Vankisa
bobheckler
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ongoing Injury Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing Injury Updates

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm

worcester wrote:Losing does this to me.

Cynism was popular in the 3rd century B.C. in Greece. A philosophy headed up by Antisthenes. Yes, I am that old.

Dear Frosty,

We're still 11-9, and were down our top three of our 5 point guards last night against a team with a pair of very talented pocket rockets on the 2nd night of a b2b on the other coast.  3 of our top 3 in my opinion, 3 of our top 4 for those poor deluded souls who still hold out hope Jeff Teague will remember how to play basketball and actually play some.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Yes, a reason for optimism.

Last edited by worcester on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

This antipathy towards Brad calls for some deep Freudian analysis. Looking way back, one of my first jobs was at McDonald's. I guess I am still holding resentment against my manager for not giving me enough minutes on the milkshake machine.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:12 pm

bobheckler wrote:There is some good news for the Celtics, even as they wobble out West with a depleted point-guard rotation: Rookie Payton Pritchard, who has been a surprisingly useful sixth man off the bench, is close to returning and should be back in the lineup, perhaps as soon as Friday when Boston takes on the Clippers in Los Angeles.

In fact, Pritchard, who has been out since January 24 with a Grade 1 MCL sprain in his right knee, was close to playing on Wednesday against the Kings, according to team president Danny Ainge.

Speaking on the Toucher and Rich show on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston, Ainge gave a Pritchard update:

He’s very close. He was close to playing last night. Payton, he is a tough kid. Our biggest fear with him is coming back too soon. Some guys are trying to push to get back out there and get back and maybe are a little nervous about it but Payton is, his history, high school and college is wanting to play through everything. He has a sore a knee and it is not 100% healed. I am expecting at some point on this trip he will be ready to play.

Bob

Any updates on Langford? Seems to be taking longer to heal than I would have thought. Maybe I'm just anxious to see him get back on the court.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:44 pm

atcross wrote:
bobheckler wrote:There is some good news for the Celtics, even as they wobble out West with a depleted point-guard rotation: Rookie Payton Pritchard, who has been a surprisingly useful sixth man off the bench, is close to returning and should be back in the lineup, perhaps as soon as Friday when Boston takes on the Clippers in Los Angeles.

In fact, Pritchard, who has been out since January 24 with a Grade 1 MCL sprain in his right knee, was close to playing on Wednesday against the Kings, according to team president Danny Ainge.

Speaking on the Toucher and Rich show on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston, Ainge gave a Pritchard update:

He’s very close. He was close to playing last night. Payton, he is a tough kid. Our biggest fear with him is coming back too soon. Some guys are trying to push to get back out there and get back and maybe are a little nervous about it but Payton is, his history, high school and college is wanting to play through everything. He has a sore a knee and it is not 100% healed. I am expecting at some point on this trip he will be ready to play.

Bob

Any updates on Langford? Seems to be taking longer to heal than I would have thought. Maybe I'm just anxious to see him get back on the court.

I don't think Romeo is coming back. I heard they were thinking of donating him to the New England Institute for Injury Research. I think you get a TPE back in return.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 pm

Romeo, oh Romeo! Wherefore art thou, Romeo?

On the stationary bike, hoping a leg doesn't fly off if he pedals too fast.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Daniel Theis injury: Brad Stevens shares positive update on Celtics big man

Darren Hartwell

Sat, February 6, 2021, 7:35 AM

Another Boston Celtics player went down Friday night, but it doesn't sound like he'll be out for long.

Big man Daniel Theis left the Celtics' game against the Los Angeles Clippers in the first half and didn't return due to right knee soreness.

According to head coach Brad Stevens, though, it sounds like Theis' injury is more of a nagging issue than a serious ailment.

"It popped up before the game," Stevens told reporters after Boston's 119-115 win. "He was complaining a little bit about it. He went back and warmed up again. He said he felt fine. I didn’t think he looked good."

Theis didn't attempt a shot in 8:40 of playing time, and Stevens thought his big man looked "a step slow," so he decided to sit Theis for the remainder of the night.

"At halftime, it made sense for him to stop," Stevens said. "I don’t think it’s anything big. He sat a couple of occasions last year for the same thing. But this stretch is insane, so we have to be smart with all of these guys, certainly the high-minutes guys."

Theis is the only Celtic who has played in every game this season and ranks fourth on the team in total minutes, so it wouldn't be surprising if he sits out Sunday's game against the Suns in Phoenix.

Boston's other big man stepped up in Theis' absence Friday: Grant Williams and Tristan Thompson added 11 points each, while Robert Williams tallied 10 points off the bench in the victory.

If Theis does suit up Sunday, he'll have his hands full with 2018 No. 1 overall pick DeAndre Ayton, who's averaging 13.9 points and 12.8 rebounds per game. Celtics-Suns tips off at 2 p.m. ET, with "Celtics Pregame Live" beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Boston.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown will miss his second straight game with knee soreness on Sunday per Celtics. Daniel Theis not on injury report.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:24 am

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown will miss his second straight game with knee soreness on Sunday per Celtics. Daniel Theis not on injury report.

Bob

This situation is a good reminder to us fans that we often have no idea of the facts when we give our 'expert analysis.'

In the last game Brown played, there were plenty of complaints Stevens sat Brown too long late in the game. Everywhere from TV analysts to message boards, same criticism.

We find out the next day Brown was already hurting. I guess Brad wasn't so much a terrible late-game manager, but more a coach preserving a young star's health.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:32 am

Touche' NY Celt. Tiring of the crapping on Brad train. There is alot more to managing 15 guys than what we see or know. There are reasons for almost everything, even if the fan does not see or know it. I refuse to believe that this guy is not a coach who wants to win. With all the injurie to this team, he has had to juggle lineups constantly. Searching for the right combinations is hard on a team with so many young guys.

Hopefully, at some point soon, he will look down the bench, pick a couple of players who he can rely on to spot our star young guys. Edwards showed he has the talent, now let's see it go forward for more than a one game showing. The talent is there, let's see what happens. I will admit that I am just as guilty of getting down on the bench, what Brad is searching for consistency, let's hope he finds it
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:47 am

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago

Bob

This situation is a good reminder to us fans that we often have no idea of the facts when we give our 'expert analysis.'

In the last game Brown played, there were plenty of complaints Stevens sat Brown too long late in the game. Everywhere from TV analysts to message boards, same criticism.

We find out the next day Brown was already hurting. I guess Brad wasn't so much a terrible late-game manager, but more a coach preserving a young star's health.

NYCelt,

I agree. Theis sat out the 2nd half of the game vs the Clippers. I assumed it was just Edwards having a great game, and that was some of it I guess, but we learned the next day that Theis had been complaining about aches and pains before the game, so Brad held him out.

What we don't know fills libraries.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
3 minutes ago
Per Stevens: Romeo Langford won't return before the March all-star break. Currently out on the floor working on his floater and short jumpers.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Must be made of paper maché...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:54 pm

I wonder what exactly has him out so long. This must have been a reconstruction of his hand!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Is Rob Williams injured tonight?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:33 am

worcester wrote:Is Rob Williams injured tonight?

someone said he has a hip issue again
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 18 minutes ago
Marcus Smart says he's been able to participate in "light basketball activities" and is running at about 30-40 percent.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2