Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Fri May 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Marcus should be playing tomorrow.

Familiarity breeds contempt.  Meaning, I do not like the Bucks.

Look for them to play up on our perimeter guys.  If they sag on defense we are going to kill them on the perimeter.  

I would like to see us play with more pace and do so without the turnovers.

Both teams have been watching film.  We know we are better than they are and will be ready to prove it in G3.  A guy shooting 38% is not unstoppable.  Unlike Durant, GA is not a great FT shooter.

My guess is that we will become progressively more dominant as the series moves on.

There is no way they can win this series without KM.

Rest assured, The Celtics are destined to win this series.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 07, 2022 1:19 am

Giannis is irrelevant, he can go for 30plus, the key is Portis, Allen and Connington. Those guys score 15 each, that will give them enough support to win, so we can’t allow them to go off. For us 2 J’s have to be locked in, Tatum hasn’t had his 40-50 point playoff explosion yet, obviously Jaylen getting and staying healthy is key. GWill is our X factor and leading 3 point shooter with rock solid defense. White also due for breakout 12 -14 point game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Bucks Round 2 Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 07, 2022 6:41 am

We need to go right at Giannis down the lane early and often.  We are one of those teams Charles Barkley used to talk about.  The phrase was tossed around a few years ago on TNT when the 3-ball became the rage.  It was you live by the 3, you die by the 3.  Charles correctly shortened it to the very pithy, "You die by the 3."  That will be us if we start jacking them up early and often and go 8-50 on the road again and wonder why we're down 2-1.  Then what do we do?  

I'd pound the bejesus out their lane in the basket from the jump ball.  Fouls will be called in our favor.  Everybody crash around the rim.  Go after their main reason for existence.  He's the head coward.  Run the old and forgotten Inside/Out game plan.  Then we can shoot the 3's 'til the cows come home.    

Also something intangible hasn't set right with me.  The Milwaukee Bucks are still cowards.  That has not changed.  We know why.  Cowards don't deserve a be part of a great series much less a "projected" 7-game series by all the experts.  The Bucks have awakened the sleeping giant after G1.  It is now time for them to sit on the hot seat and be exposed for the cowards that they are.  Sorry, Bucks.  You are one and done as champions.  Get ready to experience the awesome power of the Boston Fully Operational Death Star.  The Celtics will recover home court and move ahead in the series through Monday.

Something else we've noticed in the first 6 games. We have cut the head off of the snake in all 6 games. Two games now with Giannis. KD had the worst series of his career. I expect that to continue and get worse for ol' Giannis.  

dboss, CM ain't gonna help them.  I'd like for him to be there just as would have liked BS to play in our series.  It doesn't matter.  We're winning from here on out.  And in a dominating fashion.

Halleluiah.  Holey S#%t!  Where's the Tylenol?!  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 07, 2022 8:07 am

Am I missing something dbrown, why are they cowards? This is basketball right? Ben Simmons is not on that team….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 07, 2022 10:31 am

Skipping out on playing BKN in the first round by not winning their last game of the season.  Trying to improve their position against perceived easier 1st round competition (Bulls) to make it safely to the second round.  Cowards.  They did pay a pretty big price for it giving up home court and not temporarily seizing it back in G1.  Provided we win today and then put some icing on the cake Monday and take that one as well, we'll be ah-ight.  But first things first.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 07, 2022 12:58 pm

This G3 today is a very big mini-G5 in its importance. And since we blew G1, I'm not sayin' this is a must-win game today, but I'm sayin' it's a must win game today. The series will turn on what happens today. MIL wins? They're going to win the series. We win today, it's ours for the taking.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 07, 2022 9:47 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Skipping out on playing BKN in the first round by not winning their last game of the season.  Trying to improve their position against perceived easier 1st round competition (Bulls) to make it safely to the second round.  Cowards.  They did pay a pretty big price for it giving up home court and not temporarily seizing it back in G1.  Provided we win today and then put some icing on the cake Monday and take that one as well, we'll be ah-ight.  But first things first.    

db

Got it

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down