+3
bobheckler
gyso
dbrown4
7 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Pistons Empty Pre-Game Pistons

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 am

I have not completed watching last night's game but saw the final score that indicated we had more points than TOR when the buzzer sounded...Hallelujah!!

And looking at the box score PP woke up as well as Semi and Kemba!! Nice work guys!!

OK, I'll continue that in the proper thread. Now we have what is marked tonight's contest as a trap game because we finally just won a game and it's the second game of a back-to-back and it's against the absolute worst team in the league. I'm pretty sure that is the definition of a trap game. And since we do so well in those games I'm going to go with my own spread of DET -2.5. Any takers? Be careful. I'm goading you!

Kemba will be more than likely out tonight and anyone else who wakes up this morning with the slightest ache or pain. This current version of the NBA is not the 80's version I'd wish they'd return to.

RWill may be available tonight? Anyone? Bueller?

OK. Another win would really be helpful. It would certainly help my morale towards the team. But again, until MS returns and assuming nothing else changes or there isn't another injury or injuries or player schedule management we are just shadow boxing or playing with a blindfold on and hoping for the best.

With PHI loss last night to POR, 118-114, we are only 3 games back in the loss column off of first. Unfortunately...nah, I can't say it. Let's just say a win tonight would be really helpful for us in so many ways!

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Pistons Empty Re: Pre-Game Pistons

Post by gyso Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 am

Detroit visits Boston, looks to stop road skid

https://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=401267572

Detroit Pistons (6-19, 15th in the Eastern Conference) vs. Boston Celtics (13-11, fourth in the Eastern Conference)

Boston; Friday, 8 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: Detroit visits Boston looking to end its seven-game road slide.

The Celtics are 10-6 in conference play. Boston ranks seventh in the NBA with 11.1 offensive rebounds per game led by Tristan Thompson averaging 2.9 offensive boards.

The Pistons have gone 4-11 against Eastern Conference opponents. Detroit has a 5-13 record against opponents over .500.

The teams play for the third time this season. The Celtics won the last meeting 122-120 on Jan. 3. Jaylen Brown scored 31 points to help lead Boston to the win.

TOP PERFORMERS: Jayson Tatum is scoring 26.3 points per game and averaging 6.8 rebounds for the Celtics. Brown is averaging 19.5 points and 3.9 rebounds while shooting 38.3% over the last 10 games for Boston.

Jerami Grant is second on the Pistons with 5.5 rebounds and averages 23.7 points. Josh Jackson is averaging 13.9 points and 5.2 rebounds while shooting 42.5% over the last 10 games for Detroit.

LAST 10 GAMES: Celtics: 5-5, averaging 112.1 points, 43.5 rebounds, 22.5 assists, 7.9 steals and 4.2 blocks per game while shooting 46.3% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 107.8 points on 47.6% shooting.

Pistons: 3-7, averaging 107.7 points, 41.2 rebounds, 23.8 assists, 7.6 steals and 5.1 blocks per game while shooting 45.0% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 113.3 points on 48.9% shooting.

INJURIES: Celtics: Romeo Langford: out (right wrist), Robert Williams III: out (left hip), Marcus Smart: out (calf).

Pistons: Frank Jackson: out (illness), Killian Hayes: out (hip), Mason Plumlee: out (undisclosed), Jahlil Okafor: out (knee).

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 am

Coming off hot-shooting night, Celtics host Pistons

https://sports.yahoo.com/coming-off-hot-shooting-night-080912925.html

Fri, February 12, 2021, 3:09 AM

Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown rank among the top 15 in scoring in the NBA. The Boston Celtics' duo showed on Thursday they can also be a lethal combination as playmakers.

They combined for 19 assists in a 120-106 win over Toronto.

The Detroit Pistons will have the dilemma of deciding how to guard them when they visit Boston on Friday.

With Tatum and Brown finding their teammates, the Celtics made 20 of 39 3-point shots. Semi Ojeleye scored a career-high 24 points and reserve Payton Pritchard tossed in 20 as both drained six 3-pointers. Kemba Walker had 21 points, including five long balls, after scoring a combined 21 points in the previous two games.

"Those guys are so talented and there's so much attention on those guys. They just made the right plays tonight," Walker said. "They're very capable of that. They're special guys and they really wanted to get guys involved, especially me. They really wanted to get me more involved tonight (because) I've been struggling, obviously."

Coach Brad Stevens liked the way his team responded after losing five of its previous seven games.

"Our whole team knew that Toronto does as good of a job as anybody in the league in loading up on great players and showing them a lot of attention, so you have to be a willing, quick decision-maker and those guys know that," Stevens said. "Both of those guys are in the group of players that draw a lot of attention, so it's something they're going to have to continue to do for us to be the best that we can be."

The Pistons are also playing the second game of a back-to-back. They were defeated at home by Indiana, 111-95, on Thursday.

Detroit was coming off a 122-111 victory over Brooklyn in which it shot a season-high 56 percent. The Pacers limited the Pistons to 44.7 shooting overall and 17.9 percent from beyond the arc.

Detroit coach Dwane Casey felt his team didn't play with enough toughness.

"We got bumped and hit and didn't respond in the proper way against a physical team like Indiana," he said. "We talked about it before the game, it's going to be a different approach than we had against Brooklyn. Brooklyn is more of a finesse team. This team is a beat-you-up, bang you and wear you down (team) and they did in the second half."

The Pistons are down to one natural center, rookie Isaiah Stewart, who scored a career-high 17 points. Starting center Mason Plumlee sat out with right elbow bursitis and is unlikely to play on Friday.

Without Plumlee patrolling the middle, Pacers big man Domantas Sabonis racked up 26 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.

"You miss the rolling, you miss the screening, you miss his length and size against Sabonis," Casey said. "I thought Isaiah scrapped as much as he could but he's a young kid."

Jeremi Grant will look to bounce back from one of his worst offensive outings of the season. After scoring 32 points in consecutive games, he was held to nine points on 4-for-17 shooting Thursday.

Boston and Detroit split their first two meetings in early January. The Pistons won the first one, 96-93, behind Grant's 24 points. The Celtics squeaked by in the rematch, 122-120, with Brown scoring 31 points.

--Field Level Media

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 am

Jaylen is battling tendonitis in his knee. I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Kemba got the night off because it's a SEGABABA. Fortunately, it's against the 6-19 Pistons.

More good news, Detroit's on a SEGABABA too, and they had to travel to get to Boston to boot. So everybody will have Linguine Legs.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am

I hope they give Jaylen the night off, time for RWill, Nesmith and CE to get some extended PT.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Our guy Isaiah Stewart is off to a nice start with Detroit. Starting center last night with 17 points and 7 boards in a losing effort. He's been splitting a lot of minutes with Griffin and Plumlee.

We'll be rooting for Isaiah to have a great game and the rest of the Pistons to suck.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 pm

I would not view this gam a s a trap game because we have already play the Pistons on the road twice, losing the first game 96-93 but coming back to win the second meeting 122-120.  The Celtics should have won both of those games.  I was impressed with their rookies Bey and Stewart.  Who does Stewart remind me of????  A younger more athletic version of TT.  I think Danny should have drafted him at #26 and Peyton would likely have been on the board at #30.  

The big story for the Pistons was the Derrick Rose trade to the Knicks for underwhelming Dennis Smith.

It looks like kemba will not suit up and neither will RWIII.  Jaylen has tendonitis in the knee but I did not see any report of him not playing.  However, it may not be a bad idea to rest him on this second game of B2B.  He goes hard both ways so I would not push it.  Too bad Romeo is still on the mend and Brad has below average confidence in Nesmith.  I would probably still play Nesmith.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:08 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jaylen is battling tendonitis in his knee.  I wouldn't be surprised if both he and Kemba got the night off because it's a SEGABABA.  Fortunately, it's against the 6-19 Pistons.

More good news, Detroit's on a SEGABABA too, and they had to travel to get to Boston to boot.  So everybody will have Linguine Legs.

Bob

Remember that they beat us once already? And we barely got away with our skin in the second game? I am afraid of this game more than the one vs the Raptors tbh.

I hope the bench continues the play from yesterday and JB does not have to play at all.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down