Yan Madar to play in the Summer league.

+2
bobheckler
international
6 posters

Go down

Yan Madar to play in the Summer league. Empty Yan Madar to play in the Summer league.

Post by international Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:13 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/07/yam-madar-expected-to-play-for-celtics-summer-league-team-in-las-vegas-report.html

international

Back to top Go down

Yan Madar to play in the Summer league. Empty Re: Yan Madar to play in the Summer league.

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:45 pm

EXCELLENT!!!

I've been watching his highlight films all year.  I cannot wait to see how he competes at this level of competition.

Thanks, International.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Yan Madar to play in the Summer league. Empty Re: Yan Madar to play in the Summer league.

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:39 pm

bobheckler wrote:EXCELLENT!!!

I've been watching his highlight films all year.  I cannot wait to see how he competes at this level of competition.

Thanks, International.

Bob

+1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 pm

That is good news.  I did expect that he would participate.  Our summer league team should be very interesting.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:37 am

Let's hope he's up to snuff, we certainly could use him if he is. Can't wait for summer league play.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:48 am

Berlin-T wrote:Let's hope he's up to snuff, we certainly could use him if he is. Can't wait for summer league play.

Berlin-T

+1

But I am holding my hopes in check. 47th picks from Europe are not known for making an impact... or even being able to stay in the league for more than a couple of years. I guess this is true for 47th picks in general Smile

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:26 am

I've been posting Yam Madar's game highlight films throughout this past year.  If you didn't watch them, here's a primer.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Vankisa wrote:
Berlin-T wrote:Let's hope he's up to snuff, we certainly could use him if he is. Can't wait for summer league play.

Berlin-T

+1

But I am holding my hopes in check. 47th picks from Europe are not known for making an impact... or even being able to stay in the league for more than a couple of years. I guess this is true for 47th picks in general Smile
                                                                 Holding hopes in check is always a good idea,but there is always the occasional gem. Curiosity got me looking, and I compiled, for whatever it is worth, the following list of international players who  were chosen 40th or later :Drazen Petrovic -60th, 1986, Sarunic Marciolunis-127th,1987, Dino Radja -40TH, 1989, Manu Ginobli-57th,1999, Luis Scola-56th,2002, Marc Gasol-48th, 2007,Goran Drajic-45th, 2008,Jonas Jerebko-39th (I'm cheating listing him because he had a short , but pretty good run with the CS ) ,Davis Bertans-42nd,2011, Nikola Jocik-41st, 2014. There were others who had short, but unremarkable stints in the league, but these guys stood out. Of course , international players are better scouted now, so a lot of them would probably not have lasted as long these days. Not disputing your point; just looking on the bright side.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 37 minutes ago
Yam Madar’s trainer, @YogevBerdugo, connected him with strength trainer Paul Fabritz over the last week in Los Angeles. Madar has gotten the chance to work out alongside Semi Ojeleye, who also works with Fabritz in LA.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Yam Madar working with Semi Ojelaye's strength trainer?  Good Gawd!  A week or two isn't enough to transform your body but bigger picture, longer-term that's going to help him a lot.  That, or he's going to watch Semi doing the stuff that has made him a legend in the Celtics' weight room for the past 4 years and get discouraged, LOL.  Seriously, Madar understanding what it takes to make it in the NBA (strength, skills, discipline) can only help him and us.

Summer League begins in exactly 2 weeks, 14 days, from today.  When the schedule is finalized and released I will post it on its own thread.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down