One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed)

+2
dbrown4
Ktron
6 posters

Go down

One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed) Empty One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed)

Post by Ktron Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:26 am

Kyrie Irving wants Celtics to show his Garden highlights, have fans move forward from his ‘Boston era’
Updated: Apr. 15, 2022, 4:37 p.m. | Published: Apr. 15, 2022, 4:18 p.m

Kyrie Irving has not received a warm welcome from Boston fans ever since going back on his preseason declaration on his plans to re-sign with the team in the summer of 2019.

Irving’s remarks about Boston and a stomp on the team’s center court logo during last year’s postseason series created plenty of controversies. However as Irving and the Nets set to prepare for a first round rematch with Boston starting Sunday at TD Garden, Irving is hoping everyone can feel more positively about his two years.

In his media availability with reporters on Friday, Irving addressed his hope about his relationship with Celtics fans instead of serving as a villain for the series.

“It’s been three years now,” Irving said. “Hopefully, probably by the fourth year or after this series, we can be done talking about the past time and what happened there. For me, I definitely don’t want to focus on anything other than what’s going on with our team. Don’t want to focus on the fans; don’t want to focus on any of the extra stuff outside of my control. The environment’s going to be the environment. I’m looking forward to it. It’s just going in there with a sharp focus, fearless attitude and just stay to our team principles, and just live with the results.

I just hope we can move past kind of my Boston era, and just reflect on some of the highlights I left at TD Garden that they can replay. And just move forward. New paradigm,
It is a curious stance by Irving on the heels of him reflecting on his constant boos during his last visit to the TD Garden in March.
“I know it’s going to be like that the rest of my career coming in here. It’s like the scorned girlfriend who wants an explanation on why I left, but still hoping for a text back,” Irving said. “I’m just like, it was fun while it lasted.”

Irving will be entertaining unfamiliar territory upon arriving in Boston as an underdog in a first round series for the first time in his career for the No. 7 seed Nets.

While there will likely be no love lost between the Garden crowd and Irving during Game 1 on Sunday, current members of the Celtics hold no bad blood towards their former teammate.

“Off the court, me and Kyrie might have started off with a lot of bumps in the road,” Jaylen Brown told NBC Sports Boston on Thursday. “But as of lately, Kyrie is somebody that I’ve connected with. Somebody that I call a friend, a brother. Somebody that calls me to pick my brain at this point.

“It wasn’t like that when we played together. We bumped heads a lot. But it’s funny now in hindsight. Kyrie, he talks to me, hits me up all the time and our relationship has grown a lot since then.”
Brian Robb

Riddle me this Ki Ki-
HOW DOES ONE SUGGESTS MOVING PAST AN ERA AND ASK FOR PAST REPLAY HIGHLIGHTS AT THE SAME TIME ????

KTRON

Ktron

Back to top Go down

One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed) Empty Re: One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed)

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:34 am

Check my math, but in the 6 sentences uttered by Kryrie.  8 times he uses "I" or "me" references.  Only 2 references to his current team.

OK, so I was bored, but you get the picture.  I hope we completely dismantle everything Kryrie and give him the Yips.  He's well on his way.

ME team

db

P.S.  Kyrie?  Trust us when we say, we love you just the way you are and where you are!!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed) Empty Re: One more Kyrie ditty to kick this thang off (then forget he ever existed)

Post by Pumpsie Green Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:51 am

dbrown4 wrote:Check my math, but in the 6 sentences uttered by Kryrie.  8 times he uses "I" or "me" references.  Only 2 references to his current team.

OK, so I was bored, but you get the picture.  I hope we completely dismantle everything Kryrie and give him the Yips.  He's well on his way.

ME team

db

P.S.  Kyrie?  Trust us when we say, we love you just the way you are and where you are!!!

I don't love Kyrie. He is a divisive schmuck. He was divisive here and he is divisive in Brooklyn too. As I recall he was divisive in Cleveland when he didn't want to share the stage with LeBron.
Brooklyn isn't far enough away. Another planet would be much preferred.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Have to agree with you there, Pumpsie. Let's just hope he implodes on himself and black holes BKN right along with him!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:02 pm

i agree about being on another planet, preferably one of those other flat ones. And at its edge, where he can jump off.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:31 pm

Clearly, Boston fans are dancing inside the head of Kyrie Irving.  

I say let it continue.  I say let him have it.  This ain't about Celtics fans moving on.  It is about Celtics fans being who they have always been.  If anybody does not want to get booed and jeered at and humiliated, stay the f home.  

Under no circumstances should Celtics fans cut him any slack!  As a matter of fact they need to amp it up to a playoff level.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:37 pm

dboss,

The two (near) commas in their paychecks more than over-compensates for any booing, jeering and/or humiliation Kryrie may receive. Grab a glass of shut the hell up, Kryrie. If you were playing for free, I'd completely understand. But you're not. Nowhere close.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:10 pm

One of the HOF great lines on this site: "Grab a glass of shut the hell up..."
Kudos, dbrown.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:16 am

Thanks, worcester. But I can't claim that one. I believe that is from a Ben Stiller movie! But it is appropriate!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down