cowens/oldschool
prakash
bobheckler
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2021 Free Agency Empty 2021 Free Agency

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:24 pm

The first day to sign free agents is Monday August 2nd @ 6PM EDT. A MUCH more reasonable time than 12 midnight. Never understood that.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

2021 Free Agency Empty Re: 2021 Free Agency

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-wizards-likely-acquire-spencer-190025785.html

Report: Wizards likely to acquire Spencer Dinwiddie in sign-and-trade with Nets

Dan Feldman
Sat, July 31, 2021, 12:00 PM

The Wizards are opening a big hole at point guard by trading Russell Westbrook to the Lakers. Reserves Ish Smith and Raul Neto are free agents, too.

Washington is landing a new backup in the Pacers’ Aaron Holiday.

As for a starter, how about the Nets’ Spencer Dinwiddie?

Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report:

With that, the next name off the point guard market appears likely to be Spencer Dinwiddie to Washington, sources said, in a sign-and-trade that could reroute the newly acquired Kyle Kuzma or Montrezl Harrell to Brooklyn

Fred Katz and Shams Charania of The Athletic:

The other pieces from the Westbrook trade, Harrell and Kuzma alone, would not be enough for Brooklyn to accept a Dinwiddie deal, according to a source.

Dinwiddie would be a nice addition to the Wizards as they try to win around Bradley Beal. Before getting hurt, Dinwiddie was playing at a high level.

In Kuzma and Harrell, the Nets could get frontcourt depth around their perimeter star trio of James Harden, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Washington has also has several other moderately paid players who could fit into the deal.

Though Kuzma’s and Harrell’s salaries couldn’t be re-aggregated after the Lakers trade, that deal won’t become official for at least another week. So, that trade could get expanded to include Dinwiddie with Kuzma and Harrell getting rerouted to Brooklyn.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Rumor is that CP3 will NOT exercise his $44M option and will instead resign with Phoenix for, get this, 3 years $90M.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
2 hours ago
New: Per sources, the Celtics will have interest in veterans Jeff Green and Rudy Gay, among others, as free agency opens Monday.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:36 am

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
2 hours ago
New: Per sources, the Celtics will have interest in veterans Jeff Green and Rudy Gay, among others, as free agency opens Monday.

Bob

I like Rudy Gay's fit with the Celts. Better than Jeff Green.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:40 am

Jeff Green has always had his faults, what I noticed this year is he is really good at playing off the stars. Ask him to create or do too much, he always disappoints, but catching lobs and back cutting he seems to get a lot of easy baskets just off his athleticism.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:43 am

It has been reported that the Celtics are pursuing Green. If so, I applaud that. Green shot 41.8 from three last year. The Celtics need shooting He's a great cutter, still an exceptional athlete , doesn't need the ball in his hands, and a far better defender than Rudy Gay. Gay has had a better career, but that was then and this is now . In my opinion the Celtics don't need another high usage wing. A veteran than can backcut, hit threes and defend seems like a better fit to me.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 am

At the risk of making cow's head explode, I saw Kelly Olynyk listed as a possible Celts target. Dun de dun dun...
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:51 am

KO? Well, we do need a strong rebounding and defending, shot-blocking center with ganas.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 am

Rumored Celtics free agent targets: Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/8/1/22605108/rumored-boston-celtics-free-agent-targets-jeff-green-kelly-olynyk-avery-bradley

Brad Stevens getting the band back together?

By Jeff Clark@celticsblog Aug 1, 2021, 8:03pm EDT

First Al Horford made his return to Boston. Now some more familiar names have surfaced on the Boston Celtics rumor mill. According to Adam Himmelsbach those names include Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, and Avery Bradley (in addition to Rudy Gay and Patty Mills). It appears that a prime target is Jeff Green.

According to a league source, the Celtics prefer to pursue a player with extensive experience and are focused on adding size and shooting, and forward Jeff Green is believed to be a primary target. Green played for the Celtics from 2011-2015, including a season and a half with Stevens as his head coach.

Green has carved out a nice niche for himself in this league. Not as the star that many in Boston hoped he’d become, but rather as a high quality veteran bench player. I’ve said several times that the team could use a stretch 4 that can defend. Green could be perfect in that role.

Speaking of shooters with size...

Olynyk’s strong finish to last season after being traded to the Rockets could keep him out of the Celtics’ price range, but Olynyk loved his time in Boston and kept a home here after departing in 2017. Gay, meanwhile, played for San Antonio while Udoka was an assistant there. He made 38.1 percent of his 3-pointers last season.

Backcourt options include players such as Spurs veteran Patty Mills—who was also coached by Udoka—and former Celtics guard Avery Bradley, according to a league source.

Brad Stevens had a lot of success with those players as a coach. Seems like he’d like to find some of that old magic once again. Hey, why not bring Evan Turner back off the bench while we’re at it?

I will point out that a lot of former coaches who take on the general manager role tend to fall back on former players that they “trust.” Sometimes that works out and other times the players have regressed to the point that only a former coach would value them. Hopefully this is more the former than the latter.

As always with free agency, the price tag matters. The Celtics will have to prioritize who they want to spend the money that they have and hope that their top choices take it (before the market passes them by).

Should be a very interesting first few days of free agency. Remember that last year our free agency was delayed in part because the team was waiting on a decision from Gordon Hayward. This year it seems the front office has lined up their transactions and should be ready to go from the opening bell.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 am

jrleftfoot wrote:At the risk of making cow's head explode, I saw Kelly Olynyk listed as a possible Celts target. Dun de dun dun...

Clean up in aisle 4.  LOL.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:05 am

Re: resigning Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley,

Our new logo:

2021 Free Agency Recycl10

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 am

Still only 29 years old?

2021 Free Agency Jared_10

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:20 am

Best comment from that CelticsBlog article:

Calendar says August 1st
Not April 1st

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am

NBA Free Agency begins TODAY @ 6PM EDT.

I'll bet Danny is out there somewhere thinking "Why couldn't they have started it at a reasonable hour like this when I was the one making the calls?"

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:29 am

jrleftfoot wrote:It has been reported that the Celtics are pursuing Green. If so, I applaud that. Green shot 41.8 from three last year. The Celtics need shooting He's a great cutter, still an exceptional athlete , doesn't need the ball in his hands, and a far better defender than Rudy Gay. Gay has had a better career, but that was then and this is now . In my opinion the Celtics don't need another high usage wing. A veteran than can backcut, hit threes and defend  seems like a better fit to me.

+1

Shocking how much better he is than Semi and GWill at this stage of his career, still dunks effortlessly

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:12 am

I would love it if Jared Sullinger got another shot here. THOSE HANDS, look at how skinny he is!!!

Also, stupid time should be starting pretty soon with all kinds of nutty trades and signings.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm

According to Celtics Blog

Rumor: Celtics interested in bringing back Isaiah Thomas

By Jeff Clark@celticsblog

He is in some league, Baron Davis asked him to join, scored 65 pts the other night, 38 (?) I think another game.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/8/2/22605913/chris-mannix-brad-stevens-frustration-with-marcus-smart-could-lead-trade-boston-celtics-free-agency

Mannix: Brad Stevens’ frustration with Marcus Smart could lead to trade

Boston’s longest tenured Celtic could be on the move before the start of next season.

By wjsy@deliberatepix Aug 2, 2021, 12:18pm EDT

With hours before the official start of free agency on the horizon later today, Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix has dropped a bit of a bombshell in Boston regarding newly minted President of Basketball Operations Brad Stevens and the Celtic who played the most years for him, Marcus Smart:

Boston’s acquisition of Josh Richardson could spell the end of Marcus Smart’s run in Boston. Smart has become a fan favorite over seven years in Boston, but Brad Stevens has been frustrated by Smart’s unpredictable play in recent years, per sources.

Mannix notes that the Celtics will look to trade Smart before the start of the 2021-2022 regular season. If you’ve followed trade deadlines and offseasons in the past, you know that Smart is no stranger to rumors. Sources tell Mannix that while Smart could have fetched multiple first round picks in the past, his inconsistent play of late might net just a first rounder and rotational player for Boston this summer.

Smart is in the final year of a 4-year, $52 million contract he signed in restricted free agency back in 2018. His nearly $14 million price tag next season is Boston’s best substantial trade chip now.

After a dust up with officials last season in a win in Charlotte, Smart was seen barking at referees and then at Stevens on the sidelines for not defending him:

“We need Marcus and I’ve told him a number of times how much we need him,” said Stevens. “But this is the part about Marcus that I love, right? His fire, his competitiveness. If there’s a moment when he’s upset with us, that’s all part of it. We move on pretty quickly. We’ve been together for a long time. I’ve been yelled at before and that’s OK. I love him and I trust him.

“Again, we’ve been through a lot together so I just think it’s one of those things where, he knows how important he is to our team and, listen, he’s going to be the guy that — he gives a lot to our team. He does a lot of things that are really hard but don’t always get the attention by some. I think we do a good job in Boston of recognizing all that he does and certainly, our team and our staff recognize all he does.”

Smart seemed to smooth things over with Stevens on the bench during the third quarter.

“Me and Brad, that’s our relationship. We’ve been in it six years, so we have those little moments, and it’s over,” said Smart. “It’s done with and we move on to the next one.”

If these reports are true, that love and trust seems to have eroded. And now with Stevens off the Celtics’ bench and in the front office and Smart in a contract year, there may be little margin to smooth things over.

Bob
MY NOTE: NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Why would you write an article that had a crazy title and introduces a crazy hypothesis, spend the bulk of the middle part refuting that crazy hypothesis and close by stating the crazy hypothesis again?

Clicks?

or

Typical silly season stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-steph-curry-warriors-171107840.html

NBA rumors: Steph Curry, Warriors soon will agree to $215M contract extension

Drew Shiller
Mon, August 2, 2021, 10:11 AM

This piece of news certainly will delight Warriors fans around the globe.

"Golden State’s Stephen Curry, I’m told, will soon be agreeing to a four-year, $215 million extension with the Warriors," Marc Stein wrote Monday morning.

The expectation for months has been that the two-time NBA MVP this summer would sign a new deal with the franchise that selected him No. 7 overall in the 2009 draft.

The extension would begin in 2022-23 and keep Curry with the Warriors through the 2025-26 season -- when he turns 38 years old.

The three-time NBA champion just completed arguably the best season of his career, finishing third in the MVP voting after scoring a league-high 32.0 points per game.

Curry averaged 37.1 points, 5.2 assists and 5.5 rebounds over his final 21 games, while shooting 49.2 percent overall and 44.3 percent from deep (on 15.1 attempts).

The only unanimous MVP in NBA history without question is on the short list of most beloved athletes in Bay Area history, and already is No. 1 in the eyes of many.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm

I told you, this is crazy time. Mannix is still trying to prove he is not a green teamer, he comes up with more crazy stuff than almost anyone except Hollinger and Jeff Goodman. I put the headline from Jeff Clark that was on the Celtics Blog, I hardly ever read him either. It is just that whatever the league is that IT is in, he is shooting the lights out.

It's crazy time.....we have a few more days of this nutty stuff
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-steph-curry-warriors-171107840.html

NBA rumors: Steph Curry, Warriors soon will agree to $215M contract extension

Drew Shiller
Mon, August 2, 2021, 10:11 AM

This piece of news certainly will delight Warriors fans around the globe.

"Golden State’s Stephen Curry, I’m told, will soon be agreeing to a four-year, $215 million extension with the Warriors," Marc Stein wrote Monday morning.

The expectation for months has been that the two-time NBA MVP this summer would sign a new deal with the franchise that selected him No. 7 overall in the 2009 draft.

The extension would begin in 2022-23 and keep Curry with the Warriors through the 2025-26 season -- when he turns 38 years old.

The three-time NBA champion just completed arguably the best season of his career, finishing third in the MVP voting after scoring a league-high 32.0 points per game.

Curry averaged 37.1 points, 5.2 assists and 5.5 rebounds over his final 21 games, while shooting 49.2 percent overall and 44.3 percent from deep (on 15.1 attempts).

The only unanimous MVP in NBA history without question is on the short list of most beloved athletes in Bay Area history, and already is No. 1 in the eyes of many.

Bob

I am very happy with this news!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:58 pm

Tim Hardaway Jr to resign with Dallas.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm

Collins and Hawks 'not close'
The Hawks are "not close to an agreement" with restricted free agent John Collins, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports as free agency begins in a few minutes.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next