Clock is ticking

5 posters

Go down

Clock is ticking Empty Clock is ticking

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Are we about to lose another guy who will just walk away?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Clock is ticking Empty Re: Clock is ticking

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Are we about to lose another guy who will just walk away?????

Rosalie,

To me, this is a real crossroads moment. If two of our highest profile players (Kyrie and Gordon) walk away that says something to me about our organizational appeal, about Danny's due diligence and about Brad's use of those players.

I've heard a rumor that Robyn Hayward was upset because some Celtic fans were vicious regarding her desire to have her husband leave the bubble for the birth of their latest child. Setting aside the various issues about how much money he makes and all that you have to be at least a little respectful to a player's family. Happy wife, happy life and being demonized doesn't make anybody happy.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 pm

I blame Danny Ainge most of all.

There is no way in hell that you would not want to keep GH. But Danny boy compromised future spending by signing an offensive minded PG. Now Danny is out on the street corner like some two bit pan handler trying to pawn a broken watch (KW).

GH has a ton of basketball left to play and I can only hope that his next destination will be good for him and his family.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 pm

I told you, the comments around here were terrible. When he got hurt and it took so long, people really got nasty. Then the baby business the first time, making fun of "making Daddy happy", then the next injury I cannot tell how disgusting alot of these supposed fans were to him. Like it was their money and he was stealing from them,

People can be cruel, when you are not used to being treated like this, it makes it much easier to walk away There were a couple of comments last night about family issues, which makes me think this is a problem he does not want to deal with any more. I have been disgusted by alot of it. Do you think he wanted his life to turn out this way?

This is the one time I believe he would be better walking away, it will make for a calmer life for him, I am sure he is sorry that he ever came
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I told you, the comments around here were terrible.  When he got hurt and it took so long, people really got nasty.  Then the baby business the first time, making fun of "making Daddy happy", then the next injury   I cannot tell how disgusting alot of these supposed fans were to him. Like it was their money and he was stealing from them,

People can be cruel, when you are not used to being treated like this, it makes it much easier to walk away   There were a couple of comments last night about family issues, which makes me think this is a problem he does not want to deal with any more.  I have been disgusted by alot of it.  Do you think he wanted his life to turn out this way?  

This is the one time I believe he would be better walking away, it will make for a calmer life for him, I am sure he is sorry that he ever came

Rosalie

I would hope that GH has thick skin because fans everywhere in every NBA city are cruel not just in Boston. I think that social media gives rise to voices that would never be heard from in the past. Everything we read or heard came from the media. A lot of noise was filtered out.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Many fans are vicious to players and their families.  Just ask Rosalie, she listens to Boston radio shows, some of which have fans call in and give their opinions.

I read comments by Al Horford's family about Philly fans.  His sister said that they were glad to leave Philly because of it.  Social media has a lot to do with that because of the direct access to their accounts, but some of the comments directed toward her were extremely distasteful and nasty.  She did say that Philly fans were worse than the weird Boston fans, so yay, we won that round!

"I can’t lie, It was tough going from the legendary Weird Celtics Twitter to cry baby Sixers Twitter"

https://tinyurl.com/yxw6ykm7

Too bad that making millions and living in gated communities doesn't lead to thicker skin.  For a couple million bucks, you can call me any flip* thing you want!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Rosalie and dboss,

I wrote my comment before yours and posted it after you posted yours.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 pm

we are living in a privileged generation. I would never think about saying things to players or their wives. but people do. The other big problem, everyone is on social media. Facebook is loaded with players fans, etc. They leave themselves wide open to this type of treatment. Twitter is another one.

It's funny, I always thought it was a privilege when I happened to bump into a player, former player, anyone and get to carry a conversation with them. MLCarr was at the hospital one night when we were there for my mother in law, Bill sat and chatted with him for quite a while. I met
numerous players over the years, and it was fun to talk to them. Times a different. As I said, social media has changed that. Look at the players who cancel their accounts to avoid these comments.

I know they should have thick skin, I still feel, sometimes it is hard.

Blaming Danny is not the answer here, but you and I disagree on that dboss
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:27 pm

gyso wrote:Rosalie and dboss,

I wrote my comment before yours and posted it after you posted yours.  Very Happy

gyso

we are clearly on the same page.

Chris Manix has floated the idea that a Drumond for Hayward trade could happen.

I think not. GH does not want to play in Cleveland.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 pm

what's the old saying.. cant stand the heat, get out of the $34M kitchen

sorry, I don't feel bad for any of the pro sports players who make more money in one year than most people do in a lifetime.

frankly they don't listen to sports radio anyway nd most of them have pros' handling all their social media too.

its part of what they sign up for, can't take it get another job.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:we are living in a privileged generation.  I would never think about saying things to players or their wives. but people do. The other big problem, everyone is on social media. Facebook is loaded with players fans, etc.  They leave themselves wide open to this type of treatment.  Twitter is another one.  

It's funny, I always thought it was a privilege when I happened to bump into a player, former player, anyone and get to carry a conversation with them. MLCarr was at the hospital one night when we were there for my mother in law, Bill sat and chatted with him for quite a while.  I met
numerous players over the years, and it was fun to talk to them.  Times a different. As I said, social media has changed that. Look at the players who cancel their accounts to avoid these comments.  

I know they should have thick skin, I still feel, sometimes it is hard.

Blaming Danny is not the answer here, but you and I disagree on that dboss

Rosalie you mentioned Danny as well "organizational appeal, about Danny's due diligence and about Brad's use of those players"

The due diligence piece is what I am talking about. If Danny held back from signing a PG to a max deal just maybe the $$$ issue on retaining GH would be different. Paying GH big money as a 4th option is just not realistic but as a 3rd option I can see that happening. Now Danny is peddling KW's contract. There are differing impactful events that took place as it relates to GH but in the end Danny has to take the blame when things go haywire.

There is no need for GH to walk away from a $34 million payday because some people are uncouth and mean spirited.

I would put less on fan hostility and more on the business of basketball.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Oh welll. IT IS WHAT IT IS..a very wise lady would say this to me, and she would be right!

I AM STILL AND ALWAYS WILL BE...A CELTIC!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down