Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury

+4
gyso
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury Empty Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury

Post by 112288 Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 am

Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury

NBC SPORTS BOSTON BY JUSTIN LEGER

Robert Williams can't catch a break.

The Boston Celtics big man battled through turf toe on his left foot to suit up for Tuesday's play-in game vs. the Washington Wizards. He didn't last long, however, as Williams exited with an injury in the second quarter.

Williams went up for a block and went down after a collision with Jayson Tatum. Watch the play below:

Tatum responds to critics of his on-court demeanor
It's currently unclear whether Williams re-aggravated the turf toe injury, but he appeared to land awkwardly on his left foot.

Time Lord had four points, four rebounds, an assists, a steal, and a block in 14 minutes. He re-entered the game to start the second half, but went back into the locker room shortly thereafter.

The Celtics officially ruled Williams out for the remainder of the game.

UPDATE (12:05 a.m. ET): Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said Williams hyperextended that same toe.

"He felt it pretty good," Stevens said. "He tried to come back and play. So, just get treatment and we’ll see what happens.”

Back to top Go down

Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury Empty Re: Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury

Post by bobheckler Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 am

RWill hyperextended his toe. Day-to-day.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury Empty Re: Robert Williams exits Celtics-Wizards play-in game with injury

Post by 112288 Wed May 19, 2021 11:35 am

Don't believe the Big Toe pitch.  They are masking his left knee injury!

The congenital condition in the center’s knees is known as popliteal artery entrapment syndrome.

This was a statement from his time in rookie summer league

Williams has been dealing with tendinitis in his left knee since last year, he told reporters after the Celtics' Monday win at Las Vegas Summer League. He has missed two of the team's three games in Vegas after suffering a left knee contusion during the first quarter of the summer league opener.

Shut the kid down, get the operation and get on with him as a future center in a 2022-2023 season!  He is that good to roll the dice with! This band aid treatment is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 19, 2021 11:53 am

112288 wrote:Don't believe the Big Toe pitch.  They are masking his left knee injury!

The congenital condition in the center’s knees is known as popliteal artery entrapment syndrome.

This was a statement from his time in rookie summer league

Williams has been dealing with tendinitis in his left knee since last year, he told reporters after the Celtics' Monday win at Las Vegas Summer League. He has missed two of the team's three games in Vegas after suffering a left knee contusion during the first quarter of the summer league opener.

Shut the kid down, get the operation and get on with him as a future center in a 2022-2023 season!  He is that good to roll the dice with!  This band aid treatment is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been saying this last year and for years now

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 am

Popliteal artery entrapment syndrome leads to cramping, due to blood restriction, from what I've read. It has nothing to do with tendinitis or big toes.

Connecting dots where there are no connections is a futile effort. But, whatever.

Carry on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed May 19, 2021 12:59 pm

gyso wrote:Popliteal artery entrapment syndrome leads to cramping, due to blood restriction, from what I've read.  It has nothing to do with tendinitis or big toes.

Connecting dots where there are no connections is a futile effort.  But, whatever.

Carry on!!

What’s your solution Dr. G?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 19, 2021 1:10 pm

PAGING DR. HOWARD, DR. WORCESTER, DR. HOWARD!!!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 19, 2021 4:04 pm

gyso wrote:Popliteal artery entrapment syndrome leads to cramping, due to blood restriction, from what I've read.  It has nothing to do with tendinitis or big toes.

Connecting dots where there are no connections is a futile effort.  But, whatever.

Carry on!!

Gyso,

What kind of malarkey is that?

What, you think the Celtics are going to just come out and say what he really has. That not only lowers his potential market value for trade purposes, but also tips teams off and allows them to create a better game plan knowing RWIII will not play or only play limited minutes.

We all know Danny is suspect to covering up injuries and peddling injured players. Does Isaiah Thomas ring a bell?

Logic dictates it is what you described. Same leg. Another Danny coverup.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 19, 2021 8:57 pm

RWill may or may not have turf toe, popliteal entrapment, or tooth decay. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny is keeping the details close to the vest. Trader Danny. Remember?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Who knows what he has? Clint Capella was injured most of last year and Hawks took a chance on him and this year he has shown he is a stud/workhorse. RWill unfortunately, has never shown he is near a workhorse or durable. Such a shame, if he could avg 30 minutes a game and play 75 games a year, we’d be a yearly contending team and set to win a title, not if, when....that’s how tantalizingly good he is. His first quarter defense last night was impactful, much better than whatever stats might show. Norlens Noel is an UFA, I wonder if Danny can figure out a way, he was masterful in acquiring Frenchy, shame we got rid of Theis who can play both 4-5.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 19, 2021 9:42 pm

Carry on!!

Worse can this be fixed by surgery?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 20, 2021 7:19 am

From John's Hopkins Medical

popliteal artery entrapment

The popliteal artery is the dominant source of blood supply to the leg below the knee. Due to an abnormal course of the popliteal artery and the calf muscle group, the artery can be compressed and reduce blood flow. The consequence of reduced flow from calf contraction is immediate and leads to cramping and calf pain during exercise.

As a secondary effect, in the long term, repetitive trauma to the artery in its abnormal course can physically damage the arterial wall and cause a progressive narrowing known as a stenosis. In the most severe cases, permanent damage to the muscles and nerves of the leg is possible.

Why does popliteal artery entrapment syndrome occur?
The alteration of the popliteal artery course is present in individuals with PAES at birth. During fetal development, as limbs develop, the abnormal transit of the calf muscle around the vascular bundle is thought to be the primary event that leads to PAES. It is not uncommon for PAES to manifest later in the teens and 20s, when many young people engage in athletic activities and weight resistance training; the calf muscle growth incites the problem. Furthermore, the problem can occur in both genders but tends to be more prevalent in males. This may stem from rapid muscle mass gains, which are typical of male puberty.

The alteration of the popliteal artery course is present in individuals with PAES at birth. During fetal development, as limbs develop, the abnormal transit of the calf muscle around the vascular bundle is thought to be the primary event that leads to PAES. It is not uncommon for PAES to manifest later in the teens and 20s, when many young people engage in athletic activities and weight resistance training; the calf muscle growth incites the problem. Furthermore, the problem can occur in both genders but tends to be more prevalent in males. This may stem from rapid muscle mass gains, which are typical of male puberty.

Can stents treat popliteal artery entrapment syndrome?

Metallic stents are commonly used to treat vascular disease that develops due to atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). In most cases, patients with PAES have a normal artery, and a stent placement is not durable or successful. Indeed, stent placement can significantly complicate recovery and should be avoided.

What is the surgical procedure for popliteal artery entrapment syndrome?

Surgery to relieve abnormal compression of the artery is performed in two approaches. In some types of PAES, a 4- to 6-inch incision behind the knee can provide the necessary exposure to relieve the popliteal artery. In other PAES types, a 4- to 6-inch incision along the inner side of the calf is required for complete relief.

Is surgery successful for popliteal artery entrapment syndrome?

The vast majority of our patients recover fully from their surgery and have normal blood flow to the leg immediately. We will further assess the blood supply at four to six weeks after surgery with ultrasound imaging.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am

I guess that says it all. Too bad there aren't any hospitals in the Boston area.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am

worcester wrote:I guess that says it all. Too bad there aren't any hospitals in the Boston area.

The Celtics do not need high end hospitals in Boston. They can 'manage' injured players.

In all seriousness, Rob has had a series of minor injuries that have kept him off the court.  The one that stands out the most was probably a hip injury that he has experienced at least 3 times.  In 2021 he has had an issue with his hip, knee, foot and now his toe and of course the ever present Covid 19 protocol.  I have yet to see any injury that is directly connected to popliteal artery entrapment.  

I do not believe that all those specific ailments were actually something other than what has been reported.  There seems to be a lot of speculation and distrust of the Celtics organization and the source begins and ends with Danny Ainge.  

As far as RW is concerned he may just be a player who is prone to injury which you will see particularly with hyper athletic players.  I think that he needs to hire a great trainer that can put him on a regiment to train his entire body.  His body is not yet completely developed.  This is the 4th or 5th year in a row where injured players are not able to help going into the playoffs.  Some of it is just plan bad luck but not completely bad luck.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 20, 2021 12:13 pm

He needs to build/stretch all the muscles and tendons that apply to landing, that includes foot, ankle, calves, knees. Core is always good too for body strength and alignment, for all his movements.

Bodywork and reflexology continuously I would recommend too.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 20, 2021 12:21 pm

A great trainer can make all the difference. Cow is right. Stretching and strengthening is key. I am not impressed with the Celtics staff in that regard.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 20, 2021 12:39 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:He needs to build/stretch all the muscles and tendons that apply to landing, that includes foot, ankle, calves, knees. Core is always good too for body strength and alignment, for all his movements.

Bodywork and reflexology continuously I would recommend too.

+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 pm

worcester wrote:A great trainer can make all the difference. Cow is right. Stretching and strengthening is key. I am not impressed with the Celtics staff in that regard.

I don’t have an opinion either way nor know much about it, but what do you think of the viability of the TB12 method?

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm

worcester wrote:A great trainer can make all the difference. Cow is right. Stretching and strengthening is key. I am not impressed with the Celtics staff in that regard.

Right, it’s terrible, they are always behind the 8 ball. Instead of treating injuries, how about strengthening and stretching for peak performance and durability/maintenance so you don’t get injured...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Yes Cow, prevent injuries by stretching and strengthening.

Bobc33, In December 2018 Tom's trainer and best friend Alex Guerrero invited me to the TB12 facility in Foxboro to talk about teaching the TB12 method to my acupuncture profession for $10,000 per practitioner. I like the method and agree that pliability is an important key to peak performance. We didn't come to an agreement, but I still respect TB12. BTW, their Foxboro facility has some great rehab equipment. Edelman and Gronk were using it that season, and this pissed of Belichik. His pride was getting in the way.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu May 20, 2021 11:07 pm

worcester wrote:Yes Cow, prevent injuries by stretching and strengthening.

Bobc33, In December 2018 Tom's trainer and best friend Alex Guerrero invited me to the TB12 facility in Foxboro to talk about teaching the TB12 method to my acupuncture profession for $10,000 per practitioner. I like the method and agree that pliability is an important key to peak performance. We didn't come to an agreement, but I still respect TB12. BTW, their Foxboro facility has some great rehab equipment. Edelman and Gronk were using it that season, and this pissed of  Belichik. His pride was getting in the way.

Thank you Worcester!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down