Pre-Game Jazz

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Jazz Empty Pre-Game Jazz

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:41 am

I'm posting this early mainly for tonight's game between CHI @ NYK.  Excellent chance for the Knicks to add a loss to CHI bringing them up to 9 losses and just one away from our 10.  We have to make up these games somewhere.  This isn't the most efficient way but it's all helpful.  Watch if you can or just look for the final score and do the math.  

Another thing I'm thinking about is the double teaming of Tatum.  Remember I have no formal education in basketball.  Never played anything but street ball.  And I don't know how to watch a game and pick apart each possession.  Tatum and the rest of the team seem to make this look a lot harder than it appears to the novice like myself.

Now maybe teams that are on defense know what to expect because the math says if you have two guys guarding another player, some dude is wide open.  Teams can shade and make it look like their remaining three are "guarding" our four, but it would seem to reason that if our player that has no one on him would simply move around the court once he senses the double team or just head for the basket and get wide open, good things should happen.  Tatum still thinks he can dribble out of double teams, but we've seen time and again that ship doesn't sail 9 out of 10 times.  It may be the rest of our team is to blame because every time I see a double team on Tatum, our 4 remaining are standing still watching.  

Can someone address how the double teams should be something we see maybe 3-4 times at the beginning of the season and never see again because all we get when we're double teamed is layups and And 1's?  That is, teams give up on them as a strategy because they are flat out giving up bunnies?  It appears the rest of the NBA is content with doubling up Tatum because of the 9 out of 10 turnovers or side outs that result from Tatum dribbling into these all the time.  

Anyway, just a side bar.  5-game West Coast run coming up including the Jazz and Lakers.  Portland right there at 11-11.  So this will not be an easy stretch.  I'm going to put it out there that we need to 4-1 BAM on this run or it's a total bust and we'll hop back on the Mediocre Bus to Boston.  I can't see it working out for us better any other way.  

The fireworks will start early against the Jazz solidly in 3rd in the WC @ 14-7.  Can't have a bad start on the road against a contender.  It will be over before it starts.  Are we ready to show that the BKN game was a fluke or more of the same?  Let's find out!

Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Jazz Empty Re: Pre-Game Jazz

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 am

Good news is Jaylen is resting tonight, now hopefully the training staff is not overstretching his hamstring, and tearing the injury more, this staff is the worst.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 pm

You have to stop the Jazz PNR. You have to check Ingles and Bogdanovic on the perimeter. They are not a fast breaking type of team.

They start Royce O'Neale at PF. He is only 6' 5" I do not see how they match up with our frontline. We should win that battle. Royce is a decent 3 point shooter and a good defender.

We have to move the ball on these guys. Ingles and Boggy are not particularly good on the ball defenders. They will route our guys over to Gorbert but Rob's vertical threat may eliminate help defense from Rudy.

Their main guy is Mitchell who happens to be bricking his 9 per game three point attempts but can still score in other ways as we know.

The Jazz have been off since Monday so they should be well rested.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Just noticed the spread for tonight's game.  Jazz (-Cool.  That's a blowout in Vegas.  Not good.  Maybe they can cover but that's about it.  Put me down for 0-1. Sorry, that's Jazz-8.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:04 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Just noticed the spread for tonight's game.  Jazz (-Cool.  That's a blowout in Vegas.  Not good.  Maybe they can cover but that's about it.  Put me down for 0-1.  Sorry, that's Jazz-8.  

db
Yeah I saw that spread.  Good luck betting for or against the Celtics.  A very unpredictable team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down