My lord
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Slam Dud Contest  Empty Re: Slam Dud Contest

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:33 pm

dboss wrote:Just dunk the damn ball!

My lord
I usually make it a point to not watch the All Star game and the Slam Dunk contest. Somehow i ended up watching the dunk contest last night and it was a joke. My Lord, More misses than dunks.
They’re all 8 ft tall and can dunk the ball so what’s the big deal? Ive seen everyone of those dunks last night numerous times.
I realize the fans like it but in my opinion that and the skills challenge should be extradited out of the country-for good.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 am

I’ve always thought that the All-Star game and it’s side contests aren’t for us. They’re for the young fans growing their love of the game.

That being said, I used to find the dunk and 3 point contests were the only things entertaining enough to watch over All-Star weekend.

In recent years, however, these contests have mostly fallen on their face. Yes, dunking a basketball, at least beyond a basic slam, takes a high degree of athleticism. But there used to be some showmanship in the dunk contest. Where is Gerald Green, blowing out a candle on a cupcake propped on the rim, before dunking? The best dunkers and shooters mostly decline to participate anyway. The freak show of borderline celebrities all over the floor, surrounding the court, only adds an element of buffoonery to the whole thing.

All-Star weekend has joined the NFL All—Star game as a waste of time in my opinion. That’s a shame. Young fans deserve better.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:33 pm

NYCelt wrote:I’ve always thought that the All-Star game and it’s side contests aren’t for us. They’re for the young fans growing their love of the game.

That being said, I used to find the dunk and 3 point contests were the only things entertaining enough to watch over All-Star weekend.

In recent years, however, these contests have mostly fallen on their face. Yes, dunking a basketball, at least beyond a basic slam, takes a high degree of athleticism. But there used to be some showmanship in the dunk contest. Where is Gerald Green, blowing out a candle on a cupcake propped on the rim, before dunking? The best dunkers and shooters mostly decline to participate anyway. The freak show of borderline celebrities all over the floor, surrounding the court, only adds an element of buffoonery to the whole thing.

All-Star weekend has joined the NFL All—Star game as a waste of time in my opinion. That’s a shame. Young fans deserve better.

So true. I still like the 3 pt contest. However, it’s beginning to look like they’re getting ready to turn that one worthwhile event into a circus too.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down