[ 0 ]
You Can Only Keep Three Vote_lcap44%You Can Only Keep Three Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 11 ]
You Can Only Keep Three Vote_lcap0%You Can Only Keep Three Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 25

You Can Only Keep Three Empty You Can Only Keep Three

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 pm

We have a shite ton of bigs.  They all have their pluses and minuses, but we can't keep them all.  

Carrying 3 bigs makes sense, but not many more.  Al Horford MUST be one of our three, since I consider it damn near impossible to trade him this year.  Next year?  Yeah, maybe, but not this year.  So pick your last two that join Big Al (or provide a trade scenario that could actually make sense for both teams).

Tacko is a two-way player and, as such, doesn't occupy a regular roster spot, nor does his salary affect the salary cap.  If you want to keep Tacko as a two-way, but not as a full NBA player, please specify.  Otherwise, if you choose him, he's one of your 2 choices, one of our 3.

If you disagree with me and think that we can carry 4 centers, fine.  Pick two and then, in your comments, name your 4th center.  In fact, every vote should come with an explanation as to why you picked the ones you did and not the others.  If you choose players under contract specify if you'd trade them or just cut them and eat the $.

Robert Williams - 6'8", 7'6" wingspan, 238#.  Shot blocker extraordinaire, but very injury prone.  Limited outside game.  Poor frito shooter.  Almost 24 years old.  $3.7M, QO next year for $5M.

Tristan Thompson - 6'9", 7'1" wingspan, 238#.  Limited offensively, but a rugged, physical defender.  Zero outside game.  Poor frito shooter.  At 30 years old he is now the 2nd oldest player.  $9.7M, final contract year.

Al Horford - 6'9", 7'1" wingspan, 240#.  35 years old.  His contract is almost certainly untradeable at this point (although he was traded to us, wasn't he?).  Solid outside shooter.  Great leader, lots of intangibles. He's on the team unless and until someone can show me how he isn't. 

Luke Kornet - 7'2", 7'1" wingspan, 250#.  Limited low post game, weak 3pt shooter.  Career 76% frito shooter, shot over 82% one year in NY.  Almost 26 years old.  $2.3M last year, UFA.

Moses Brown - 7'2", 7'3 1/2"  winspan, 245#.  Excellent rebounder.  Zero outside game.  1.1 bpg is mediocre for his size, at best.  $1.7M this year, $1.8M next year and then a team option $2M after that.  Under contract until 2023-24.

Tacko Fall - 7'5", 8'4" wingspan, 311#.  Limited skills, but you can't teach 7'5", 8'4" wingspan.  He has played so few minutes it's hard to really discern anything from his stats, it's all eyeball stuff. If he is signed to the regular roster he'd most likely make the NBA minimum $925K.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

You Can Only Keep Three Empty Re: You Can Only Keep Three

Post by gyso Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Al Horford, Robert Williams and Moses Brown. Luke Kornet is resigned at vet min if we need a 4th.

Tacko is gone. It was fun while it lasted.

TT is the only one (besides Horford) who carries enough salary to include in a trade. So he's gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:28 pm

What if there are only 2 keepers on your incomplete list? lol

I'm following gyso's lead and going with Al Horford, Robert Williams and Moses Brown.  

Your pole is whack!  You Can Only Keep Three 1f377 would you like another glass of wine?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:45 pm

I'll also go with RWIII, Horford and Brown...

...while hoping we can come up with something better.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:37 am

I don’t know why RWill is listed as 6’8”...???

Theis was 6’8” RWill is easily 6’10” and with very long arms, just sayin

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:54 pm

dboss wrote:What if there are only 2 keepers on your incomplete list? lol

I'm following gyso's lead and going with Al Horford, Robert Williams and Moses Brown.  

Your pole is whack!  You Can Only Keep Three 1f377 would you like another glass of wine?

dboss,

Make it fine tequila and I'm your man!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I thought it was me.....I would keep RWII, Brown, and Horford and hope we can deal Thompson and pray that RW can find a way of staying healthy.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum