MustangGator
sinus007
Sam
beat
jeb
cowens/oldschool
11 posters

Go down

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!! Empty IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Post by 112288 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:48 am

A RITUAL OF AUTUMN

New England in fall repose, with its countryside abound in the brilliant color of autumn splendor, as greens turn into pumpkin orange or fiery red maples, slightly hidden by touches of cannery yellows that still cling to those river white birch trees.

But as the color of green begins to leave its rightful thrown atop those majestic trees, it begins to reappear almost serendipity like upon other majestic objects that too tower above this good ground. Worn like battle armor from the knights of old, in the form of a sweater with a shamrock attached and a blessing from St Patrick too.

From '46 they have always reappeared, each autumn in a place they call Boston, in the Garden of Eve. But oh our color Green, was it not for a tinge of "Red" that produced our Mighty Pride, would we have disappeared right before our eyes?

So hear ye hear ye let it be known from this day forth………from Bunker Hill to Springfield and Down East Maine as well, and to all of those who call it their nation .....Celtic Nation is again on the rise!

Back to top Go down

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!! Empty Re: IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am

Amen brother!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:44 pm

The Lakes are brutal, the Heat are laden with superstars, the SPurs are wise dangerous elders and the Magic remain deep and young as are the Thunder with the best player in the nba.

Tough obstacles to overcome.

But I tell you this fellow forum geeks. We are in the hunt and a valid threat to win the whole thing this year. Quite a blessing.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Jeb

I don't quite feel that way at all. I think we are ahead of all of them right now. Seems those others have a lot to prove yet and of course so do we but in watching at least some of their pre season and most of ours I like the shape we are in better than those others.

Looooooooooooooooooooong season we all know that!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Beat

I feel good too. Serious depth and so much more scoring and rebounding. But there are some serious speed bumps out there. The most serious? Kobe damn Bryant and the Lakes.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:27 pm

There are so many new variables and unknowns in the league that it's probably quite premature to have more than hope that the Celtics will be major contenders. The play of Jermaine will be key, as will the health of KG, Shaq and Marquis. And that's just for starters. Will Glen Davis explode or implode? (I'm expecting he'll explore, but he's a little unpredictable.) Same with Nate. Is Erden the real deal?

So far, there have been periods during which both the starters and the bench have looked almost unbeatable, as well as times when they looked the opposite. How often can we count of the former rather than the latter?

As with last season, one of the best things they have going for them, especially as it relates to chemistry, is that they're basically a combination of highly motivated veterans. Last season, I think Sheed might have tempered the motivation a bit. I hope there will be no such bumps in the road this season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Sam

I concur on SHeed. Got to get that o8 unity back. It's doable.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi,
Of course it's doable. As I see it there're only 2 major issues: health and jel.
The first one we can only hope for, especially for the 3 main "suspects": O'Neals and Daniels.
The second one, I believe, shouldn't be an issue. The core of the team remains the same. The key newcomers, O'Neals and DW, showed already that they're ready to do whatever it takes to win it all.
So, Messrs. Celtics, let's do it!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:36 am

I believe if the Celtics stay healthy, they will be scary dangerous, for opponents of course. The Celtics now will have so much more options down low that most teams, if not all, will have a hard time to contend with. Then mid season, if Perk comes back healthy, it will almost be like getting a quality mid season free agent to imrove the roster. He will be rested for the final 1/2 - 1/3 of the season. I would definately like to see a repeat of last years finals. If health does not detour either of our teams, I think it is a probability. I still am not buying into the Heat. They will be good, but not championship good, IMO.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:09 pm

always good to hear from out West, MG, and appreciate that you can support the C's and their chances while your heart beats for the purple and gold.
wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up - to see that we're facing each other yet again ? !!!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm enjoying the preseason, looking forward to the regular season, and have a hunch I'm going to love the post season. Ups, downs, and all arounds, let's hope we are playing in mid June!

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks Michael.

A repeat would be nice. Especially since that would include leaving the Heat out of the championship picture. I do think the Celtics will have a tougher time getting to the finals than the Lakers. Only because the top of the east looks to be tougher than the west, IMO.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm

The Lakers only clear fear should be OKL as far as the west goes. I just don't know if OKL has enough to get over the hump. The Lakers masterfully pulled off that series in 6. But with the Laker improvements and OKL only getting a year older/better enough to favor OKL in 7? Right now, I'm gonig to have to say no. But you have to love their crowd. Very collegish environment. They did scare the crap out of the Lakers, even tj will have to admit. When you have to bank on only home court for winning the series, things get kind of shaky. And homecourt in LA ain't homecourt in Boston. Believe us, we know, we've been down that path in '08.

As for us, I'll expect a completely different season and team compared to the previous 3 and I shouldn't be disappointed. We will know by June whether the moves, twists and turns were enough to put us over the 4 point, Final Game 7 hump. Maybe this season, injuries won't spell our doom, Rondo will go 240-300 from mid-range and Shaq will go 80% from the line. Just a slight tweek is all we need. It will be entertaining, though!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Dbrown

Shaq has as much a chance of going 80% from the line as Bron winning sportsman of the year in Cleveland!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Hey, beat, now wait a minute! Shaq did go 4-5 recently from the line! One can only hope that was the beginning of a career altering trend!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Tomorrow Night the Boston Celtics officially launch their 2010-11 season with a marquee matchup against Miami Heat. Ticket prices are off the chart. The hype has been building ever since James and Bosh joined their buddy Dwayne to once and for all attempt to be the best team in the east and compete for a championship against the West.

The Heat have a lot to prove. Neither Wade or James have been able to carry their teams to the championship (except for when Shaq helped Wade get one) Bosh has always been on the outside looking in while playing a small market Toronto team North of the boarder.
But already this team will be forced to adjust with the injury to Miller and the what’s left signing of Stackhouse, the 35 year old veteran.
So do I think this team has enough to get out of the east alive let along win a championship?
Not this year.

To begin with undersized 6’9” center Joel Anthony cannot check the big boys in Boston and will pale when he goes up against superman Dwight Howard. Zeke is the bU and he will probably be in and out of the starting lineup as the heat struggle to find a reliable anchor in the middle.

At point guard neither Chalmers or Arroyo qualify as top of the line PG’s
Eddie House brings his quick trigger to South beach but we all know he is no PG and is also challenged defensively.

Haslem is a solid yet unspectacular BU at PF and filling the roster out with Juan Howard and a few other has-beens just doesn’t give them the type of depth needed to compete.

The Celtics chances appear to be dependent on maintaining a healthy rotation and the return of Perkins. Overall the depth on the Celtics rivals any team that I can think of in recent or distant memory. The Celtics are loaded from top to bottom. Doc will again maneuver this group through the ups and downs of a grueling and unpredictable season. Shaq and JON will probably miss some games, other guys will get banged up and require some time off but this should not prevent Boston from being the top team in the east. The young guys on this team like Rondo, West, Robinson and Davis should be able to provide enough endurance to carry the team through those tough road trips and back to back games.

Overall I am extremely confident that the Celtics will meet and exceed my expectations. I look for Boston to smoke the competition early and establish themselves as the team to beat down the stretch.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm

dbrown

Just a quick check of the career stats for Shaq.

He is a career .528 foul shooter. Best season was .622 (02-03)worst .422(06-07)
for his playoff career he's at .501
In college he shot .575

He has missed a little over 5100 foul shots in his career as a pro.

Perk is a career .61 foul shooter, with about 1/17th the attempts as Shaq. 640 to 10896

I do realize that his importance to the team will be rebounding (both ends) outletting, inside scoring and interior defense. He can draw fouls and get others in foul trouble. We'll just have to get used to some clanks off the rim.

I'd love to see 60% from the line for him.

I'd also love a winter on the Tug Hill without 10' of snow too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:23 pm

DAMMIT BEAT let us have our false preseason hope! Shaq 's gonna shoot 75%
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Jeb

After 20+ years college and pro......................

I just hope he gets to the line 500-600 times, that means he's playing and he's healthy.
By the way the most attempts he's ever had in one year is 972 least was last year in Cleve with 226.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:32 pm

you realist are no fun during preseason...Sheeds gonn fir perfect! We are gonna win 70!

I know he will get to the line often i hope he can make enough when it counts to stay on the floor.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm

The quiet before the storm, see you tomorrow night!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 pm

.....I'll be there

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:.....I'll be there

I was counting on you...... and a whole bunch of other fanatics! Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 am

I can't wait. Tomorrow I will have a split personality. First I will be cheering for the green, then immediately following the Celtics game, a shift will take place towards the purple and gold. Go Celtics, Go Lakers!

Wow that sounds confusing.

Good luck men, and Rosalie.

MG

MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down