Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening'

+5
Shamrock1000
cowens/oldschool
Ktron
dboss
9 posters

Go down

Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening' Empty Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening'

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:35 pm

Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness
'A repetitive result is happening'

NESN by Alexandra Francisco

Ime Udoka hasn’t put it softly all season, especially after these late-game collapses Celtics fans have either become desensitized to or learned to expect.

Add another close loss to the running list Boston has racked up this season, after the New York Knicks chipped away at 25-point lead through the third and fourth to win Thursday’s game 108-105.

The buzzer-beater that sealed the deal came from R.J. Barrett, but former Celtics wing Evan Fournier shot out of his mind for a career-high 41 points against his former team. As Fournier and the Knicks really started to see things heating up, only Jayson Tatum managed to answer on offense.

Udoka pretty much called it predictable the way Boston loses games, in so many words.

“It’s been the same result and some kind of lack of mental toughness there, where something goes a little bad and we all start to drop our head everybody adds to it instead of stepping up and calming us,” Udoka said postgame.

“A repetitive result is happening. Either we’re gonna make some adjustments and get tired of it or it’s going to keep happening. So the message was short and sweet — wasn’t about the last play again — it was everything leading up to it. We needed some leadership, somebody that can calm us down and not get rattled when everything starts to go a little south and I think it snowballs between our guys. So step up or do I have to stop all our momentum and pace and call a play? So that’s what I said to them.”

No player was called out specifically, but Udoka would like to see more resolve from his team on a consistent basis.

Back to top Go down

Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening' Empty Re: Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening'

Post by dboss Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:32 pm

Udoka may want to shake up his lineup. So far he has throw a pile of horse manure against the wall and it ain't sticking.

If you want to alter the repetitive result you (the coach) has to make the changes.

A team often times reflects the personality of their coach. Mental toughness included.

Mental toughness is really about discipline.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening' Empty Re: Ime Udoka Calls Out Celtics’ Lack Of Mental Toughness - 'A repetitive result is happening'

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:24 am

Just remember that pile of horse manure was a present of both Danny and Brad in the personnel that both brought to make up the 2021-2022 team.

Quite honestly, I am now getting suspicious of ownership. They have been too quiet. If you sniff around Brad was getting fired as per a number of sources after the Brooklyn blowout to end the season. But Danny beat everyone by retiring first. Or, did he beat the firing
squad first?

In stead of cleaning house, and bringing in a new team of intelligent basketball personnel to run and coach basketball operations, they kind of went cheap and bumped Brad upstairs to take Danny's position so they would not have to eat his contract. All they had to do was hire a coach.

I think they were either too conservative in not paying for some top talent to round out the young team, or hand cuffed Danny in making some block buster trades. Remember Danny's nickname................"Trader Danny"

All I can say is something smells in the State of Denmark and it ain't cheese!!!!!!!

As an owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:18 am

As I stated on another thread. NO ONE with any competitive edge voluntarily leaves a job unfinished. Danny was a competitor on and off the court. Unfinished business is now a part of his legacy. Doubt if he wants that attached to his resume.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:25 am

Manure really? I actually think it’s more on the coach who hasn’t put the right line ups together or come up with the right strategy, especially in 4th quarters; which is the main reason we are 2-12 in games decided by 5 points or less and one of the weakest per in the 4th as everyone is outscoring us. Schroder, JRich, GWill and Al is not a bad bench. I put Al there because I don’t think he should be starting and Schroder was a 6th man of the year candidate previously.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:28 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Manure really? I actually think it’s more on the coach who hasn’t put the right line ups together or come up with the right strategy, especially in 4th quarters; which is the main reason we are 2-12 in games decided by 5 points or less and one of the weakest per in the 4th as everyone is outscoring us. Schroder, JRich, GWill and Al is not a bad bench. I put Al there because I don’t think he should be starting and Schroder was a 6th man of the year candidate previously.

I think there is some truth to this. Ime has been awfully quick to blame the players, but Cow is right, Ime is the one deciding on our line up and style of play in the 4th quarter. Maybe what he wants to do doesn't match the strengths of the personnel he was given? I don't know, but something ain't right

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:19 pm

Folks,

First Ime signed a 3-4 year contract with the Celtics.

Second, one of the things he must do is evaluate the talent given to him not only athletically but also how they function and perform under his (Ime's) system.  

This is what is going on right now between Ime and the Team.  If athletically they are not a fit and/or unable to play in Ime's system that he has devised which BTW was developed from successful system under Pop at SA, they will be gone from the team via the trade market or out right release.  

One thing Ime is not, is a fool to accept anything less by his players in terms of attitude, competitiveness. and oh yes MATURITY !  Accepting less would result in sub-par play, sub-par results and a million light years away from banner #18!  It is Ime's ASS ON THE LINE.  It would tarnish Ime's image and label him a sub-par coach and distroy his career as a coach!  He would certainly be fired if he let it go!

Now I suspect that there is a war going on psychologically between some of the players and Ime.  I also think it involves the two J's among a small group that is showing resistance to accepting a new playing style. I think Smart revealed it in his call out beginning last year with Brown, and this year with both Brown and Tatum. I believe Brad was maybe too soft and let things slide the last couple of years between the two J's.

Why Ime used the word maturity in addressing the team in general was direct and too the point without naming names, but I suspect it was aimed at both of the J's as well. Ime is dealing with a very delicate situation with star and franchise labeled players who may be bucking the coach.  But I think Brown got the message and performed very well the next game.   But time will tell.  

Funny how Perk praised Brown on his triple double and nothing towards Tatum.  One thing for sure Perk is a Celtic for life and he still very much plugged into the eco system of the Celtics, and does have his sources for information.

That being said, do not be surprised if one is moved along with others who are not succeeding to the wishes of Ime to play tough BB for 48 minutes!  It may not happen this year, but next year could be the year one or both are gone if they are not conforming to Ime's style of play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:49 pm

112288 wrote:Folks,

Second, one of the things he must do is evaluate the talent given to him not only athletically but also how they function and perform under his (Ime's) system.  

This is what is going on right now between Ime and the Team.  If athletically they are not a fit and/or unable to play in Ime's system that he has devised which BTW was developed from successful system under Pop at SA, they will be gone from the team via the trade market or out right release.  

One thing Ime is not, is a fool to accept anything less by his players in terms of attitude, competitiveness. and oh yes MATURITY !  Accepting less would result in sub-par play, sub-par results and a million light years away from banner #18!  It is Ime's ASS ON THE LINE.  It would tarnish Ime's image and label him a sub-par coach and distroy his career as a coach!  He would certainly be fired if he let it go!

Now I suspect that there is a war going on psychologically between some of the players and Ime.  I also think it involves the two J's among a small group that is showing resistance to accepting a new playing style. I think Smart revealed it in his call out beginning last year with Brown, and this year with both Brown and Tatum. I believe Brad was maybe too soft and let things slide the last couple of years between the two J's.

Why Ime used the word maturity in addressing the team in general was direct and too the point without naming names, but I suspect it was aimed at both of the J's as well. Ime is dealing with a very delicate situation with star and franchise labeled players who may be bucking the coach.  But I think Brown got the message and performed very well the next game.   But time will tell.  

Funny how Perk praised Brown on his triple double and nothing towards Tatum.  One thing for sure Perk is a Celtic for life and he still very much plugged into the eco system of the Celtics, and does have his sources for information.

That being said, do not be surprised if one is moved along with others who are not succeeding to the wishes of Ime to play tough BB for 48 minutes!  It may not happen this year, but next year could be the year one or both are gone if they are not conforming to Ime's style of play.

Drop the Mic sir. Couldn’t agree more.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:32 am

Perk talks a lot of shoot. I was happy to see Tatum take the high road in response to his uncalled-for tweet.Personally, I find it implausible that the Celtics would dump their two young stars for failure to adapt to Udoka or anyone else's system. The best coaches adapt to their personnel. Billy Martin, not Reggie Jackson , gets fired. Fortunately, their is no evidence whatsoever that such a Sophie's choice will be required. The players are doing their best to conform their games to a new system, and a new set of teammates.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:48 am

I fault myself, among others,for failing to take into account Tatum's bouts with covid, when criticizing him for his uneven play. My grandson is a freshman baller at Solano Community College. Ten days ago he was averaging 20 piints and seven rebounds. Along came covid and he could barely drag himself out of bed. He's recovering, but it's a slow, uneven process. We need to remind ourselves that players are human beings, not robots, and sometimes deserve the benefit of the doubt.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:18 am

Ktron wrote:

I don't agree. It's a players league. If there is a problem between the core and Ime, then Ime will be gone. I do agree that our players might not be a great fit for Ime's system, but seems to me moving the coach is more likely than rebuilding the team. Coaches should be able to adjust to the hand their dealt. You can debate whether or not things should be like this, but they certainly are like this

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:07 pm

jrleftfoot - I measure Tatum's performance not by how many rebounds or points you put up on the stat sheet like he did in the past, but what he is doing to meld into Ime's basketball style he wants played. So I do not care if he has an off night, I just want to see his style of play change for the better to make him a more complete player, a team oriented player.

In Tatum's case Ime is looking to change aspects of his game from run shoot, to run pass head to the basket and try to get a rebound if there is a miss. Or, run pass set a hard screen for the ball handler. I also look at the number of assists he's averaging per game. I also look at BB court judgement on the court which is very important. In the past Tatum has a tendency to play hero ball by taking too many iso plays by himself, either by taking contested 3 point shots where he should have passed the ball, to charging the basket in a clogged lane of defenders and getting stripped of the ball for a turnover.

I am fan and an observer and yet I can see Tatum's mistakes, however Smart is a player on the floor and he called Tatum and Brown out for this sort of play that I am observing, so is Ime. Funny that Brown is coming around and is conforming to this new style of play and had his first career triple double the other day.

As far as Tatum's illness goes, his illness has nothing to do with what is being asked of him to perform on the floor like pass the ball to an open man or set a screen. His 3 point shooting has regressed this year even before he got Convid. Last night he went 0 - 6 from 3 point land.

Finally, one last point, Billy Martin was fired because he was a ragging alcoholic not because he was a lousy manager. He fielded teams that were winners wherever he went to manage. I saw the game where Jackson and Martin got into a dugout fight. It was due to Jackson not running out a play. Martin was justified in going after him as Jackson had a very very big ego. As he was once quoted - "I am the straw that stirs the drink!" Now that is a person who believes in too many headlines he reads about himself and begins to believe them. Got to stay humble because as Frank Sinatra once song a line in a song - "I am flying high in April, shot down in May!"

Shamrock 1000 - You use the phrase "a players league", is that a cliche you decided to use, because it has been overused and miss interrupted for years. Basketball strategy has changed over the last decade and in my opinion not for the better. It was not changed because players said so, it was changed due to the introduction of data analytics that entered into the game and being used to dictate how the game is played. A few examples that Stevens used while coaching the Celtics was his strategy of wanting 100 shots taken during a game. The stats showed that the probability of winning a game was higher if you put up 100 shots. Another example was his wanting as many 3 point shots as possible, because the odds favor you to outscore your opponent if you do that.

My belief is that this current style of play based on what is being used (analytics), and is destroying the fine art of the game of basketball and destroying the product. Half the time I turn off a game I am watching if all I see on every play is 3 pints being jacked up by both teams.

Most coaches now have turned to this as a pathway to winning, while other coaches have stayed to the old tried "old school" basketball, but that group is dwindling.

So I feel the players are being feed this crap and they are being told to perform accordingly. What happens to all players who are not taught the finer points of how to play basketball, is when they go to another team and are asked to play "old School" basketball, they cannot. Why? Because they were never taught the true fundamentals first, second they may cop an attitude towards the coach and not believe in what he is teaching and requiring players to perform.

That is probably what is occurring with the Celtics now.

I will end by saying, a team is not a team unless you have rules and authority, just as a country is not a country without laws!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:42 pm

112288 wrote:jrleftfoot - I measure Tatum's performance not by how many rebounds or points you put up on the stat sheet like he did in the past, but what he is doing to meld into Ime's basketball style he wants played. So I do not care if he has an off night, I just want to see his style of play change for the better to make him a more complete player, a team oriented player.

In Tatum's case Ime is looking to change aspects of his game from run shoot, to run pass head to the basket and try to get a rebound if there is a miss.  Or, run pass set a hard screen for the ball handler.  I also look at the number of assists he's averaging per game.  I also look at BB court judgement on the court which is very important.  In the past Tatum has a tendency to play hero ball by taking too many iso plays by himself, either by taking contested 3 point shots where he should have passed the ball, to charging the basket in a clogged lane of defenders and getting stripped of the ball for a turnover.

I am fan and an observer and yet I can see Tatum's mistakes, however Smart is a player on the floor and he called Tatum and Brown out for this sort of play that I am observing, so is Ime.  Funny that Brown is coming around and is conforming to this new style of play and had his first career triple double the other day.  

As far as Tatum's illness goes, his illness has nothing to do with what is being asked of him to perform on the floor like pass the ball to an open man or set a screen.  His 3 point shooting has regressed this year even before he got Convid.  Last night he went 0 - 6 from 3 point land.

Finally, one last point, Billy Martin was fired because he was a ragging alcoholic not because he was a lousy manager.  He fielded teams that were winners wherever he went to manage.  I saw the game where Jackson and Martin got into a dugout fight.  It was due to Jackson not running out a play.  Martin was justified in going after him as Jackson had a very very big ego.  As he was once quoted - "I am the straw that stirs the drink!"  Now that is a person who believes in too many headlines he reads about himself and begins to believe them.  Got to stay humble because as Frank Sinatra once song a line in a song - "I am flying high in April, shot down in May!"

Shamrock 1000 - You use the phrase "a players league", is that a cliche you decided to use, because it has been overused and miss interrupted  for years.  Basketball strategy has changed over the last decade and in my opinion not for the better.  It was not changed because players said so, it was changed due to the introduction of data analytics that entered into the game and being used to dictate how the game is played.  A few examples that Stevens used while coaching the Celtics was his strategy of wanting 100 shots taken during a game.  The stats showed that the probability of winning a game was higher if you put up 100 shots.  Another example was his wanting as many 3 point shots as possible, because the odds favor you to outscore your opponent if you do that.

My belief is that this current style of play based on what is being used (analytics), and is destroying the fine art of the game of basketball and destroying the product.  Half the time I turn off a game I am watching if all I see on every play is 3 pints being jacked up by both teams.

Most coaches now have turned to this as a pathway to winning, while other coaches have stayed to the old tried "old school" basketball, but that group is dwindling.

So I feel the players are being feed this crap and they are being told to perform accordingly. What happens to all players who are not taught the finer points of how to play basketball, is when they go to another team and are asked to play "old School" basketball, they cannot.  Why?  Because they were never taught the true fundamentals first, second they may cop an attitude towards the coach and not believe in what he is teaching and requiring players to perform.

I will end by saying, a team is not a team unless you have rules and authority, just as a country is not a country without laws!

You're conflating two entirely separate issues - analytics/style of play has nothing to do with the fact that it's a "player's league". I'm sorry if you find that term a cliche, but remember, phrases become cliches because they effectively describe something. Regardless of style of play, it is indeed a player's league. It's simple economics; great players are not only harder to find than great coaches, they contribute more to winning games. That is why the highest paid coach, Pop, makes 11 million and the highest paid players make 45 million. Obviously owners are going to tend to take care of their most valuable assets, i.e. the players. It would be much easier to replace Ime than Tatum or Brown. You might not like it, but that is the way it is.

I don't get a sense that Tatum or Brown or anyone is resisting Ime's coaching. Tatum is definitely dishing out more assists this year. He is also going to the basket more often. Unfortunately, JT is just not great at either. He is getting better as a passer, but he still tends to throw some head scratchers. Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that JT just isn't great at driving to the basket. He just looks - I don't know - slightly out of control when driving??? He doesn't seem to have the body control/body-positional-awareness that great drivers do (e.g. Pierce and maybe Jaylen to an extent).

Obviously Ime came from the Pop tree, so he will implement Pop-like systems. However, Pop was flexible - the way the early Duncan spurs played was different from the way the late Duncan/Leonard spurs played. Could coaches figure out what their players do best and put them in a position to succeed (sorry for another cliche). I haven't seen that from Ime, but he is still learning too. so I am not on the "blame Ime" bandwagon. I am more on the "it's really difficult to win when your two leaders and best players are under 25" bandwagon. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Ime get a little more out of this team.

I never suggested players drove the evolution of the 3-point game. It was analytics guys that drove that trend, so that's a strawman argument. Regarding analytics - unless they change the rules, teams would be foolish not to focus on taking 3s. I personally prefer the older game, but it can't win in the long run over the 3-based game. It's simple math. The only way to push the game back to how it used to be played would be to change the rules. They could move the 3-point line back even further to reduce the efficiency of the 3-point shot, but 1) how do you deal with corner 3s, where there isn't much room to move the line back, and 2) players would just become better shooters. I would love to see them implement a limit on the number of 3-point shots a team could take. Once that limit was reached, additional shots beyond the arc are only worth 2-points. That might make the game more interesting in that teams could no longer just jack up 3s or pass the ball around the perimeter until a 3 opens up. Also, can you imagine the strategic considerations if there were a limit on 3s?? That would be interesting.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Shamrock

So interesting points you raise to change the game. No I did not imply that players changed the game when it concerned 3 pt shooting, it was the white shirts sitting in the presidents box who started that trend.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Shamrock

So interesting points you raise to change the game.  No I did not imply that players changed the game when it concerned  3 pt shooting, it was the white shirts sitting in the presidents box who started that trend.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:37 pm

Rock

It is definitely a Players' League.  A coach can still have a profound impact on the team.

JT and JB have a tremendous amount of respect for coach Udoka.  From a fan's point of view we may not see it because of the repetitive nature of poor play.  Ime looks like the guy who can and will guide them to that next level of play.

Brad has not filled up his toolbox with all the needed options.  In the meantime Ime continues to coach up this team.  We do have to give him the space to experiment and to become a better coach.  While I will always point out oddities from a fans' perspective, I am 100% on board with Ime.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:39 pm

112288 wrote:jrleftfoot - I measure Tatum's performance not by how many rebounds or points you put up on the stat sheet like he did in the past, but what he is doing to meld into Ime's basketball style he wants played. So I do not care if he has an off night, I just want to see his style of play change for the better to make him a more complete player, a team oriented player.

In Tatum's case Ime is looking to change aspects of his game from run shoot, to run pass head to the basket and try to get a rebound if there is a miss.  Or, run pass set a hard screen for the ball handler.  I also look at the number of assists he's averaging per game.  I also look at BB court judgement on the court which is very important.  In the past Tatum has a tendency to play hero ball by taking too many iso plays by himself, either by taking contested 3 point shots where he should have passed the ball, to charging the basket in a clogged lane of defenders and getting stripped of the ball for a turnover.

I am fan and an observer and yet I can see Tatum's mistakes, however Smart is a player on the floor and he called Tatum and Brown out for this sort of play that I am observing, so is Ime.  Funny that Brown is coming around and is conforming to this new style of play and had his first career triple double the other day.  

As far as Tatum's illness goes, his illness has nothing to do with what is being asked of him to perform on the floor like pass the ball to an open man or set a screen.  His 3 point shooting has regressed this year even before he got Convid.  Last night he went 0 - 6 from 3 point land.

Finally, one last point, Billy Martin was fired because he was a ragging alcoholic not because he was a lousy manager.  He fielded teams that were winners wherever he went to manage.  I saw the game where Jackson and Martin got into a dugout fight.  It was due to Jackson not running out a play.  Martin was justified in going after him as Jackson had a very very big ego.  As he was once quoted - "I am the straw that stirs the drink!"  Now that is a person who believes in too many headlines he reads about himself and begins to believe them.  Got to stay humble because as Frank Sinatra once song a line in a song - "I am flying high in April, shot down in May!"

Shamrock 1000 - You use the phrase "a players league", is that a cliche you decided to use, because it has been overused and miss interrupted  for years.  Basketball strategy has changed over the last decade and in my opinion not for the better.  It was not changed because players said so, it was changed due to the introduction of data analytics that entered into the game and being used to dictate how the game is played.  A few examples that Stevens used while coaching the Celtics was his strategy of wanting 100 shots taken during a game.  The stats showed that the probability of winning a game was higher if you put up 100 shots.  Another example was his wanting as many 3 point shots as possible, because the odds favor you to outscore your opponent if you do that.

My belief is that this current style of play based on what is being used (analytics), and is destroying the fine art of the game of basketball and destroying the product.  Half the time I turn off a game I am watching if all I see on every play is 3 pints being jacked up by both teams.

So I feel the players are being feed this crap and they are being told to perform accordingly. What happens to all players who are not taught the finer points of how to play basketball, is when they go to another team and are asked to play "old School" basketball, they cannot.  Why?  Because they were never taught the true fundamentals first, second they may cop an attitude towards the coach and not believe in what he is teaching and requiring players to perform.

112288                                                                                                    I made two points, both of which I'm sticking by. 1. In the unlikely case that the Jays can't play under Ime, he is far more likely to go than they are. 2. Tatum's play may very well be affected by his body's reponse to covid. Evidently you disagree with those two points, which is, obviously, your perogative. I think you may have taken the Billy Martin reference a bit too literally. Having been a Yankee fan all my life, I know his sad saga very well. If I wanted to nitpick, I could say that that that raging alcoholic was the authority figure under your construction. Coaches don't make "laws." They create systems that are either successful or not. I hope and expect that the Celtics will be successful under Udoka, but if they aren't, I doubt very seriously that either of their center-pieces will be the reason, nor that the front office will construe it that way. Again I may be wrong. We'll see.

jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:59 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Billy Martin, not Reggie Jackson , gets fired.

And Martin sure got fired (and hired) a lot!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:05 am

NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Billy Martin, not Reggie Jackson , gets fired.

And Martin sure got fired (and hired) a lot!
                           Yep. I lost count.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:31 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktron wrote:

I don't agree. It's a players league. If there is a problem between the core and Ime, then Ime will be gone. I do agree that our players might not be a great fit for Ime's system, but seems to me moving the coach is more likely than rebuilding the team. Coaches should be able to adjust to the hand their dealt. You can debate whether or not things should be like this, but they certainly are like this
No kidding. It’s not up for debate. It tis what it tis. Lets fire the coach after 40 games. Cant say I’m not surprised but I think its absurd that that word has even come up.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Ktron wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktron wrote:

No kidding. It’s not up for debate. It tis what it tis. Lets  fire the coach after 40 games. Cant say I’m not surprised but I think its absurd that that word has even come up.

Not sure who said fire the coach. I certainly didn't. My comments were in response to another poster suggesting management would move JT or JB if Ime felt like they weren't falling in line. I won't reiterate my reasoning. Regardless of whether or not we like it, unresolvable conflict between coaches and stars in the NBA almost always ends with the coach being fired. I don't see any major problems between Ime and the players - hell, they pretty much picked him. So I'm certainly not calling for Ime's head. As I said in another post, I'm on the "it's hard to win when your two best players and team leaders are under 25" bandwagon.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:15 pm

A win tonight and tomorrow night will go a VERY long way to how well the players heeded Ime's call for mental toughness. I don't want to say I don't care if they win or lose but just play like you mean it because we've blown so many games now to the halfway point of the season. Winning is now at a premium and must be done far more consistently and at an almost break-neck clip/pace to make up for lost ground we wasted through 42 games. We dug this grave, we can dig out of it.

Always a pessimistically optimistic realist! Hey, they made me this way!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktron wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktron wrote:

No kidding. It’s not up for debate. It tis what it tis. Lets  fire the coach after 40 games. Cant say I’m not surprised but I think its absurd that that word has even come up.

Not sure who said fire the coach. I certainly didn't. My comments were in response to another poster suggesting management would move JT or JB if Ime felt like they weren't falling in line. I won't reiterate my reasoning. Regardless of whether or not we like it, unresolvable conflict between coaches and stars in the NBA almost always ends with the coach being fired. I don't see any major problems between Ime and the players - hell, they pretty much picked him. So I'm certainly not calling for Ime's head. As I said in another post, I'm on the "it's hard to win when your two best players and team leaders are under 25" bandwagon.
True that. I know you didn’t intimate that Ime should be fired. Others out there in Twitter land and other sites have alluded to that. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm

dbrown4 wrote:

Always a pessimistically optimistic realist!  Hey, they made me this way!  

db  

😀

Aiming to make the rest of us feel jealous?

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:12 pm

Hey, there's plenty of room at the top, prakash!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down