Luke Kornet Empty Luke Kornet

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:01 pm

signed Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Luke Kornet Empty Re: Luke Kornet

Post by wideclyde Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Not trying to look stupid, but what is an Exhibit 10 contact? No one ever helped me pass my G certification training.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:32 pm

wideclyde wrote:Not trying to look stupid, but what is an Exhibit 10 contact?  No one ever helped me pass my G certification training.

Basically non-guaranteed training camp contract that can be converted to a 2-way if eligible (I don’t think Kornet or Morgan are eligible) or to make the Cs team. There’s also some potential extra money in it if they join your g league team after being cut prior to the start of the season.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:34 pm

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q83

83. Can a Two-Way player be converted to a regular NBA player? Can a regular NBA player be converted to a Two-Way player? What is Exhibit 10?

If a standard NBA contract includes an attachment called Exhibit 10, the team receives the right to convert the contract to a Two-Way contract. Whether or not an eligible contract includes an Exhibit 10 is a matter of negotiation between the player and team. To be eligible to contain an Exhibit 10, a contract must be for one season at the minimum salary, with no bonuses of any kind (other than an optional Exhibit 10 bonus), and no compensation protection (see question number 63)1.

An Exhibit 10 bonus can pay the player from $5,000 to $50,000 if the player is waived by his NBA team, signs with the G-League, is assigned to the NBA team's G-League affiliate, and stays there at least 60 days. A team can only add an Exhibit 10 bonus if the team actually has a G-League affiliate team. An Exhibit 10 can also specify a Conversion Protection Amount between $5,000 and $50,000, which becomes compensation protection if the contract is converted to a Two-Way contract. If a contract contains an Exhibit 10 bonus it must also contain a Conversion Protection Amount in the same amount.

Other rules related to Exhibit 10:

A team can have no more than six contracts that contain an Exhibit 10 in effect at any time.
A contract must be converted to a Two-Way contract prior to the start of the regular season (including during the July Moratorium).

A contract can have both an Exhibit 9 (limiting the team's liability in the event he is injured (see question number 70) and an Exhibit 10. If the contract is converted to a Two-Way contract, the Exhibit 9 becomes null and void.

A standard NBA contract with an Exhibit 10 that is converted to a Two-Way contract can later be converted back to a standard NBA contract.

If a second round draft pick signs his required tender (a contract offer the team submits in order to retain the player's draft rights) and is later waived, that team is the only team that can convert the player to a Two-Way player for the remainder of that season.

Exhibit 10 bonuses are not counted as Team Salary (see question number 13), but they are included in league-wide total salaries (see question number 15).

Any Two-Way contract can be converted to a standard NBA contract at the team’s option. A Two-Way contract can be converted from the start of the July Moratorium through the day of the team’s last regular season game in the last year of the Two-Way contract. Once converted, the contract becomes a standard NBA contract that is in effect for the remainder of the term of the Two-Way contract. The player’s salary becomes the NBA minimum salary based on his years of service (pro-rated based on when the contract is converted). If the contract contains an Exhibit 10 bonus, the bonus amount converts to a salary guarantee.

If a Two-Way contract is converted to a standard NBA contract, the regular trade restriction exists for the first three months or until December 15, whichever is later (see question number 101). The three month period begins on the date the contract is converted.

In lieu of converting a Two-Way contract to a standard NBA contract, teams and players are also free to negotiate and sign a standard NBA contract. If a new NBA contract is signed, the Two-Way contract becomes null and void.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:36 pm

He obviously got not other offers and is trying to not go overseas?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:44 pm

The Brooklyn Nets just waived Jahlil Okafor.  He's only 25 years old and was drafted 3rd in 2015.  I put this here because:

1.  It's not worthy of its own thread and
2.  It should send a message to every NBA big, just in case they've been in a coma and didn't get the message.  If you don't play defense and your offense is all around the basket you have no future in this NBA.

Paging Doctor Parker, Doctor Kornet, Doctor Parker.

Luke Kornet 4fitnessblogtts-092-007

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:28 pm

It seems like that kid has been around forever! I remember there was so much hype and he never ever lived up to it. Hello China
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:06 pm

Put it under the Sixers thread where that have very little to show for the process.

I expect Boston to bring in a few more training camp prospects.  Boston is still loooking to fill the other 2 way slot.  Kornet was added accordingly but I do not see him making this team as a 5th center.  

Europe awaits.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:06 pm

You are right about the big men. Marc Gasol just got traded from LAL to Memphis, who, in turn are going to waive him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down