RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

As goes Kemba, so go the Celtics Empty As goes Kemba, so go the Celtics

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 pm

A quick post Bucks (Mar 26) comment, without over-analysis.

It’s becoming pretty clear to me it’s not Tatum or Brown, it’s Walker.

When he’s on, so are the Celtics.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

As goes Kemba, so go the Celtics Empty Re: As goes Kemba, so go the Celtics

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:59 am

Without Tatum and Brown, he’s in the same situation he was in at Charlotte.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:40 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Without Tatum and Brown, he’s in the same situation he was in at Charlotte.

Agreed. But I think without him, we don't look nearly as strong.

I'm not saying Tatum and Brown don't matter, I just think they need Kemba to keep the defensive focus spread out. He also does set them up, despite being a shoot first PG.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:15 am

One of the problems here is that, people forget just how good Kemba looked pre knee injury. He was terrific, made the all star team, and then......all hell broke loose. He was struggling the last few games before the all star game and never ever should have played the minutes he did that night. I know these guys are pros, and the excitement of playing with all those stars is enticing, but this is where the team should have stepped in and said NO

Anyway, I totally agree, he came in last night, hit his first three, then started driving on the Bucs and getting whatever he wanted. They obviously were not afraid of him with all the struggles he has had. He set the tone for the night, and Tatum finally showed up in the first
quarter after struggling for ????many games. This combo is so important to the Celtics winning.

I will say one thing, Kemba is the one player (maybe other than Tatum) who will miss Theis the most. I wonder, did anyone watch the Danny Ainge interview before the game. He struggled with trading Theis, and made a remark "who knows, the NBA is funny, maybe....) and then he did not finish the statement. Was he insinuating that maybe at some point they would resign Theis????? The other statement he made was that the players were almost "too confortable"
In other words he needed to shock them a little and this is what happened
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am

Tatum was unconscious and Kemba was really good while Jaylen was a little off. That’s why three high level offensive options is better than two. Also Marcus Smart was a three point machine and RWill, well, certain guys are fun to watch play and he’s one of them (plus he was a shot blocking machine!). This current team has always fed off its defensive energy to create offensive flow and RWill made a huge impact to this.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am

I'm pretty sure this is what Danny had in mind. He just hasn't had the personnel all on the court at the same time this season. Kemba needs to go ahead and start playing B2B's even in a limited capacity. But on nights like tonight, we throw ourselves right back into the "we should beat the crap out of this team but for some reason..." Missing Kemba is the reason.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:47 am

NYCelt wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Without Tatum and Brown, he’s in the same situation he was in at Charlotte.

Agreed. But I think without him, we don't look nearly as strong.

I'm not saying Tatum and Brown don't matter, I just think they need Kemba to keep the defensive focus spread out. He also does set them up, despite being a shoot first PG.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:53 pm

I do hate being the debbie downer regarding Kemb's game last night.  

I did think he was more engaged defensively (3 steals) but he was below his season average offensively  He went 6-16 from the field that 37.5% and he shot 3-10 from deep.  That's only 30%.  He continues to drive into traffic with no where to go.  He had 5 assists and 2 turnovers.

The Celtics need a healthy Kemba Walker  because he can impact the game.  If Kemba was more of a playmaker this team would be much better offensively.  

My overall thoughts about Kemba have not changed.  The Celtics will try to move him when they can.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Kemba chucked and missed three meaningless threes in garbage time when he was the only starter still out there. He had a strong game. The Celtics reportedly already tried to move Kemba. I hope they can as well.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:06 am

I agree with posts and points made by Rosalie and dbrown. If Kemba can properly rehab the knee, he’s back to being the spark that got the team going last year.

I can’t see them trading Kemba. Not unless it brings back another top/All-Star level PG. Smart is better suited on the wing and Pritchard is not a starting PG, at least not yet. I think the rumor mill about them shopping him was unsubstantiated.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:24 am

I have no problem with the Celtics sitting Kemba on SEGABABAs. When we get to the playoffs, there are no BABAs and he can play every game.

The Raptors did that with Kawhi Leonard and kind of had good results.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:46 am

gyso wrote:I have no problem with the Celtics sitting Kemba on SEGABABAs.  When we get to the playoffs, there are no BABAs and he can play every game.

And now every team is load managing their players and rightfully so with this piss poor schedule, way too many games, diminishing the overall product....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:04 am

This Covid virus has really blown a hole in this years schedule. Last night Mike sahoid that the Celtics lead the league in games missed by players. Tatum, Thompson, Langford (who knows what or when he will be back), now Fournier. There were many who did have missed games too.
This has been one tough year. This schedule is something else, I do not care whether they are home or not, these every day or everyother day schedule is tough on everyone. Brad said last night that the Celtics had had the worst schedule of anyone with fewer games at home than anyone
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:19 am

I like Kemba but he’s a high volume player and so is Tatum. Jaylen is more efficient than both on a mor accurate three point shot and with transition points. Fourier if they sign him brings a more efficient third option with 20 ppg, replacing what is now Kemba’s role for less money and likely a better fit. And yes the hope would be trading Kemba opens up $30 million for an all star level big.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

I like Kemba but he’s a high volume player and so is Tatum. Jaylen is more efficient than both on a more accurate three point shot and with efficient transition points. Fourier, if they sign him, brings a more efficient third option with 20 ppg, replacing what is now Kemba’s role for less money and likely a better fit. And yes the hope would be trading Kemba opens up $30 million for an all star level big.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
gyso wrote:I have no problem with the Celtics sitting Kemba on SEGABABAs.  When we get to the playoffs, there are no BABAs and he can play every game.

And now every team is load managing their players and rightfully so with this piss poor schedule, way too many games, diminishing the overall product....

Ain't that the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:45 am

BingBang! wrote:I like Kemba but he’s a high volume player and so is Tatum. Jaylen is more efficient than both on a more accurate three point shot and with efficient transition points. Fourier, if they sign him, brings a more efficient third option with 20 ppg, replacing what is now Kemba’s role for less money and likely a better fit. And yes the hope would be trading Kemba opens up $30 million for an all star level big.

Not my hope.  Also, highly unlikely.  Please put a name to this player, this all-star level big whose team would simply trade away for Kemba, even if a TPE was involved.  

Also, Fournier's recent numbers (20 ppg) came when he didn't have much of a supporting cast, at least not what he has now.  He is not going to get that kind of numbers with this team, IMO.  He's a very good 4th option, at least with this team.  Hopefully, he accepts winning with that role rather than losing with a bigger role.

What Fournier gives us is a low cost replacement for Gordon Hayward skillset.  Not everything, but a good enough part of it.  Again, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:17 pm

Orlando just traded one (two if you like Gordon). Kevin Love (former All Star like Kemba), Karl-Anthony Towns (not likely available anymore but maybe available in a blow up), Horford, Capella; just some ideas. Kemba is better than a third option but that’s his role on the Celtics so think there might be a market for him.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:42 pm

With respect to Kemba there are two main considerations at work.

One is his long term physical ability to perform at a high level and the other is the $73 million money that is owed to him after this year.

I am more convinced than not that Danny did try to move him but was not able to trade him because of his contract and the his physical condition.   I really cannot think of one good reason why Danny would not want to trade him at the beginning of the season.  I would expect them to try again.  

Danny Ainge will trade anybody under the right circumstance as he sees it.

The Celtics need him to play well if they want to secure a good seed and go deep in the playoffs.  But he is just one of several barometers on the team and their success or failure.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Well, Kemba is our guy for this season.The better he plays the better we do...and that also improves his trade value.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:31 pm

worcester wrote:Well, Kemba is our guy for this season.The better he plays the better  we do...and that also improves his trade value.

+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:14 pm

NYCelt wrote:A quick post Bucks (Mar 26) comment, without over-analysis.

Then we are really in trouble

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Ktron wrote:

ktron,

Do you say that due to his physical condition, or style of play?

Just wondering.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Ktron wrote:

ktron,

Do you say that due to his physical condition, or style of play?

Just wondering.

Regards

I think it’s a little bit of both. He knee is not what it was and I don’t think he is a true point guard and with the team we have and The 2 J’s I think we need a really good ball distributer. I was hoping that Lonzo Ball was going to be available.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm

Lonzo has gobs of talent, but he lacks leadership skills. He hasn't sorted out yet whether Ingram or Xion should get the ball at the end of games.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next