Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA? GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge

2 posters

Go down

Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA? GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge Empty Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA? GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge

Post by 112288 Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 pm

Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA?
GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge

NESN by Logan Mullen

It’s looking like Ainge probably has gone too far.

NBA insider Ric Bucher raised some eyebrows when he told Colin Cowherd that Ainge “tried like hell” to trade Kemba Walker this offseason. That supposedly agitated a number of general managers around the league since Walker’s knee clearly was not right.

The heist of the Brooklyn Nets in the Kevin Garnett-Paul Pierce trade also might’ve scared some away from doing business with Ainge because he so clearly won that deal.

But now? It’s fair to wonder if teams don’t want to deal with Ainge since he negotiates in bad faith.

More NBA: DeMarcus Cousins Rumors: Lakers’ Interest Level In Vet Revealed
The Celtics gave Walker nearly a month off to begin the season. He’s required load management since, and clearly is not at 100 percent. You can understand from Ainge’s perspective why moving Walker would be appealing. But if you know a player isn’t actually healthy, it’s basically a shrug situation where you just have to hold onto the player until they’re healthy.

It doesn’t help that this isn’t the first time he’s attempted to swindle some other general manager with damaged goods.

Though it didn’t end up working out the best for the Celtics, the Isaiah Thomas-Kyrie Irving trade was a textbook example. There is no way Ainge didn’t know how bad Thomas’ hip was, and he nevertheless flipped him for a pretty substantial return in one of the game’s premier guards.

Of course, some of this falls on the opposing GMs. They can run medical tests and whatnot before a trade goes through, so they have a chance to back out if need be. That still creates a whole fiasco, though, because you are then stuck with a player of yours who knew you just tried to trade him. Good luck dealing with that.

As such, teams might be bypassing Ainge altogether, because it just wouldn’t be worth it to deal with him. That could create a massive problem for the Celtics, who Ainge readily admits currently do not have a group that can compete for a title.

Since Boston isn’t really considered an appealing free agency destination, that could make roster building a real problem going forward.

In such a case, Ainge would have no one to blame but himself.

Back to top Go down

Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA? GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge Empty Re: Has Danny Ainge Permanently Ruined His Reputation Around NBA? GMs around the league reportedly aren't too happy with Ainge

Post by Ktron Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm

This is a pretty stupid piece. First off, If one GM can pedal some bad goods onto another than the the GM receiving the bad goods deserves everything he got coming to him. Ain’t that right Danny? After all, looks like Walker was damaged goods prior to landing in bean town. Maybe?
It’s all BS. The players are given physicals and/or checked out. if you’re still a buyer knowing what you know, shame on ya.
To say that Danny has a rep for doing this is BS as well. Every GM saw IT in the playoffs and saw what he was going through, Danny didn’t and wasn’t trying to fool anyone.
It’s just like the BS thats been going around for years that GM’s are reluctant to deal with Ainge because they’re afraid of getting fleeced. That’s ridiculous. If I’m an owner and my GM came to me and told me that he/she didn’t want to deal with so and so because they might get fleeced, my first question would be, what, is he/she smarter than you? If Your afraid maybe I have the wrong person in place here.
I’m not Danny’s biggest fan but don’t slander the guy with BS click bait pieces like this. This writer needs be canned for peddling bad goods himself.

Ktron

Back to top Go down