Magic always a class act

2 posters

Go down

Magic always a class act Empty Magic always a class act

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 am

Saw this article @ ESPN.com. Magic has always been a smart businessman after his days in the NBA. Perhaps some of the Laker posters here can fill us in the gaps on his trek. Another smart move by Magic. Realizes LAL is at a peak. Now whether it is a peak that is only a foot hill or Mt. Everest for LAL, only the next few years will tell. But as far as in my business, he clearly satisfied the cornpone maxim of Buy Low, Sell High. His comments speak volumes for his dedication to LAL and to the NBA.

Great job, Magic. The league would not be where it is today without what you and Larry did together in the 80's, breathing life back into professional basketball. I'd be willing to bet 1000 times to 1 there would be no league today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5700193
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Magic always a class act Empty Re: Magic always a class act

Post by tjmakz Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 pm

dbrown,

Good point about Magic selling his ownership share of the Lakers at a financial high point but just as much as that, I know he wants to buy his own team. There were rumors a month or so ago about Magic buying the Detroit Pistons. Magic will now be able to actively pursue becoming a majority owner of an NBA team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 am

Magic was and is a lot of things. Great team player, great big NBA guard, great ambassador to the league, great TV analyst, great business man, great motivator, great big smile. Even a Celtic fan can't not smile when they sees Magic. That's the beauty. We Celtic fans (OK, I'm speaking for myself) didn't like him on the court playing for the opposition, especially against us, because he wanted to win and knew he could win every time he stepped on the court. But he was a truly great player. We knew without him, Larry wouldn't have done what he did. And Magic would say the same about Larry. So you had to love him. The Magic smile was the kicker.

The Celtics and the Lakers. That's what the NBA is all about and will always be about. Michael and the Bulls are a very, very distant 3rd, probably not even on the list since they have been able to follow up with anything of substance after Michael. Two world class organizations winning over and over again their own way.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down