty Re: Does the NBA need to be fixed? And how to do it

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:45 am

worcester wrote:BSH, I totally saw these playoffs the same way. And I find octopus too chewy for my taste. Calamari is much better.

Great minds think alike, my friend.

Seeing those two games within a week or so of each other kind of cemented it for me.

nice new pic for the avatar I see. Just changed it if I'm not mistaken. Did you write or call her ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Does the NBA need to be fixed? And how to do it - Page 2 Empty NBA Going In A Dangerous Direction!

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 am

With what James and his gang pulled, and now New Orleans appears it will be UP-Paulled, assuming other super stars orgnize their posses too, the league is heading towards oblivion. In about 10 or so years there will be about 4, maybe 5 power teams, the rest will be also rans and have-nots. Cities like New Orleans, Minneapolis, Sacramento, Utah, Golden State, maybe even such tradition rich cities as Philadelphia and Detroit will go under. And this madness is all done for the all mighty ring, not as one would think, the all mighty dollar. James, Wade, Bosh , Paul, 'Melo, Amar'e will surely kill the golden goose. Successive generations may not have any pro basketball to observe, or if they do, it won't resemble anything from the heyday of the NBA. Stern won't care. He'll be pushing up daisies, or more probabaly weeds. Pat Riley's part in the league's demise doesn't go unnoticed. He had to be orchestrating this in the background feeding Wade instructions. Cleveland and Toronto should get theri legal eagles cracking to raise a stink, if it would do some good!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

And the King led them..........................

And once the paying fans loose interest.

I think the HMS NBA has hit the iceburg and is taking on water. In 5-10 years who knows. People give Stern credit for taking the league to new heights by making a TEAM game an individual STAR league. And promoting I over we. I have no clue what will restore a balance again if players are willing to play for less, then perhaps the ticket prices should also come down too.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:With what James and his gang pulled, and now New Orleans appears it will be UP-Paulled, assuming other super stars orgnize their posses too, the league is heading towards oblivion. In about 10 or so years there will be about 4, maybe 5 power teams, the rest will be also rans and have-nots. Cities like New Orleans, Minneapolis, Sacramento, Utah, Golden State, maybe even such tradition rich cities as Philadelphia and Detroit will go under. And this madness is all done for the all mighty ring, not as one would think, the all mighty dollar. James, Wade, Bosh , Paul, 'Melo, Amar'e will surely kill the golden goose. Successive generations may not have any pro basketball to observe, or if they do, it won't resemble anything from the heyday of the NBA. Stern won't care. He'll be pushing up daisies, or more probabaly weeds. Pat Riley's part in the league's demise doesn't go unnoticed. He had to be orchestrating this in the background feeding Wade instructions. Cleveland and Toronto should get theri legal eagles cracking to raise a stink, if it would do some good!

MD,

Your post is a logical continuation of this theme, so here it goes.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2