dboss
RosalieTCeltics
atcross
9 posters

Go down

Horford tests positive C19 Empty Horford tests positive C19

Post by atcross Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Ugh. Well better now than in May.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/10/12/22723310/report-al-horford-tests-positive-for-covid-19-joins-jaylen-brown-in-quarantine-status

atcross

Back to top Go down

Horford tests positive C19 Empty Re: Horford tests positive C19

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm

The fun begins. Here we go again. God help us, will this ever go away?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:12 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:The fun begins.  Here we go again.  God help us, will this ever go away?
If everybody did what we did we could've pretty much controlled widespread infection.

The way I see it, one unchecked variant leads to a new variant.  I think this is something that will continue to be with us for a long time.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:53 pm

I have to wait until December to get the last shot, my first two were in May and June. My heart doctor today could not stress it enough with both my husband and myself. He will go up to the Veteran’s and get his shot and flu shot. I will just be careful until December.

I wonder if those who are choosing to be unprotected realize how valuable life is. I certainly do, with all I have gone through, I want to be around for a while. The value of life is something I wish all would think about. This is just MY opinion, life is fleeting

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have to wait until December to get the last shot, my first two were in May and June.  My heart doctor today could not stress it enough with both my husband and myself.  He will go up to the Veteran’s and get his shot and flu shot.  I will just be careful until December.  

I wonder if those who are choosing to be unprotected realize how valuable life is.  I certainly do, with all I have gone through, I want to be around for a while.  The value of life is something I wish all would think about.   This is just MY opinion, life is fleeting

Rosalie

It is very strange that a person's life is not fully appreciated.

If over 700,000 souls does not bring concensus,  we are in deep mud.

Truth and reason are absent.  Protect yourself, family and those you care about  and pray for a brighter day.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:38 am

If it turns out that Horford has full Covid, it must mean that he was not vaccinated.

700,000+ dead in America, likely millions with 'long haul' issues and a player on a team not vaccinated??

This should not have happened. Horford or Celtics, or both at fault.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:39 am

Josh Richardson is not vaccinated.  

The CDC has said that if you are not vaccinated you are more likely to get infected with the Delta variant.  The original strain that was with us last year is no longer dominant.  

I was hoping we could go into the season with a fully vaccinated team.  

We are just a week out from our first game and both Jaylen and Al could be missing.  I read that Jaylen was asymptomatic so hopefully he may be ready to go.  Al on the other hand will not be available.

We got our booster shot about 2 weeks ago as recommended.  No side effects and we both feel great.  I expect that in the Spring a new version of the vaccine will be available that is designed to recognize several known variants floating around.  Since this is a global health issue, the US needs to protect their borders by restricting entrance for anyone who is not vaccinated.  

No one wants to be told what to do but during a public health crisis I fully support mandates including vaccinations.  

As far as the NBA is concerned they have a very high vaccination rate as compared to the general public but the players association is not capable of making the right decision.

There should be a new clause contained in the next CBA that adds a health emergency provision that will allow teams to implement certain restrictions and vaccination mandates.  The provision should stipulate that the NBA will follow CDC guidelines.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:22 pm

wideclyde wrote:If it turns out that Horford has full Covid, it must mean that he was not vaccinated.

700,000+ dead in America, likely millions with 'long haul' issues and a player on a team not vaccinated??

This should not have happened.  Horford or Celtics, or both at fault.

Though most breakthrough infections amongst the vaccinated are mild, some are more serious. Also, although most breakthroughs are presumed to be delta, some are not. So, we can't say for sure that Al wasn't vaccinated.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
wideclyde wrote:If it turns out that Horford has full Covid, it must mean that he was not vaccinated.

Though most breakthrough infections amongst the vaccinated are mild, some are more serious. Also, although most breakthroughs are presumed to be delta, some are not. So, we can't say for sure that Al wasn't vaccinated.

hi rock

I saw some CDC data that indicates 99% of all new cases are related to the delta variant.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#variant-proportions

The Celtics have been pretty tight lipped about who was not vaccinated.  We only have one confirmed player that acknowledged he was not vaccinated.  

It is hard sometimes to believe we are going through this pandemic.  

I see this covid virus as a cat and mouse game.  All the vaccines developed were based on the original sequencing of the virus.  When I got my booster shot they told me that Pfizer has a new version of the vaccine but it has to go through the approval process.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:51 pm

I was disappointed to read Bradley Beal's comments in the Washington Post.

“Oh, I am not vaccinated,” Beal said. “No, no.”
“Every player, every person in this world is going to make their own decision for themselves,” Beal said. “I would like an explanation to, you know, people with vaccines. Why are they still getting covid? If that’s something that we are supposed to highly be protected from, like it’s funny that it only reduces your chances of going to the hospital. It doesn’t eliminate anybody from getting covid, right? So is everybody in here vaxxed, I would assume? Right. So you all can still get covid, right?”

A reporter from NBC Sports Washington responded, “We’re less likely to die or go to the hospital,” echoing studies published this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. One such study found that people who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19.

“Okay, but you can still get covid? Right,” Beal said. “And you can still pass it along with the vax, right? So I’m just asking the question.

There is a lack of logic there, I hope Beal reflects on his comments. A virus is always a mutating organism. Yes there are breakthrough cases and those are contagious. The roughly 90% protection from contracting the virus that vaccines confer, the similar percentage of milder cases that don't need hospitalization that vaccines provide make it a no brainer IMHO. Bradley, it DOES protect most people from getting Covid.

I am on my last day of a month vacation in Hawaii, where I lived for 38 years until 3 years ago, before I return to NH. I got my Pfizer booster here 10 days ago, the same day I got the stronger dosage geezer Flu shot, one in each arm. I am immunocompromised (CLL) as is my GF. Hawaiian Airlines strongly recommended vaccination when I departed BOS for Honolulu (nonstop). If you were unvaccinated or had no recent test your picture was taken before you went through TSA, your address in Hawaii noted, and you were required to observe 10 days of self quarantine on arrival. Every retail store here has hand sanitizer stations at their entrance and when I forgot about using one on a grocery visit, the employee at the entrance only offered a friendly smile when I retreated back out after I had passed him realizing I had forgot to sanitize. A gentle approach with aloha is a Hawaii tradition. I salute that.

Back to Beal's comments and Kyrie falls in here too: It's true these rich young men in the NBA are squeezed onto a microscope slide of a myopic, sensationalization prone press and media and they deserve some privacy. But it is everyone's responsibility to protect others from a horrible contagion. Respect your fellow humans even if you disagree with their views.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:54 pm

So, with the Irving decision by Brooklyn, is this putting other teams backs against the wall as far as allowing unvaccinated players continue to practice and play??? This is a time bomb waiting to blow up, and Kyrie is right there with his finger on the button. If one gets away with it, all should get away with it. If he sits, Richardson should sit
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Bradley Beal was very cavalier with his statement and attitude. He really disappointed me.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:07 pm

CVS is giving walk in booster Jabs. Check you local CVS Pharmacy if there is one in your area.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Rosalie, I love your posts and I apologize to all of you for being such an infrequent contributor to this forum. My sincere thanks and appreciation go to to all of you who do post regularly with all your input, whether its technical points, astute analysis, or just random opinions and gut feelings that are shared here. I consume it all with gusto and I am enriched from it. Special thanks to Bob for your incredible daily contributions.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Let me tell you, back when we were very young (some of us older folks) polio was the disease we feared. My mother in law went to bed with her son one night and the next morning she could not walk. they both had polio. No ambulance would pick her up and take her to a hospital, finally, a friend in the neighborhood took her there with his station wagon. She spent months in the hospital, in an iron lung, came home and was exercised on her dining room table daily. She never walked again, She would hold on to walls, go up and down stairs on her butt, and raised 6 children, 5 boys.

This is no joke, 700,000 people are dead right now. I bet their families wished there was a drug for their loved ones before getting so sick that nothing would help. So Bradley. grow up

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 pm

"Vaccines don't work and the world is flat"--------Bozo the clown. Getting my Pfizer booster on Friday. I had childhood asthma and am kind of attached to breathing freely. If they ever put a bounty on morons the population problem will be solved, something might be done to protect the environment, and we might get a handle on the pandemic. When I was a kid parents were more interested in the health of their children than their freedumbs. Sometimes conformity is a virtue---- not often, but sometimes.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:

hi rock

I saw some CDC data that indicates 99% of all new cases are related to the delta variant.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#variant-proportions

The Celtics have been pretty tight lipped about who was not vaccinated.  We only have one confirmed player that acknowledged he was not vaccinated.  

It is hard sometimes to believe we are going through this pandemic.  

I see this covid virus as a cat and mouse game.  All the vaccines developed were based on the original sequencing of the virus.  When I got my booster shot they told me that Pfizer has a new version of the vaccine but it has to go through the approval process.

Yes, RNA viruses mutate more quickly, so it can be a bit of a cat and mouse game. Most Covid tests do not actually distinguish between strains, but you are absolutely correct that most new cases are most likely the Delta variant. It is so disheartening to learn about the cognitive dissonance in this country regarding this and other vaccines. I am actually sympathetic to the people who really believe that either the vaccine is dangerous or Covid is not real - that is just a consequence of getting bad information. The people who are vaccinated and who understand and believe in science yet inflame the anti-vaxx sentiment for political reasons are another story...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Let me tell you, back when we were very young (some of us older folks)  polio was the disease we feared.  My mother in law went to bed with her son one night and the next morning she could not walk. they both had polio.  No ambulance would pick her up and take her to a hospital, finally, a friend in the neighborhood took her there with his station wagon. She spent months in the hospital, in an iron lung, came home and was exercised on her dining room table daily.  She never walked again,  She would hold on to walls, go up and down stairs on her butt, and raised 6 children, 5 boys.

This is no joke, 700,000 people are dead right now. I bet their families wished there was a drug for their loved ones before getting so sick that nothing would help.  So Bradley. grow up

Thank you. The discovery of antibiotics and vaccines have done more to extend the average human lifespan than anything ever. People don't remember a time, say pre-tetanus vaccines, when stepping on a rusty nail could lead to death. Or pre-antibiotics, when a simple infection could mean death. You mentioned Polio. I would argue that next to the complete eradication of small pox, the nearly complete eradication of Polio is one of the great achievements of mankind. The cognitive dissonance necessary maintain skepticism regarding vaccines must be exhausting to maintain.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:26 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So, with the Irving decision by Brooklyn, is this putting other teams backs against the wall as far as allowing unvaccinated players continue to practice and play???  This is a time bomb waiting to blow up, and Kyrie is right there with his finger on the button.  If one gets away with it, all should get away with it. If he sits, Richardson should sit

Unfortunately the agreement between the league and the players' association doesn't allow teams to require vaccination. The reason the Nets sat Kyrie is because NYC has a rule that someone who isn't vaccinated isn't allowed in a public venue, such as the arena where they play and practice. So essentially, he'd only be allowed to play away games in localities that allow unvaccinated people into their arenas, and they'd have to move practice to a private facility if they want him to participate, screwing up the rest of the team. So rather than deal with having him show up for games without having practiced, and only being around for some games, they're paying him to stay home for away games. I believe the league said that if an unvaccinated player missed home games due to non-compliance with local laws, the team didn't have to pay them (based on the Wiggins situation in SF).

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down