dbrown4
8 posters

Go down

POST GAME THUNDER - HOME Empty POST GAME THUNDER - HOME

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:59 pm

Celtics Wrap: Boston Falls To OKC, Extends Losing Streak To Three Games
The Celtics did not get the start they wanted in this one

NESN by Abigail Adams

This is a game the Celtics should have easily won, but that simply was not the case.

Boston fell 119-115 to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday at TD Garden without Jayson Tatum or Kemba Walker available to play.

The Thunder snapped a 14-game losing streak with the win while Boston saw its own losing streak extend to three games.

Jaylen Brown (39 points, 11 rebounds, three steals) and Payton Pritchard (28 points, three rebounds, four assists) led the charge. Marcus Smart (14 points, six rebounds, five steals), Luke Kornet (10 points, seven rebounds, four assists) and Evan Fournier (10 points, seven rebounds, five steals) turned on the jets late.

The Celtics fell to 32-30 while the Thunder improved to 21-41.

Here’s how it all went down:

STARTING FIVE
PG: Marcus Smart
SG: Evan Fournier
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Semi Ojeleye
C: Tristan Thompson

NOT THE WORST, BUT NOT THE BEST

Head coach Brad Stevens had hoped for a strong start, but that’s not what he got.

OKC led for much of the first quarter, and even opened up a 10-point lead early on. But the Thunder’s seven turnovers helped Boston managed to make it a one-point game late in the frame.

Brown was a bright spot for the Celtics, though, with 11 of their 23 points on 4-of-7 shooting (57.1%). He appeared to hurt his hand early, but it didn’t seem to bother him much afterward.

Pritchard played a key role off the bench, collecting nine points on 3-of-4 shooting (75%).

The remaining Celtics starters went just 1-for-10 in the first 12 minutes.

The Thunder took a 29-24 lead into the second on 45% shooting as a team. The Celtics, meanwhile, shot at 37.5%.

NO REAL REBOUND HERE

Try as they might, the Celtics simply could not find a rhthym as a team.

OKC opened up another double-figure lead as Boston’s starters continued to struggle offensively, outside of Brown, of course. The remaining four starters put up eight first-half points on four-of-20 shooting and collected just seven rebounds and three assists.

Brown and Pritchard remained consistent for Boston on a combined 12-of-20 shooting (60%) and tallied 35 points between them. Brown posted an additional six rebounds and two assists, while Pritchard had one of each.

Despite some offensive slippage midway through the quarter, the Thunder managed to keep the Celtics at bay. OKC entered halftime up 55-49.

NOW ITS CLOSE
It took some time, but Boston eventually clawed its way back into this one.

The Celtics took their first lead of the game since the first quarter late in the third on a Romero Langford floater to make it 73-71. The Thunder pushed back quickly, though, and the two teams entered the fourth knotted at 78-all.

Brown and Pritchard continued to light up the scoreboard with their combined 51 points.

OKC posted a whopping 22 turnovers in the first three quarters to Boston’s 12. Yet somehow, the Celtics could not take control.

DOWN TO THE WIRE
The two teams traded leads early in the fourth, but the Thunder eventually held on.

Smart offered a bit more of a boost down the stretch. He finished the game with nine points, five rebounds and five steals. He did go 0-for-9 from beyond the arc, though.

Kornet put in some solid minutes late, as well.

The rest of the Celtics did not follow Smart’s lead. This allowed The Thunder to open up a six-point lead, which Boston struggled to overcome, with 6:16 to play behind some solid stuff from Darius Bazley.

Brown hurt his hand once again with 21.7 on the clock, but he did not leave the game.

Boston tightened OKC’s lead several times in the final minutes of Tuesday’s game, but simply could not erase its lead. The Thunder went on to win 119-115 despite committing 26 turnovers in 80 minutes.

PLAY OF THE GAME
We love a good JB jam.

UP NEXT
The Celtics will take on the Hornets for the second time in four days Wednesday when Charlotte visits TD Garden. Tip-off is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME THUNDER - HOME Empty Re: POST GAME THUNDER - HOME

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:02 am

Hard to win with half your team missing. When a team on a 14-game losing streak snaps theirs at your expense, that's about as clear a sign as the owners are going to need, regardless of who's on the floor.

Nice games by Brown and Pritchard, though. Wow!! 28 points by P-Squared. We do have a bench!!

I'm guessing the keepers are JT, JB, MS, PP and maybe Kemba and RWIII. All the rest will be on the chopping block this summer. Unless something crazy comes available thenthat would put either of the J's on the block. And depending upon how open the owners' eyes are, the two guys in the middle.

We're at the putting lipstick on a pig stage of the season for this team. Future has to be brighter. Can't get much worse.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 am

Smart has too many games like this, I would have traded Smart for Joe Harris in a heartbeat, if Nets would do the deal. His offense sucks too often for the amount of volume of shots he puts up FACT.

Is it me or are 4’s that we never heard of constantly having career nights against Semi and GWill, while they come up with 2 points or 4 points each and the no name goes off for 14 or 16 on them? GWill with zero rebounds? Semi is among the worst finishers in the game.

Great effort by Jaylen and PP, too many players out and TT and Smart total no shows....we have 2 star players on the roster, some good/decent pieces, but too much junk and the junk really gets exposed when the stars aren’t there for them to play off of.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am

This game gets immediately archived into the Book Of Lost Games and will collect dust sitting somewhere on a bookshelf or stored away in a box in the attic.

This wretched season has come down to a mere 10 games.  Maybe the only thing that could make me smile would be an old tune by CTA with a heavy dose of horns.  

If Boston were to run the table would that help ease the pain?

At this juncture there is no need to make up unlikely outcomes but there is no need to tear what's left of your hair out either.

There are 2 more B2B outings so that means only 2 more games without Kemba.  Evan Fournier who looks decidedly slow, should get back to being a more reliable scorer.  Robert Williams is being held back as a precaution but rumor has it that he may return any day now.  The j's should be all set to play at an allstar level.  The recent generous offering of our misfit bench looks primed and ready to bring us a scene or two of some classic comic relief.  The not so funny guy, our bright young star PP, earning more minutes because he plays at both ends.

I have seen worse.  A lot worse.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:50 am

dboss wrote:This game gets immediately archived into the Book Of Lost Games and will collect dust sitting somewhere on a bookshelf or stored away in a box in the attic.

This wretched season has come down to a mere 10 games.  Maybe the only thing that could make me smile would be an old tune by CTA with a heavy dose of horns.  

At this juncture there is no need to make up unlikely outcomes but there is no need to tear what's left of your hair out either.

There are 2 more B2B outings so that means only 2 more games without Kemba.  Evan Fournier who looks decidedly slow, should get back to being a more reliable scorer.  Robert Williams is being held back as a precaution but rumor has it that he may return any day now.  The j's should be all set to play at an allstar level.  The recent generous offering of our misfit bench looks primed and ready to bring us a scene or two of some classic comic relief.  The not so funny guy, our bright young star PP, earning more minutes because he plays at both ends.

You’ve seen worse, name it?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:08 am

Here is the problem all Celtic fans are facing when we all cry for a change in the direction of the team.

Management (Danny/Wyc) will use the same old excuse.........Too many of our key players are out, so the team has not played as a full unit together....we we finally do things will get better.

Some people will buy into that proposition, I don't.

Several problems with the current roster and coaching style of the coach.

1) You have a starting point guard that is not an effective distributor of the ball. Just compare what a good ball distributor can do for a team........like Rondo did for us. He forced players to move without the ball and become open. I call our offense a lazy offense where the majority of the time guys just stand around to watch an iso play develop.......often the iso play shot is contested or best a shot that is not well thought out nor a high percentage shot. By having a moving rotational offense, it will put pressure on the defense to cover players and it will tire your opponent out late in the game .

2) We have no legit center that can be counted on to play 70+ games. And any well run offense that is effective, the offense is run (ball/play) through your center. Pass it in, shoot or kick it out to an open wing or pass to an open man cutting to the rim. This makes the defense work doubly hard to cover players and eventually it will tire you opponent.

Williams is our closest legit center, but unless he gets his leg fixed through surgery, can not be counted on on any long term bases. Thompson plays below the rim and cannot jump and is not your answer. He is also an undersized center at 6'9".

3) The team simply does not, from beginning tip to final buzzer wall to wall DEFENSE. I have never seen Stevens put pressure on the ball from a beginning of a possession. Why? More pressure means more time used up bringing it to half court which also means less time for your opponent to run their play. It also gets the opponents other players to compensate for the pressure from lining up in the offensive set positions.

4) We do not have a killer instinct! We have no Alpha Mad Dog players that can flat out shut the door on any team in the league. I always believe this attitude starts with the coach and coaching staff. Brad is just too nice of a guy to command the attention of the players to play like demons on the court. Perhaps if he threw a TV set on the ground and just walked out of the room and have the players figure it out on their own, just may do the trick!

5) We have a lot of dead wood that needs to be bundled and sent packing.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 am

dBoss,

I love CTA one of my favorite bands of all time. Saw them at least 30 times. I did play trumpet for a similar band composition while in college doing bar gigs.

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:15 am

You mean have Brad pull a "Lefty" Driesell chair stomping spectacle or a Bobby Knight chair hurling tirade across the court?!! Ahhhhh, the good old days!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:This game gets immediately archived into the Book Of Lost Games and will collect dust sitting somewhere on a bookshelf or stored away in a box in the attic.

January 7, 2007 to February 24, 2007
Celtics go 1-24 including 18 straight losses!
See. whenever you may think you are at rock bottom with this team there will always be that awful stretch of 25 game where the Celtics lost 24 out of 25.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:26 am

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

See.  whenever you may think you are at rock bottom with this team there will always be that awful stretch of 25 game where the Celtics lost 24 out of 25.

Right good one, well for this season last night was as bad as it gets, they were on 2nd game of b2b, they have a roster of majority G League players and players no one ever heard of and they are better than our 2nd stringers. I agree with 112288, this roster needs a lot of deadwood gone....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 am

Dboss - one of my favorite bands of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nm6Bk2668
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:43 am

Danny has work to do, hauling out the deadwood and replenishing the larder..
Brad needs to shift the attitude of this team.
Players need to move as 112288 says and play D.

Winning basketball is not that complicated
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:56 am

112288 wrote:dBoss,

I love CTA one of my favorite bands of all time.  Saw them at least 30 times.  I did play trumpet for a similar band composition while in college doing bar gigs.

Ah..you saw that. Yes a truly great band!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 am

worcester wrote:Dboss - one of my favorite bands of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nm6Bk2668

Worcester,

GREAT SONG. It was a shame that Terry Kath accidentally shot and killed himself. Jimmy Hendricks said that Terry Kath was the best guitar player he ever saw...better then him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:20 am

The best album was CTA at Carnegie Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:01 pm

I think 112288 had a very good overview of this team.  WTF too much dead wood.

Jaylen Brown and Payton Pritchard were a combined 22-42, 52.3%.  Their 42 fgas also represent 43.2% of our total fgas.  The rest of the team were a combined 19-55, 34.5% and took the remaining 57.8% of our fgas.  You cannot shoot that poorly for that large a % of the total and expect to win.  Other than Brown and PP the only other Celtic that shot over 50% was Kornet who was 5-7.  11 Celtics played, only 3 shot 50%+ regardless of how many or few shots they took.  Awful.

Brad values multi-positional defenders, and I guess Danny does too, and that's what we've got.  Just looking at the bench we've got Semi and Grant and Romeo.  All defense-oriented players, but minimal offense.  As pointed out, we have never heard of any of those players having a "career night".  That's because they are effectively offensive non-factors and that's a problem because the NBA is now a scorer's league.  The league wants it that way, the Rules Committee make it that way and the refs blow the games that way.  I've opined before that there seems to be a lot of redundancy with Semi and Grant.  I could see keeping one, but not both (I'd also be just as happy getting rid of both and replacing them with a player who is maybe almost as versatile defensively but more accomplished offensively).  Romeo, to put it nicely, needs to find a shot.  He's a very good defender but he isn't going to make a career out of being a slasher.  He needs to develop a good jump shot.  Nesmith might not be as good a defender as Romeo (although he's coming along and is the rookie) but he's a natural shooter.  Once the game slows down for Nesmith his offense will flow because that's who he is.  Can/will we be able to say the same thing about Romeo?  Is Romeo's defense so much better than Nesmith's that we need both?

Luke Score-net started off slow but picked up.  7 rebounds, 2 offensive and 10 points on 5-7 in 20 minutes is just fine with me.  His offense, though, makes me shake my head.  He's 7'freaking2, but he plays like he's 6'2".  He rushes his shots.  He's the biggest guy on the court and he's releasing the ball from 8' and in like the ball was about to burst into flames in his hand.  Other than that, though, he had 4 assists, only 1 turnover and 3 blocks.  A good outing for Big Bird even though I can't understand his lack of an inside game.

Two of our starters, Smart and Fournier, were a combined 8-31.  Smart was 1-10 from 3 and Fournier, supposedly one of the best shooters we have, was 2-9 from 3.  Smart's unwillingness to recognize he's not having a good shooting night from outside really makes me wonder about his judgement.  These two guys shot us out of the game last night, especially Smart.

On a more positive note Fast-PP really showed he can ball.  He was 8-10 at one point.  He was 4-10 from 3.  It really is remarkable he's just a rookie.  Danny has taken some heat for his drafting.  I'm not sure he deserves it as much as some think, but he has taken some.  NOBODY has a problem with his drafting of Payton Pritchard at #26 when he wasn't even expected to go in the first round at all.  He had 28 points last night.  28 in 33 minutes.  That's an All-Star performance by the rook.  I'm not saying he should be an All-Star based upon one game, I'm saying last night he had a game you would expect from an All-Star.  One of the things I've noticed about him, and I'm sure the rest of you have noticed this too, is that he doesn't make many unforced errors.  He doesn't make many dumb plays.  He doesn't make a lot of assists in a game, only 1.9, but he also only has .8 turnovers/game.  That's a good ratio and amazing for a rook.  To state the obvious, PP was a steal at #26.  If you were to redo the 2021 draft who would you pick ahead of him?  Ball?  Ok.  Hayes?  Uh uh.  Devin Vassel?  Not me.  Halliburton?  I wouldn't.  Kira Lewis Jr?  Nope.  Vassel, Halliburton and Lewis were picked #11, #12 and #13.  All lottery picks, and I'd take P-Rabbit ahead of the 3 of them and ahead of Hayes @ #7.

Jaylen played like the All-Star he is.

The Celtics had, and still have, a chance to get to 4th, mostly on the relative ease of the rest of our schedule and the toughness of the Knicks' upcoming opponents.  Charlotte is struggling too.  This loss hurt.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307730
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 pm

3 of 5 starters missing.

An inexperienced bench that needs upgrades.

Two factors that will lead to a loss against almost any other team.

Not much more to it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:10 pm

112288, Bob, and NY Celt - agree with all your comments on the Celts. 100%.

112288, yes, such a shame Terry Kath blew his head off. Then Peter Cetera's head blew up bigger than than band and sabotaged the group's efforts. I knew his replacement, Bill Champlin who was ok with Sons of Champlin but not so great with Chicago. An improper fit. Ironically, he was the one who turned me on to organic food and was my first insight into the alternative health field. I met him backstage at Fillmore East in the fall of 1968 when I was taking a semester off from Amherst to "study" at otherwise all girls Sarah Lawrence College. 600 women, 10 men. A good time. Anyways, Bill and his band needed a place to stay after their concert, and I invited them back to Bronxville. The girls got wind of it the next morning and swarmed the band. Suddenly they had 600 rich groupies begging them to stay for days. They did, put on a private concert in the auditorium, and followed that up with several late late night performances. Walt Frazier's girlfriend Joy was not one of them who opted for a private show.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:3 of 5 starters missing.

An inexperienced bench that needs upgrades.

Two factors that will lead to a loss against almost any other team.

Not much more to it.

All true, but this is one of the worst teams in the L with no starters that could even get rotation minutes on a contending team and they were the ones coming off a b2b....2 starters or key rotation guys didn’t even show up Smart and TT.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:I think 112288 had a very good overview of this team.  WTF too much dead wood.

Jaylen Brown and Payton Pritchard were a combined 22-42, 52.3%.  Their 42 fgas also represent 43.2% of our total fgas.  The rest of the team were a combined 19-55, 34.5% and took the remaining 57.8% of our fgas.  You cannot shoot that poorly for that large a % of the total and expect to win.  Other than Brown and PP the only other Celtic that shot over 50% was Kornet who was 5-7.  11 Celtics played, only 3 shot 50%+ regardless of how many or few shots they took.  Awful.

Brad values multi-positional defenders, and I guess Danny does too, and that's what we've got.  Just looking at the bench we've got Semi and Grant and Romeo.  All defense-oriented players, but minimal offense.  As pointed out, we have never heard of any of those players having a "career night".  That's because they are effectively offensive non-factors and that's a problem because the NBA is now a scorer's league.  The league wants it that way, the Rules Committee make it that way and the refs blow the games that way.  I've opined before that there seems to be a lot of redundancy with Semi and Grant.  I could see keeping one, but not both (I'd also be just as happy getting rid of both and replacing them with a player who is maybe almost as versatile defensively but more accomplished offensively).  Romeo, to put it nicely, needs to find a shot.  He's a very good defender but he isn't going to make a career out of being a slasher.  He needs to develop a good jump shot.  Nesmith might not be as good a defender as Romeo (although he's coming along and is the rookie) but he's a natural shooter.  Once the game slows down for Nesmith his offense will flow because that's who he is.  Can/will we be able to say the same thing about Romeo?  Is Romeo's defense so much better than Nesmith's that we need both?

Luke Score-net started off slow but picked up.  7 rebounds, 2 offensive and 10 points on 5-7 in 20 minutes is just fine with me.  His offense, though, makes me shake my head.  He's 7'freaking2, but he plays like he's 6'2".  He rushes his shots.  He's the biggest guy on the court and he's releasing the ball from 8' and in like the ball was about to burst into flames in his hand.  Other than that, though, he had 4 assists, only 1 turnover and 3 blocks.  A good outing for Big Bird even though I can't understand his lack of an inside game.

Two of our starters, Smart and Fournier, were a combined 8-31.  Smart was 1-10 from 3 and Fournier, supposedly one of the best shooters we have, was 2-9 from 3.  Smart's unwillingness to recognize he's not having a good shooting night from outside really makes me wonder about his judgement.  These two guys shot us out of the game last night, especially Smart.

On a more positive note Fast-PP really showed he can ball.  He was 8-10 at one point.  He was 4-10 from 3.  It really is remarkable he's just a rookie.  Danny has taken some heat for his drafting.  I'm not sure he deserves it as much as some think, but he has taken some.  NOBODY has a problem with his drafting of Payton Pritchard at #26 when he wasn't even expected to go in the first round at all.  He had 28 points last night.  28 in 33 minutes.  That's an All-Star performance by the rook.  I'm not saying he should be an All-Star based upon one game, I'm saying last night he had a game you would expect from an All-Star.  One of the things I've noticed about him, and I'm sure the rest of you have noticed this too, is that he doesn't make many unforced errors.  He doesn't make many dumb plays.  He doesn't make a lot of assists in a game, only 1.9, but he also only has .8 turnovers/game.  That's a good ratio and amazing for a rook.  To state the obvious, PP was a steal at #26.  If you were to redo the 2021 draft who would you pick ahead of him?  Ball?  Ok.  Hayes?  Uh uh.  Devin Vassel?  Not me.  Halliburton?  I wouldn't.  Kira Lewis Jr?  Nope.  Vassel, Halliburton and Lewis were picked #11, #12 and #13.  All lottery picks, and I'd take P-Rabbit ahead of the 3 of them and ahead of Hayes @ #7.

Jaylen played like the All-Star he is.

The Celtics had, and still have, a chance to get to 4th, mostly on the relative ease of the rest of our schedule and the toughness of the Knicks' upcoming opponents.  Charlotte is struggling too.  This loss hurt.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307730

Semi and GWill are tweeners, the height of 2’s and 3’s and the mobility of PF’s from the 70’s. They cannot handle the Siakims or an AD type, why does Danny draft 6’5”-6’6” 4’s that can’t score or run? We should have gotten rid of both and kept Theis as our 4. Danny has really f..ked over this team with a bad bad useless supporting cast.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Except for PP and Naismith. Tremont, Tacko, GWill, Semi, even Evan can go IMHO. Kornet will do near the end of the bench, #14. Romeo maybe as #15 on the bench to play D when we need no O. Such a poorly constructed bench.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:27 pm

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

See.  whenever you may think you are at rock bottom with this team there will always be that awful stretch of 25 game where the Celtics lost 24 out of 25.
“Chime” “Buzzer” (pick one) I couldn't even begin to compare the 2 at least as far as inner feelings and expectations go. That team back yonder there in 2007 sucked and we kinda expected sucko performances. Maybe not 18 of em in a row but even then how shocked and disappointed were you? Can you remember?
See what I mean?
Tuesday night is the worst loss as far back as i can remember. When I say worst I mean- expectations, effort, opponent, players, coaching, management, ownership. I’ll stop there. I don’t recall losing to a borderline G league team on a 14 game losing streak on a b2b and who turned the ball over 26 times. Don’t remember anything remotely as disgusting as that. Well, maybe watching Mark Blount but thats about it(pre 07 puker). I can only speak for myself this was a disgrace of epic proportions. This was a chance for our bench to show what they had and they did-nothing. Bye Felicia. This is a team that does not do what their coach is telling them to do (most of the time). With no crowd, I can hear him so I know they can and they are ignoring him. Except when he tells them to “keep shooting Marcus”. At least in 2007 we knew what Danny’s game plan was. I dunno no mo. Wyc’s wallet rules so we are stuck in stagnation until he sells or...never mind.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:32 pm

dboss wrote:
112288 wrote:dBoss,

I love CTA one of my favorite bands of all time.  Saw them at least 30 times.  I did play trumpet for a similar band composition while in college doing bar gigs.

Ah..you saw that.  Yes a truly great band!

If you’re talking about Chicago Mr. DJ, can you play “Make me smile”? I kinda need it rat bout neow.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pm

worcester wrote:112288, Bob, and NY Celt - agree with all your comments on the Celts. 100%.

112288, yes, such a shame Terry Kath blew his head off. Then Peter Cetera's head blew up bigger than than band and sabotaged the group's efforts. I knew his replacement, Bill Champlin who was ok with Sons of Champlin but not so great with Chicago. An improper fit. Ironically, he was the one who turned me on to organic food and was my first insight into the alternative health field. I met him backstage at Fillmore East in the fall of 1968 when I was taking a semester off from Amherst to "study" at otherwise all girls Sarah Lawrence College. 600 women, 10 men. A good time. Anyways, Bill and his band needed a place to stay after their concert, and I invited them back to Bronxville. The girls got wind of it the next morning and swarmed the band. Suddenly they had 600 rich groupies begging them to stay for days. They did, put on a private concert in  the auditorium, and followed that up with several late late night performances. Walt Frazier's girlfriend Joy was not one of them who opted for a private show.

Keep going. Tell us the rest of the story Paul Harvey. Po the tea!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:19 pm

The thing that really irks me is that OKC played gleague level talent and they still kicked our ass.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down