Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

+4
worcester
bobheckler
dbrown4
dboss
8 posters

Go down

Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:54 am

G3 on Saturday night is sure to be a thriller.

The Nets will come up and  play tough physical defense.  The Celtics will need to absorb that initial burst, settle themselves down and go right back to the screw tightening protocols.

The Celtics defense travels well so I fully expect them to survive behind enemy lines.

There are things that we can tighten up.  

We really need to watch our turnovers (14 in both games) and thus limit their run out opportunities.  They had 19 points off turnovers while we had just 8. Our best offense is characterized by spacing, great ball movement and attacking them off the bounce.  

The Nets cannot and will not play defense for the entire game.  

Jayson Tatum is due for a big game.  However I think that at the offset he can be a primary playmaker because you just know that all eyes will be on him.  He can pick apart their defense by feeding our open shooters.  They will be forced to give him more space.  He just needs to be turnover free in the process.

There were too many times in the last game when we played great defense only to give up an offensive rebound or lose out on gaining those 50/50 possessions.  During our G2 4th QTR comeback, we were more energized in how we controlled extra  possessions by them and that is why we won that game.

To put this in perspective they had one more possession than we did (76-75)  They got 9 offensive rebounds to 7 for us.  

These are cleanup items that will ultimately secure our Game 3 victory.

All the drama surrounding the Nets team must not distract our team from the task at hand.  Their season is hanging by a thin thread and we are going to snip that thread tomorrow night.  

One more thought.  The confidence level of the Celtics is sky high especially for guys like Grant Williams and Peyton Pritchard.  It's time for Derrick White to join in.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:08 pm

DW is due for sure. So it's official to put dboss on the books for G3 victory?!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Nets Round 1, Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Sam Vecenie @Sam_Vecenie
The Celtics have gotten so much shoot throughout the last few years regarding their drafting. Now look where they are. Jayson/Jaylen killing. Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard stepping up HUGE as role players. Smart is DPOY. Rob Williams had a breakout season. – 9:52 PM

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:45 pm

I've said this on other threads but BKN can receive no hope in G3.  

We have yet to see the Celtics Fully Operational Death Star, Jr. sans RWIII.  We saw 7 minutes of it in the 4th quarter of G2.  That was devastating if you were BKN.  A full quarter of that will result in a 20-25 point lead.

I need to see a wire-to-wire drowning and drubbing of the Nets before RWIII comes back.  A coming apart at the seams as it were.  G3 is the perfect place for that.  The oddsmakers giving BKN (-3.5) are assuming home court is the only difference. Given the level of confidence mentioned by dboss, G3 win has to happen.

The BS BS, while not our problem, can be nipped in the bud with a G3 victory by Boston.  That will end everything.  He won't suit up for G4 if that is the case.  Ime will have them ready.  There is no panic.  

Denver's coach Mike Malone's comments last night remind me of the bridge scene from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.  After the Black Knight has both his arms and legs cut off by King Arthur, he's still taunting King Arthur telling him to get back here and he'll bite his kneecaps off.  "But you don't have any arms or legs!!" Mike Malone..."We're not done."  Yeah, you kinda are.  Like his moxie, though.  Just like the Black Knight.    

This is the scene I'd like to see recreated and re-enacted tomorrow.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:22 pm

bobheckler wrote:Sam Vecenie @Sam_Vecenie
The Celtics have gotten so much shoot throughout the last few years regarding their drafting. Now look where they are. Jayson/Jaylen killing. Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard stepping up HUGE as role players. Smart is DPOY. Rob Williams had a breakout season. – 9:52 PM

Bob

Bob, Danny's eyes were responsible for this drafting. Now he's in Utah where he is about to take control of what has become a dysfunctional group. Don't be surprised to see some big shakeups and insightful drafting in Salt Lake City when Danny's dealing.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:42 pm

dbrown4 wrote:DW is due for sure.  So it's official to put dboss on the books for G3 victory?!

db

db

Yes it is official. The Celtics are going to beat the Nets tomorrow night.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:25 pm

dboss wrote:G3 on Saturday night is sure to be a thriller.

The Nets will come up and  play tough physical defense.  The Celtics will need to absorb that initial burst, settle themselves down and go right back to the screw tightening protocols.

The Celtics defense travels well so I fully expect them to survive behind enemy lines.

There are things that we can tighten up.  

We really need to watch our turnovers (14 in both games) and thus limit their run out opportunities.  They had 19 points off turnovers while we had just 8. Our best offense is characterized by spacing, great ball movement and attacking them off the bounce.  

The Nets cannot and will not play defense for the entire game.  

Jayson Tatum is due for a big game.  However I think that at the offset he can be a primary playmaker because you just know that all eyes will be on him.  He can pick apart their defense by feeding our open shooters.  They will be forced to give him more space.  He just needs to be turnover free in the process.

There were too many times in the last game when we played great defense only to give up an offensive rebound or lose out on gaining those 50/50 possessions.  During our G2 4th QTR comeback, we were more energized in how we controlled extra  possessions by them and that is why we won that game.

To put this in perspective they had one more possession than we did (76-75)  They got 9 offensive rebounds to 7 for us.  

These are cleanup items that will ultimately secure our Game 3 victory.

All the drama surrounding the Nets team must not distract our team from the task at hand.  Their season is hanging by a thin thread and we are going to snip that thread tomorrow night.  

One more thought.  The confidence level of the Celtics is sky high especially for guys like Grant Williams and Peyton Pritchard.  It's time for Derrick White to join in.

Good points. I would agree these are keys to taking game 3.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:41 am

So it looks like RWIII will play what they’re calling limited minutes tonight. He should supply a nice spark, but I hope the floor time is extremely short. I’d rather risk a loss than rush him back too soon. Theis and GWilliams have been contributing at a good level in RWIII’s abscence.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:45 pm

dboss,

Thank you for your blessing. If we win G3 today, we're going to have to change your name to The Godfather.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:03 pm

I am sure Rob William's minutes will be guarded closelu.. 10-15 I think. I am the biggest Celtic fan going, but let's not go nuts. This is still a Kevin Durant driven team, he is coming out guns blazing tonight for sure. As for Kyrie, he is along for the ride. i predict that Durant will be at the line 25 times tonight at least. Scott Foster is the ref check his record against the Celtics. Only Tony Brothers could match him. So beware, this is going to have to be a real dog fight for the Celts to come out winners.

Not predicting a loss, just tempering the atmosphere here. I do predict thad KD goes for big numbers tonight, it is the rest of the team that we need to smother
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Steve Nash Says Robert Williams ‘Doesn’t Change ANYTHING’ for Celtics

Bob
MY NOTE: Kyrie and KD said they don't need a coach, so don't worry about RWill. It's their problem, not yours.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Steve will be joining the ranks of the UNEMPLOYED NBA Coaches when KD And Kyrie get thru with him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:27 pm

Per Goran Dragic, Ben Simmons has never practiced with Nets starters.

I don't care about his health, mental and/or physical, he's not ready to contribute in any meaningful way

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:36 pm

I have been having this running argument with my son...........just what the hell is a guy who has not played a minute since last year, not working on his game, not shooting alll of a sudden become the second coming of Christ just because at one point in his career, he was all defense???? This is a joke, not to take anything away from Simmons's talent from years past, but PLEASE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:55 pm

Have to agree with you there, Rosalie.  This is just one of the final signs that the Brooklyn Nets as currently constructed are about to implode.  

The only person I have even gained any respect for and yet cannot understand why he is still even putting up with all this is KD.  But very shortly he's about to go down with the ship through no fault of his own I don't believe.  This certainly isn't what he had in mind.
He had an idea like any great player does of being on a super team where he's the top dog.  Nothing wrong with that.  But something very funny (funny weird, not funny haha) has happened on the way to the forum in Brooklyn.  Lines have gotten crossed, certain players have forged their own agendas, the juggler that has been keeping all the balls up in the air has miscounted or has gotten distracted, whatever it is, the playoffs are about to work their magic like they always do and completely expose the whole show.  

The last show in this weird dramatic comedy will be the BS show probably coming Monday we've been told (and yes, you should interpret that on several levels).  When an organization is desperate and greedy like BKN currently is, they come up with a grandiose idea like this one as a last resort.  Given its unprecedented nature, because I don't recall anything ever happening like this in my life with basketball, it just may work.  We don't know.    

In WWII, Hitler also thought that veering off and capturing Stalingrad first was a better idea instead of his original plan to capture Moscow.  Ran into a little bad weather and the rest, as they say, is history.  

By Ime ending the game of who blinks first with RWIII vs. BS, he has indicated and I'm sure the players are in full agreement that this team is forging ahead and the series will now be over in 4.  

RWIII needs some mild run before getting ready for the next round, probably MIL and Giannis.  So bringing him back as soon as he has been cleared and scrubbed clean by all the doctors is perfectly a good idea.  I like you Rosalie, have no idea why BKN is putting their poor kid out for slaughter except for the .0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that it may inspire a very pathetic, exposed team, have them forge their own comeback and win the series now from down 0-2.  The Celtics have a 40-1 record for subsequently winning those series.  (BTW, who was the one loss against?!)  We all know the league record for going down 0-3.

We have more work to do.  BKN is about to wrap things up.  I'm betting Kryrie gives up just like he did with his last game with the Celtics against this very team.  Old dog, new tricks. Somebody, perhaps several people are about to come unglued either today or Monday and it won't be on our team.

I'm picking up what your putting down, Rosalie.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by birnam Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:  
 I like you Rosalie, have no idea why BKN is putting their poor kid out for slaughter except for the .0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that it may inspire a very pathetic, exposed team, have them forge their own comeback and win the series now from down 0-2.  The Celtics have a 40-1 record for subsequently winning those series.  (BTW, who was the one loss against?!)  We all know the league record for going down 0-3.
db

2018.  The Tatum, Brown, Horford, Rozier, Baynes, Morris, & Smart Celtics were up 2-0 and 3-2 over Lebron and the Cavs, and could not get that 4th W.

But also, in 1990, in a best of five first round series, the Celtics were also up 2-0 over the Knicks, whereupon the Knicks won the next three to eliminate Bird, Parish, McHale, DJ and Reggie.

birnam

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:34 pm

That is my point. This is a real push for Durant to play extremely well and get the rest to follow along. He does not want to be embarrassed by going down 3- tpnight This was a big deal putting this team together with the other jerk. So I expect a battle
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:14 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I am sure Rob William's minutes will be guarded closelu..  10-15 I think.  I am the biggest Celtic fan going, but let's not go nuts.  This is still a Kevin Durant driven team, he is coming out guns blazing tonight for sure. As for Kyrie, he is along for the ride.  i predict that Durant will be at  the line 25 times tonight at least.  Scott Foster is the ref check his record against the Celtics. Only Tony Brothers could match him.  So beware, this is going to have to be a real dog fight for the Celts to come out winners.

Not predicting a loss, just tempering the atmosphere here.  I do predict thad KD goes for big numbers tonight, it is the rest of the team that we need to smother

You sure were wrong lol

Our defense has totally taken control of this series, like the old Steel Curtain or 85 Bears.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:25 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have been having this running argument with my son...........just what the hell is a guy who has not played a minute since last year, not working on his game, not shooting alll of a sudden become the second coming of Christ just because at one point in his career, he was all defense????  This is a joke, not to take anything away from Simmons's talent from years past, but PLEASE

I totally agree on your take on Ben Simmons, Philly held out on his money, he’s gonna have to go to court to try to get that back and Nets should have done same thing. You can’t let these prima donnas hijack your franchise and steal your money. This guy is supposed to be a professional athlete, how does he get injured not playing in one game all year? He must have the worst trainers in history for it to play out like this. This kid is an extreme head case until proven otherwise, before he was afraid to shoot FT’s and jumpers, now he is afraid just to get on the floor. If the Nets have been paying him all this time, they are idiots/fools, this is ending badly, just like their season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:28 am

Enter the nuclear codes...

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:07 am

Just woke up having had the most fantastic dream. Jayson outscored Kyrie and Kevin combined by 7 points. If only dreams came true...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down