Post Game Orlando - Home, 5/5/21

+2
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Post Game Orlando - Home, 5/5/21 Empty Post Game Orlando - Home, 5/5/21

Post by bobheckler Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Getting this started, will probably add more tomorrow.

A big win against a crappy team that could only play 9 players due to injuries and because they held a mid-season fire sale.  I wouldn't take too much away from this except the W.

Kemba with 32 and looking like the Kemba of old.  As much as it aggravates me for players making his kind of money to be treated like a Ming vase he definitely plays better with the day off.  4 assists and 1 turnover.  Russell Westbrook he's not, but I'll take 4 and 1.  A great game from Kemba.

Tatum started off 0-4 but ended up 10-22.  Mo Bamba blocked his shot and then looked at Tatum and yelled "Gimme that shoot!".  Got Bamba a T and woke Tatum up.  He scored the next 12 points on 4 straight 3s and put this game out of reach for Orlando.

Smart with only 3 points on 1-6 but 9 assists.  I'd like more points but I love the 9.  He was wearing a headband.  Since when...?

I was wondering how Evan Fournier would respond returning to Orlando.  Some players rise up for the game, some get mentally rattled.  Fournier with 18 on 8-14, 4 rebounds and 4 assists.  2 steals.  I said, in my last post-game rant, that we now need to see Fournier do it again.  He just did.  Two solid games in a row for Frenchy.

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 36 minutes ago
Kemba Walker thinks Evan Fournier will be “huge” for the Celtics down the stretch and that it’s important to get him going. Said Fournier is fun to play with and he believes the two have had an instant chemistry.

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 1 hour ago
Evan Fournier: "My No. 1 priority in life right now is feeling better. Once I feel better, I'm very motivated to show everyone what I can do and how I can help this team. ... I'll show you guys how hungry I am to play well for this team."

Semi with 15 minutes and I barely knew he was out there, but he was 3-7 for 7.

Grant with 8 forgettable minutes.  I'd talk about them but I've forgotten them.  Ok, I remember the 3 turnovers.  The entire team had 11.

Payton Pritchard with 14 on 5-8, 4-6 from 3.  Just wait another year or two when the game slows down enough for him to run an offense and produce assists, he's going to be very valuable, even more than he already is.

Nesmith with a lesser impactful game than he has, but I love that he stuck his nose in there and got a jumpball against Bamba.  A 6'6" player wrapping up a 7'er?  That puts his nose right about elbow level.  I love his energy and aggressiveness, but I'm just waiting for him to popped good.  It's only a matter of time if he keeps playing like this.

Luke Kornet making Danny look stupid because "Some people call him" Moritz Wagner had himself a career game.  20 points on 4-8, 3-5 from 3.  Underwhelmed by Kornet's defense.  He's 7' going on 6'2".  He did have 2 blocks but damn if I can remember them.

Tacko Time with 5 minutes or so left.  3 rebounds and 4 blocks, FOUR, and I didn't even think he looked that good, but watch this McHale-like Torture Chamber show-and-drop-under. https://twitter.com/i/status/1390111221949607939
RJ Hampton tried to dunk on Tacko.  That did NOT work out well.

Jabari Parker came in 3 minutes before Tacko.  The dictionary definition of "the doghouse".  After the game, though, reports are that Parker was out on the floor at the Amway Center putting up shots.  He's working, and that's a good sign.

What kept Orlando in the same solar system as the Celtics were their 28 ftas vs our 12.  It sure as Hell wasn't their 39% shooting, or their 13 total assists

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307794

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Orlando - Home, 5/5/21 Empty Re: Post Game Orlando - Home, 5/5/21

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 06, 2021 1:19 am

And, Mo Wagner was on a revenge tear according to Scal!!!! I wonder if he had not had that debacle in LA if he would have still been here. He looked like he did not have a clue that game.

Speaking of Wagner. There was a story in Players Tribune about his brother who played for Michigan for two years. Seems he is declaring for the draft this year
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 06, 2021 7:59 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:And, Mo Wagner was on a revenge tear according to Scal!!!!  I wonder if he had not had that debacle in LA if he would have still been here. He looked like he did not have a clue that game.

Speaking of Wagner. There was a story in Players Tribune about his brother who played for Michigan for two years.  Seems he is declaring for the draft this year

Franz. Small forward, had a good tourney and raised his profile. 2nd team all Big 10, I think. Someone will draft him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 06, 2021 8:01 am

Is it me or has anyone noticed how terrible Smarts shot making/scoring has been lately? At least he’s not shooting us out of games lately....love what I’m seeing in growth from PP and Nesmith lately, like to see Nesmith get even a bigger role. He’s got a 3 point game and he can be our Joe Harris type. PP reminds me of a slightly less athletic version of Stockton, with a great 3 point stroke.

RWill looks fragile to me, don’t know if he’ll ever be more than a 12-15 minute a game performer and there might be a more jinxed player than GH, Romeo who just got a concussion in practice, just great....sarcasm. If we had drafted the emerging shot blocker Gafford, who looks a lot more physical and durable than RWill, we’d have a great pairing of young bigs and be closer to contending. Oh well can’t hit on every pick, please Danny no more 6’5” tweeners masquerading as 4’s.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 am

bobheckler wrote:Getting this started, will probably add more tomorrow.

A big win against a crappy team that could only play 9 players due to injuries and because they held a mid-season fire sale.  I wouldn't take too much away from this except the W.

Kemba with 32 and looking like the Kemba of old.  As much as it aggravates me for players making his kind of money to be treated like a Ming vase he definitely plays better with the day off.  4 assists and 1 turnover.  Russell Westbrook he's not, but I'll take 4 and 1.  A great game from Kemba.

Tatum started off 0-4 but ended up 10-22.  Mo Bamba blocked his shot and then looked at Tatum and yelled "Gimme that shoot!".  Got Bamba a T and woke Tatum up.  He scored the next 12 points on 4 straight 3s and put this game out of reach for Orlando.

Smart with only 3 points on 1-6 but 9 assists.  I'd like more points but I love the 9.  He was wearing a headband.  Since when...?

I was wondering how Evan Fournier would respond returning to Orlando.  Some players rise up for the game, some get mentally rattled.  Fournier with 18 on 8-14, 4 rebounds and 4 assists.  2 steals.  I said, in my last post-game rant, that we now need to see Fournier do it again.  He just did.  Two solid games in a row for Frenchy.

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 36 minutes ago
Kemba Walker thinks Evan Fournier will be “huge” for the Celtics down the stretch and that it’s important to get him going. Said Fournier is fun to play with and he believes the two have had an instant chemistry.

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 1 hour ago
Evan Fournier: "My No. 1 priority in life right now is feeling better. Once I feel better, I'm very motivated to show everyone what I can do and how I can help this team. ... I'll show you guys how hungry I am to play well for this team."

Semi with 15 minutes and I barely knew he was out there, but he was 3-7 for 7.

Grant with 8 forgettable minutes.  I'd talk about them but I've forgotten them.  Ok, I remember the 3 turnovers.  The entire team had 11.

Payton Pritchard with 14 on 5-8, 4-6 from 3.  Just wait another year or two when the game slows down enough for him to run an offense and produce assists, he's going to be very valuable, even more than he already is.

Nesmith with a lesser impactful game than he has, but I love that he stuck his nose in there and got a jumpball against Bamba.  A 6'6" player wrapping up a 7'er?  That puts his nose right about elbow level.  I love his energy and aggressiveness, but I'm just waiting for him to popped good.  It's only a matter of time if he keeps playing like this.

Luke Kornet making Danny look stupid because "Some people call him" Moritz Wagner had himself a career game.  20 points on 4-8, 3-5 from 3.  Underwhelmed by Kornet's defense.  He's 7' going on 6'2".  He did have 2 blocks but damn if I can remember them.

Tacko Time with 5 minutes or so left.  3 rebounds and 4 blocks, FOUR, and I didn't even think he looked that good, but watch this McHale-like Torture Chamber show-and-drop-under. https://twitter.com/i/status/1390111221949607939
RJ Hampton tried to dunk on Tacko.  That did NOT work out well.

Jabari Parker came in 3 minutes before Tacko.  The dictionary definition of "the doghouse".  After the game, though, reports are that Parker was out on the floor at the Amway Center putting up shots.  He's working, and that's a good sign.

What kept Orlando in the same solar system as the Celtics were their 28 ftas vs our 12.  It sure as Hell wasn't their 39% shooting, or their 13 total assists

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307794

Bob

Totally agree with Kemba on Frenchy, if GH was still here, he’d be in the same position he is now at Charlotte with a cast on his foot. I’ll gladly take the ascending Nesmith and Frenchy over a broken down GH. Let’s be patient with Jaylen, we want him full throttle for playoffs. Love our healthy wing depth to be.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 am

Pritchard with the classic old school fast break at about the 1:10 mark.  Scal raved about this last night, saying he wants this on a perpetual loop to show his son on how to run a one-man fast break.  It's a good example to me as to why I want Tatum to give the ball to PP and let him bring it up.  It'll get into the front court double-quick.

Fournier looking MUCH more comfortable out there.  You can see he's starting to learn Brad's system, he's knowing where his teammates will be when he drives and has to pass out.  He likes to drive left, btw, a lot like Wanny liked to.

Kemba looking very, very good.

Tacko's show-and-go-drop-step move was actually pretty damn good, showing far more skill than I thought he had to be honest.  It's at the very beginning of the video.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 am

Tacko was a defensive force last night, great up and under. Best game of his career so far, would love to see him earn some rotation minutes.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Tacko was a defensive force last night, great up and under. Best game of his career so far, would love to see him earn some rotation minutes.

Cow,

Btw, all 4 of Tacko's blocks came within a minute or a minute and a half.  The two best was the one of Wagner, who is big and was on the move too, and on RJ Hampton who actually thought he was going to dunk on Tacko.  Never try to dunk on someone who can block you without even having to go up on his toes.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm

Tacko actually leaped over a postage stamp.  It was the best hops I have seen from him todate.  He looks good.

Last edited by dboss on Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 pm

our wing depth is starting to come into focus as EV is coming along well and AN continues to earn playing time.

Love the way PP plays.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 06, 2021 6:06 pm

dboss wrote:our wing depth is starting to come into focus as EV is coming along well and AN continues to earn playing time.

Love the way PP plays.

Exactly fully healthy we have sparkling wings and great wing depth

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 pm

[quote="dboss"]our wing depth is starting to come into focus as EV is coming along well and AN continues to earn playing time.

Yup

Last edited by Ktron on Fri May 07, 2021 12:38 am; edited 3 times in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:our wing depth is starting to come into focus as EV is coming along well and AN continues to earn playing time.

Love the way PP plays.

Dboss, using focus and EV in the same sentence is hilarious to me. But I’m kind of sicko so please pardon. LOL

You think I’m funny?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down