Is Zion Leaving NOLA?

+3
dboss
willjr
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Would You Trade One of the Js for Zion Williamson?

Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_lcap25%Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_lcap0%Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_lcap75%Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_lcap0%Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Empty Is Zion Leaving NOLA?

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:58 pm

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/nba-world-reacts-zion-williamson-report

June 17, 2021 @ 12:35pm » Matt Audilet

NBA World Reacts To The Zion Williamson Report

Is Zion Leaving NOLA? GettyImages-1180909434-775x465
ATLANTA, GA - OCTOBER 7: Zion Williamson #1 of the New Orleans Pelicans attempts to dunk a ball during a preseason game against the Atlanta Hawks at State Farm Arena on October 7, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images)

Finding a new head coach could be the least of the Pelicans’ worries now.

Following the team’s mutual parting ways with Stan Van Gundy after just one season, a bombshell report involving rising NBA superstar Zion Williamson has emerged. According to reports from The Athletic, some members of Zion’s family want him out of New Orleans.

“They have been unable to put together the right elements to make rising star Zion Williamson and his family happy, and multiple sources have told The Athletic that certain family members want Williamson on another team,” the report reads.

With a star like Zion potentially on the move, NBA fans from around the league took to Twitter to react.

The Athletic
@TheAthletic
Inside the end of Stan Van Gundy's days with the Pelicans and an ongoing battle to keep Zion Williamson happy

@ShamsCharania, @joevardon & @WillGuillory on the factors in play around Zion ⤵ https://theathletic.com/2656520/2021/06/17/inside-the-end-of-stan-van-gundy-with-the-pelicans-and-an-ongoing-battle-to-keep-zion-williamson-happy/?source=twitterhq
8:48 AM · Jun 17, 2021

William Boyd
@BoydSports
I mean call me crazy, but I don’t think continuing to fire his head coaches will make him happy
The Athletic
@TheAthletic
Inside the end of Stan Van Gundy's days with the Pelicans and an ongoing battle to keep Zion Williamson happy

@ShamsCharania, @joevardon & @WillGuillory on the factors in play around Zion ⤵ https://theathletic.com/2656520/2021/06/17/inside-the-end-of-stan-van-gundy-with-the-pelicans-and-an-ongoing-battle-to-keep-zion-williamson-happy/?source=twitterhq
8:51 AM · Jun 17, 2021

FBG, b. 🦅⚜
@real__bwes
the Zion family want outta Nola lmfaoooo
The Athletic
@TheAthletic

8:50 AM · Jun 17, 2021

KDGYT 🧀🦌
@Official414
They got to keep a guy in year 2 happy? NBA going down a slippery slope
The Athletic
@TheAthletic

8:50 AM · Jun 17, 2021

Chad Wickham
@CWickham2
Get rid of David Griffin. Problem solved. Most overrated GM in sports, who has only accomplished anything because LeBron decided to come back to Cleveland
The Athletic
@TheAthletic

9:11 AM · Jun 17, 2021

Meek
@_RaininTweets
seeeesh pelicans on the clock already
The Athletic
@TheAthletic

9:10 AM · Jun 17, 2021

Zion is currently entering the final year of his rookie deal. The 2022-23 season holds a potential club option and the next season a qualifying option.

After an injury-ridden rookie season, the former Duke star finished his first near-full season in 2020-21 — playing 61 of the teams 72 games. Through that time on the court, Zion averaged 27.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game — earning him his first (likely of many) All-Star appearance.

While the Pelicans had plenty of potential heading into this season, things didn’t pan out exactly as planned. In his first and only season as New Orleans head coach, Van Gundy led the team to an 11th place finish in the Western Conference — despite solid additions like Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams, JJ Reddick and the continued emergence of star forward Brandon Ingram.

If Zion does stick around in 2021-22, he will be playing under his third head coach through three NBA seasons.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Would you trade Jaylen for Zion, if he agreed to resign with us?  In order for the numbers to work Zion would have to agree to an extension anyway.  I may be wrong, but it is clear to me there isn't a chance of a snowflake in Hell of getting him without one of the Js being involved.  As much as I love and adore Marcus Smart I'd trade him in a NY second for Zion Williamson, but I doubt NOLA would go for it even with other players and picks thrown in.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Is Zion Leaving NOLA? Empty Re: Is Zion Leaving NOLA?

Post by willjr Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:13 pm

I would not trade either of the J’s for him. He is an incredible physical talent and specimen but in my non sports medicine opinion his body/frame will not age well. Also, family meddling this early in his career is not a good sign. The possibility of that being a chronic condition has to be taken into consideration.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Bobh stops throwing softballs. Hell no I would not give up either J for him.

The kid barely played last year and now he wants out? WTF, give me a break!

He has unreal athleticism but combine that with too much weight and you have a health management crisis on your hands.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 pm

What the heck is going on in the NBA? Who is running the asylum anyway? These kids come into the league, are highly touted, then miss a ton of games, still produce, but HIS FAMILY wants him to move to a better place for THEM?????????

This is worse than dealing with the Ball family, although, it seems like the kids have put their father in his place and they have hired some one to help with their careers.

No way I would trade Jaylen, absolutely not. You want chemistry? We do not need a kid with a head bigger than the Statue of Liberty, sorry, let his family ruin his career. Every time you turned around he was getting hurt.

Will….you are right, I do not see a good outcome here with this kid, his body will break down for sure

Think we are dysfunctional, look at what is going on all over the league. Now the Mavs have fired Donnie Nelson, the coach has said he is not coming back, Luca is pissed. Whoa……..at least our guys are quiet about what they are feeling.

Again I say it, too much $$$$ too fast for these prima donnas
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Boz Scaggs - Breakdown Dead Ahead -

The story of Zion's body if he doesn't drop 30 pounds

Last edited by worcester on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:20 pm

I find it funny how some of us believe what they hear and read about other teams business but when they write stuff about our team and y’all don’t like what they write its BS and lies. LOL.
Anyway, I digress.
The players, have the right to move around because the owners and players association agreed to the CBA but it needs to be reworked. Players should have some freedom but they way it is now markets like, New Orleans, Memphis, Portland, Charlotte etc. don’t have a snails chance of ever winning a title. That’s not what I consider a healthy situation.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 am

Everybody thought Charles Barkley's body was going to break down too.  He was 6'6", 255# and back then they measured players in sneakers and then rounded up.  He'd be 6'4 1/2" in socks today. He also played 16 seasons in a much more physical era of basketball.  Zion is 6'7", in socks, 280# and cannot be touched in today's NBA.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:35 am

Well Zion probably got his first coach fired. I am 100% positive that if he said no I want Van Gundy to coach me and the team then he would not have been thrown out the door with his collection of ill fitting suits.

Players have FA but as we have seen some guys break from that and want to go elsewhere before their contract expires. Teams sign players and two years into a 4 or 5 year deal they want to move them. The door swings both ways.

NOLA made a huge investment in selecting Zion at #1

I cannot recall a situation where the #1 pick who spent most of his first year in the infirmary ward wants to part ways with his team.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:59 am

Bob, it is not the contact from other players which threatens Zion's health. It is the 270/280 pounds on his legs hitting the hardwood night after night which concerns me.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 am

Bob, Barkley did not come into the league with questions about his size or body type,. He did not breakdown much at all. This remains to be seen about Zion, he has been injured several time since joining New Orleans. He even came in with an injury. I will not give up a quality guy like Jaylen for a guy who has a glass bubble around him.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:27 am

bobheckler wrote:

MY NOTE:  Would you trade Jaylen for Zion, if he agreed to resign with us?  In order for the numbers to work Zion would have to agree to an extension anyway.  I may be wrong, but it is clear to me there isn't a chance of a snowflake in Hell of getting him without one of the Js being involved.  As much as I love and adore Marcus Smart I'd trade him in a NY second for Zion Williamson, but I doubt NOLA would go for it even with other players and picks thrown in.

I would trade Marcus for Zion for sure - I mean, as much as we all love Marcus, Zion would be a HUGE upgrade. I would consider trading Jaylen for Zion as well. The way Zion bullies his way into the paint could really open things up for JT. Teams would have a tough time negating a JT - ZW pairing. As others point out, the concern is durability and the effect on team chemistry. Not sure I'd actually do the trade due to those concerns, but I would sure as hell do my homework on Zion's health and character before rejecting it out of hand.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:33 am

then why not trade Robert Williams???? He probably would get thrown in there for trade, wrong ? or Thompson?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down