wideclyde
dboss
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sixers complete AH trade with OKC Empty Sixers complete AH trade with OKC

Post by dboss Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 am

https://www.nba.com/thunder/news/acquisitions-201208

Thunder Acquires Al Horford, the Draft Rights to Théo Maledon and Vasilije Micić, and 2025 First-
OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 8, 2020 –

The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired center Al Horford, the draft rights to guard Théo Maledon (selected 34th overall), the draft rights to guard Vasilije Micić (originally selected 52nd overall by Philadelphia in the 2014 NBA Draft) and a 2025 first-round draft pick from Philadelphia in exchange for guards Terrance Ferguson and Danny Green and center Vincent Poirier, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti.

Horford (6-9, 240) has appeared in 853 career NBA games (843 starts) with Atlanta, Boston and Philadelphia and averaged 13.9 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.18 blocks in 32.6 minutes per game. Last season with Philadelphia, Horford appeared in 67 games (61 starts) and averaged 11.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.0 assists in 30.2 minutes per contest. The five-time All-Star has averaged double-digit scoring in each of his 13 seasons, making him one of seven NBA players to do so in that timeframe.

With 124 postseason games under his belt, Horford’s teams have qualified for the playoffs in each of his 13 NBA seasons dating back to 2008. The Dominican Republic native has represented his home country in international competition dating back to 2008, earning a gold medal (2012 Centrobasket) and two bronze medals (2011 FIBA AmeriCup and 2008 Centrobasket).

Maledon (6-5, 180) spent the 2019-20 season with ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne, in France’s top league, Pro A, appearing in 46 games (23 starts) and averaging 7.3 points, 2.7 assists and 1.9 rebounds in 17.3 minutes per contest, shooting 42.1 percent from the field. In his three years with ASVEL, the French native earned an All-Star Game selection and was given the Rising Star Award for the 2018-19 season as the league’s top young player.

Micić (6-5, 203) has spent 10 professional seasons with KK Mega Bemax of the Basketball League of Serbia and Liga ABA, the German BBL’s Bayern Munich, KK Crvena Zvezda of Liga ABA, Tofas SC of the Turkish BSL, Zalgiris of the Lithuanian LKL and most recently the Turkish BSL’s Anadolu Efes, appearing in 409 career games (229 starts) and averaging 10.3 points, 4.6 assists, 2.4 rebounds and 1.16 steals per game.

In three seasons with Oklahoma City, Ferguson has appeared in 191 career games (124 starts), recording averages of 4.8 points and 1.4 rebounds in 20.7 minutes per contest while shooting 40.6 percent from the field and 33.7 percent from three-point range.

Green has appeared in 688 career games (612 starts), averaging 8.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.01 steals in 25.4 minutes per game, shooting 40.0 percent from three-point range. The North Carolina product was originally acquired from the Lakers on Nov. 18.

Poirier appeared in 22 games during his rookie season with Boston, registering averages of 1.9 points and 2.0 rebounds in 5.9 minutes per contest, shooting 47.2 percent from the floor. The French native was originally acquired from Boston on Nov. 19.

My Notes/  Sixers dump the bad fit and bad contract of AH and get a veteran in Green and 2 prospects and a future pick.  Green should provide them with a low usage catch and shoot target on the corners.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Sixers complete AH trade with OKC Empty Re: Sixers complete AH trade with OKC

Post by wideclyde Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Poirier did not even get a chance to sit on the bench in OKC?

Headed to the bench in Philly if not sent elsewhere first.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:34 pm

wideclyde wrote:Poirier did not even get a chance to sit on the bench in OKC?

Headed to the bench in Philly if not sent elsewhere first.

Clyde,

Philly now has Embiid, Howard, Tony Bradley (6'10", 7'5" wingspan, 248#, 22 years old) and Poirier. Bradley is also in his final contract year, like Poirier, but he makes $3.5M this year vs $2.6M by Poirier. If it boils down to money and opening up a roster spot who do you think is gone? The 22 year old $3.5M player that Philly just traded for from Utah like a week ago, or the 27 year old $2.6M player?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:56 pm

I wonder how Al feels after this trade.  Such a kick in the gut, after walking away from Boston

I know, you will all say $$$$ softens the fall, but he is a proud guy. I really feel sorry for him, he was never a problem when he was here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:04 pm

dboss wrote:https://www.nba.com/thunder/news/acquisitions-201208

Thunder Acquires Al Horford, the Draft Rights to Théo Maledon and Vasilije Micić, and 2025 First-
OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 8, 2020 –

The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired center Al Horford, the draft rights to guard Théo Maledon (selected 34th overall), the draft rights to guard Vasilije Micić (originally selected 52nd overall by Philadelphia in the 2014 NBA Draft) and a 2025 first-round draft pick from Philadelphia in exchange for guards Terrance Ferguson and Danny Green and center Vincent Poirier, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti.

Horford (6-9, 240) has appeared in 853 career NBA games (843 starts) with Atlanta, Boston and Philadelphia and averaged 13.9 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.18 blocks in 32.6 minutes per game. Last season with Philadelphia, Horford appeared in 67 games (61 starts) and averaged 11.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.0 assists in 30.2 minutes per contest. The five-time All-Star has averaged double-digit scoring in each of his 13 seasons, making him one of seven NBA players to do so in that timeframe.

With 124 postseason games under his belt, Horford’s teams have qualified for the playoffs in each of his 13 NBA seasons dating back to 2008. The Dominican Republic native has represented his home country in international competition dating back to 2008, earning a gold medal (2012 Centrobasket) and two bronze medals (2011 FIBA AmeriCup and 2008 Centrobasket).

Maledon (6-5, 180) spent the 2019-20 season with ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne, in France’s top league, Pro A, appearing in 46 games (23 starts) and averaging 7.3 points, 2.7 assists and 1.9 rebounds in 17.3 minutes per contest, shooting 42.1 percent from the field. In his three years with ASVEL, the French native earned an All-Star Game selection and was given the Rising Star Award for the 2018-19 season as the league’s top young player.

Micić (6-5, 203) has spent 10 professional seasons with KK Mega Bemax of the Basketball League of Serbia and Liga ABA, the German BBL’s Bayern Munich, KK Crvena Zvezda of Liga ABA, Tofas SC of the Turkish BSL, Zalgiris of the Lithuanian LKL and most recently the Turkish BSL’s Anadolu Efes, appearing in 409 career games (229 starts) and averaging 10.3 points, 4.6 assists, 2.4 rebounds and 1.16 steals per game.

In three seasons with Oklahoma City, Ferguson has appeared in 191 career games (124 starts), recording averages of 4.8 points and 1.4 rebounds in 20.7 minutes per contest while shooting 40.6 percent from the field and 33.7 percent from three-point range.

Green has appeared in 688 career games (612 starts), averaging 8.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.01 steals in 25.4 minutes per game, shooting 40.0 percent from three-point range. The North Carolina product was originally acquired from the Lakers on Nov. 18.

Poirier appeared in 22 games during his rookie season with Boston, registering averages of 1.9 points and 2.0 rebounds in 5.9 minutes per contest, shooting 47.2 percent from the floor. The French native was originally acquired from Boston on Nov. 19.

My Notes/  Sixers dump the bad fit and bad contract of AH and get a veteran in Green and 2 prospects and a future pick.  Green should provide them with a low usage catch and shoot target on the corners.

OKC is the team that gets the two prospects and the 2025 1st round pick.

Last edited by tjmakz on Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:34 pm

I thought Horford had been traded away from Philly before this.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:41 pm

worcester wrote:I thought Horford had been traded away from Philly before this.

The trade for Horford to OKC took a while for some reason.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:09 pm

Ferguson can't shoot, Green can - but for some reason he doesn't get many shot opportunities.
Philly is a case of too many cooks stirring the pot, although their front line is formidable. Glad we got TT.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:09 pm

TJ

OKC is the team that gets the two prospects and the 2025 1st round pick.

Well I got that screwed up but it does appear to be a well orchestrated salary dump.

Roslaie you should not feel sorry for AH.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Remember, AH has way North or $100M in the bank, and his wife was Miss Universe.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:16 pm

worcester wrote:Ferguson can't shoot, Green can - but for some reason he doesn't get many shot opportunities.
Philly is  a case of too many cooks stirring the pot, although their front line is formidable. Glad we got TT.

Getting Seth Curry and Danny Green should help some of Philly's shooting problems.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 pm

Seth especially.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Eddie Johnson on Sirius XM thinks Danny may trade Jaylen and Kemba for James Harden. May, not will.
Justin Termine does not see it.

We may be better with Harden, but I would hate to lose Jaylen.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:39 pm

worcester wrote:Eddie Johnson on Sirius XM thinks Danny may trade Jaylen and Kemba for James Harden. May, not will.

I would not even trade Kemba with bad knee for Harden at this point. I mean he is better than Kemba in every single way you could possibley think of... except for team chemistry. Just like the IT for Kyrie trade. Burn me once...

Then again I am not Danny Ainge.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:28 pm

worcester wrote:Remember, AH has way North or $100M in the bank, and his wife was Miss Universe.

Hmmm.. Miss Universe too! No crying in the soup over this one.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Vankisa wrote:
worcester wrote:Eddie Johnson on Sirius XM thinks Danny may trade Jaylen and Kemba for James Harden. May, not will.

I would not even trade Kemba with bad knee for Harden at this point. I mean he is better than Kemba in every single way you could possibley think of... except for team chemistry. Just like the IT for Kyrie trade. Burn me once...

James Harden is the Best/Worse player that I dislike. Harden is a one-way player by the way. Every knucklehead has a trade for us. Danny has been down that road before.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Good point dboss. Harden is a great offensive player who could nevertheless destroy the team's offensive chemistry. On defense he makes four other players each work 25% harder. I would definitely not include Jaylen in a trade for Harden, but given Kemba's knee problem and the closeness of their aalaries, I might consider it, but only after taking out a massive life insurance policy, because all the other Celtics would kill me if they were forced to play with James Harden.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:27 pm

worcester wrote:Good point dboss. Harden is a great offensive player who could nevertheless destroy the team's offensive chemistry. On defense he makes four other players each work 25% harder. I would definitely not include Jaylen in a trade for Harden, but given Kemba's knee problem and the closeness of their aalaries, I might consider it, but only after taking out a massive life insurance policy, because all the other Celtics would kill me if they were forced to play with James Harden.

And with our luck he probably gets hurt in which case you would need two massive insurance policies.

I think Jayson and Jaylen are ready to take the next step where they do not need a guy to carry the offense for them. It would dwarf their continued development. I just could not stand watching a guy pound the ball possession after possession because he can.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:55 pm

I would watch reruns of The Price Is Right instead of Celtics' games if Harden were on our team.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Both Johnson and Termine are the 2 biggest jerks on radio but this time they may be right. I hope the hell not

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:05 pm

dboss wrote:
worcester wrote:Remember, AH has way North or $100M in the bank, and his wife was Miss Universe.

Hmmm..  Miss Universe too!   No crying in the soup over this one.

Meh. He’s probably tired of looking at her by now

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:08 pm

The Knicks deserve the James Harden curse.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:09 pm

dboss wrote:
Vankisa wrote:

James Harden is the Best/Worse player that I dislike.  Harden is a one-way player by the way.  Every knucklehead has a trade for us.    Danny has been down that road before.  
I’d do it for Kemba but not Jaylen too. Danny probably would screw it up anyway by asking for Gordon, Harden and 10 first rounders.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Ktron - meh?

https://bottlegate.com/2014/12/17/heres-19-pics-of-amelia-vega-al-horfords-wife/
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:11 pm

dboss wrote:
worcester wrote:Good point dboss. Harden is a great offensive player who could nevertheless destroy the team's offensive chemistry. On defense he makes four other players each work 25% harder. I would definitely not include Jaylen in a trade for Harden, but given Kemba's knee problem and the closeness of their aalaries, I might consider it, but only after taking out a massive life insurance policy, because all the other Celtics would kill me if they were forced to play with James Harden.

And with our luck he probably gets hurt in which case you would need two massive insurance policies.

I think Jayson and Jaylen are ready to take the next step where they do not need a guy to carry the offense for them.  It would dwarf their continued development.  I just could not stand watching a guy pound the ball possession after possession because he can.
Danny will only trade for him if he is certain that Harden is hurt before he makes the trade.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next