Ray Allen To Coach High School Basketball in Florida

Go down

Ray Allen To Coach High School Basketball in Florida Empty Ray Allen To Coach High School Basketball in Florida

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/champion-celtics-guard-ray-allen-170552322.html

Champion Celtics guard Ray Allen to coach high school ball in Florida

Justin Quinn
Fri, August 20, 2021, 10:05 AM

Boston Celtics champion shooting guard Ray Allen is making the leap into a coaching career according to the Connecticut Insider’s Dave Borges, having been named head coach of Pinecrest, Florida’s Gulliver Prep’s men’s basketball team.

The Hall of Fame guard won a title with the Celtics in 2008 before a controversial exit to the Miami Heat where he would win another soured many Celtics fans on the UConn star. He has since made amends with Paul Pierce while remaining estranged from much of the rest of the Banner 17 peers, and now seems to be focused on making a move to the other side of the clipboard.

“He’s a smart guy, there’s no reason why he couldn’t do well,” related legendary Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun on the hire.

Will Allen ever make the leap to a higher level of coaching? Not according to Calhoun,

“I don’t think he does … when I talk to him, he’s all over the place playing golf, so I’m not sure why he’d want to give up all those kind of things.”

Bob
MY NOTE:  Pinecrest is in the Miami-Dade area.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down