Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder

3 posters

Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder Empty Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:09 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-jaylen-brown-calls-team-104427316.html

Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder

Matt Eppers, USA TODAY

Wed, April 28, 2021, 3:44 AM

The Boston Celtics are stumbling again.

Just when they seemed to be making strides ahead of the playoffs, the Celtics have lost three in a row, and Tuesday's loss might be their most puzzling. The Oklahoma City Thunder, owners of a bottom-five record and losers of 14 straight, went into Boston and beat the Celtics 119-115 at TD Garden.

The Celtics were shorthanded and played without Jayson Tatum, Kemba Walker and Robert Williams III, but Jaylen Brown wasn't interested in making excuses. Brown called out the Celtics' lackluster performance.

"We've got to play with more of a sense of urgency," Brown said. "Tonight I feel like we didn't have the sense of urgency that we needed across the board. A team that has some young, talented players came ready to play. And we got beat."

Celtics on NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSCeltics
Jaylen Brown did not hold back tonight when asked about the game

Quote of Note Presented by http://BuyFordNow.com

7:28 PM · Apr 27, 2021
https://twitter.com/i/status/1387232145870049294

Brown had a game-high 39 points and 11 rebounds, but he was upset the Celtics didn't respond better after a 21-point loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday.

"We've got to come and have some pride and play with some urgency," Brown said. "I didn't think tonight we played with urgency, especially after a tough game against Charlotte two days where we got our ass kicked, everybody should've came ready to play with more urgency and we didn't for whatever reason."

Just over a week ago, the Celtics were riding a season-high six-game win streak and had seemed to finally put their early-season struggles behind them.

Boston has lost four of five since to fall into a tie with the Miami Heat for sixth place in the Eastern Conference. There's little margin for error with 10 games remaining. With another key matchup against Charlotte on Wednesday and two more games left against Miami, the Celtics are in danger of dropping into the play-in tournament.

Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder 5bd1d8ba31601b8007c5fe6fe7ca38e8
Jaylen Brown and the Celtics have three in a row and four of five.

Asked about the Celtics' options, coach Brad Stevens said all they can do is focus on the next game.

"I'm going to get ready for (Wednesday's) game. I think that's what we have to do," Stevens said. "I'm not going to beat up the group that was out there. We should've played better. We've could've better. They played better than us, and they deserved to win. I'm going to get ready for the Charlotte game (Wednesday) night."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder Empty Re: Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Brad is a wimp, Jaylen didn’t call out the team enough....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder Empty Re: Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls out team after bad loss to lowly Thunder

Post by worcester Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

"I'm going to get ready for (Wednesday's) game. I think that's what we have to do," Stevens said. "I'm not going to beat up the group that was out there. We should've played better. We've could've better. They played better than us, and they deserved to win. I'm going to get ready for the Charlotte game (Wednesday) night."

Spoken like a true teacher at Miss Kenny's Little Cherub Pre-School.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Tommy would have been yelling at these guys to wake up and pick it up. Doc and Thibs wouldn’t put up with this crap. Our coach is Mr Rodgers

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down