Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas

+3
bobheckler
Ktron
wideclyde
7 posters

Go down

Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas Empty Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas

Post by wideclyde Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:09 am

With three open spots on the roster NOW is the time to bring back Isaiah Thomas!

Yes, i know that he will not add anything to the C's defense and might not be able to even add anything on the offensive
end, but in my opinion, he is well worth a 10 day contract just to see if he can bring any of his magic back to Boston.

It is likely that it will take the Cs ten days to fill out their three roster spots so if Thomas is brought in on a ten day deal
he can either be dumped at the end of his mini contract if he doesn't fit or could be kept for the stretch run if he can find
a way to fit in and make a contribution.

I am not a professional general manager, but I do know that there are times that the "feel good" opportunities just doesn't work,
but this time I fully believe that it could/should happen.

I am not sure what they would have to pay him for the last part of the season, but I will guess that said money could be delivered
in a small gym bag and not the Brinks truck.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas Empty Re: Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:59 pm

WTH is wrong with this team? They must hate IT. I mean thats the way he’s been treated. We could really use him. Get him inherenow!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas Empty Re: Perfect Time and Place for Isaiah Thomas

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Clyde,

First of all, and most importantly, welcome back!

I'm in favor of IT coming back too. I don't know wtf is going on in Brad's head, I am as confident as I can be that IT would take a veteran's minimum contract to get back into the NBA.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:22 pm

This team is built on defense and IT provides a target for the other team to exploit whenever he plays. If he no longer has the ability to make up the loss on the other end, it is a net loss. That could be what team management thinks about the issue.

I agree that it is a feel-good idea on the emotional side, but not so logical on the basketball success side.

If the season was lost and we were just riding around in a tank, I'd say why not? Neither are the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Gyso

You are correct.

But our past experience impacts the present.

I have no idea if IT could give us some offense.  He has always been a defensive liability becauae he is Short.  

Nevertheless, it would be a good story for Celtics lore.  The fans would love it and just maybe he comes in and knocks down a needed shot.

His impact would be limited but it is not like the tail end of this roster will ever be remembered.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Pritchard is never going to make an all defense team anytime in his career and he too is short and gets abused.
I do understand the thinking as far as giving something up on the defensive end and that could be their thinking. However, IT can make up for his lack of D because he still can fill it up with a quickness. And…a good coach can hide him on D the few minutes he will get being out there. I say its worth a shot. (Pardon the pun)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:29 pm

Tyreke Evans just got reinstated. Thoughts?

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:51 am

BobH just had a "be still my heart" minute. Tyreke was always one of his favorite players. Wonder what kind of shape he is in? How old is he?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:12 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:BobH just had a "be still my heart" minute.  Tyreke was always one of his favorite players. Wonder what kind of shape he is in? How old is he?

Rosalie,

He's 32, but he's a young 32 because he just gave his body 2 years off (not because he was being nice to it, but...).  He was an athletic freak, very right-sized at 6'5"+ without shoes and a 6'11" wingspan.  One of the most dynamic full court players of the last 10 years.  SO tough to stop going north-south.  What he's been doing with himself for the last 2 years is anybody's guess.  If he hasn't been a complete slacker he's probably going to end up on someone's bench.  He's a proven veteran who had an "self-entitlement problem" which has probably abated after these past two years in exile.

Off the internet:
He played for the Pacers when his ban was handed down. It's not clear what substance he was banned for, but the penalty fell under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement's "drug of abuse" policy rather than its performance-enhancing drug policy.

Per the CBA, drugs of abuse include:

• Amphetamine and its analogs (including, but not limited to, methamphetamine and MDMA)

• Cocaine

• LSD

• Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, Morphine)

• Phencyclidine (PCP)

He asked for reinstatement, and it was granted.  Presumably a drug test was, or will be, applied to verify that he is clean.  He also must know that, at 32, this is his last shot.  If he F's this up, between Father Time and the league, he won't be able to come back again.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down