Hoop Trivia

2 posters

Go down

Hoop Trivia Empty Hoop Trivia

Post by beat Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Although created in 1926, the Harlem Globetrotters never actually played a game in Harlem until what year?

Last edited by beat on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Hoop Trivia Empty Re: Hoop Trivia

Post by Sam Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

A year before the Great Balloon Massacre..

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Almost made it an hour!

Thought it was interesting.

And somewhere in the archives of "stuff" I have an 8x10 autograph photo of Meadowlark Lemon.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Beat,

Did you or anyone else see Goose Tatum with the Globetrotters. He was the original "Clown Prince of Basketball" and a major reason why Abe Saperstein's Globetrotters became a going entity. I believe Meadowlark replaced Goose, who died in 1967. I'm not sure whether anyone else preceded Meadowlark.

n the movie about the Globetrotters, it showed Goose with a basket on the wall behind his bed, and I believe he practiced until he could flip the ball through while hardly rippling the strings.

I've only seen Meadowlark two or three times, but I used to see Goose more often. The Celtics and used to play doubleheaders with the Globetrotter playing the first game.

In Wikopedia, it notes that he was said to have had an 84" wingspan (without being all that tall) and could touch his kneecaps without bending.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 am

Sam

First time I saw theme in person I was 12 or so and it was at a Watertown High School. Nope never saw Goose. Memory is a little clouded but I do know that Meadowlark and Curly Neal were there.

Years later we had them at College and I had the best seat in the house running the clock. Got the autographs of those 2 and a few others. Meadowlark was my favorite. He seemed like he so much enjoyed making people smile and laugh. And the water bucket routine that night, it actually had water in it. A few more people than intended got wet.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down