bobheckler
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
dbrown4
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 3 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 3 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - AWAY

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Tatum better get his sh!t together, playoff basketball separates the men from the boys, he’s been getting punked too many times by Holiday. We’ve seen him come thru big in playoff games before, time to attack and get this series back on track.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 3 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 3 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - AWAY

Post by worcester Sun May 08, 2022 11:13 pm

" I know I am not impressed with them, the ref’s handed them that W"

I fully agree Rosalie.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 09, 2022 5:45 am

There's a lot of reasons why MIL should not win this game tonight nor the series. Another one is magically turning up their defense just in time for the playoffs.

'Bout time for the pendulum to swing back the other way and us get this thing done.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 09, 2022 10:04 am

Also, as far as the fines that are coming for Ime and MS, while I admire their standing up, given the way the NBA has set this up and everyone knows the rules coming it, complaining to the point of being fined IMHBAO shows weakness and/or desperation.

You're not proving anything or gaining an advantage by mouthing off. And the fines are not enough so that no one complains about the referees calls. The refs are not going to wake up the next game and say, "OMG, that guy went off on me last game, I'm scared so I'm going to give him a break with few calls in this game, or, "I'm going to be a real douche and foul him out in the 1st quarter."

Would there be no complaining if the NBA said your contract is voided for the rest of the season for outwardly complaining about ref calls? Probably. But what does that accomplish? Not a dang thing.

It's just like when you know you are doing something illegal, know that the penalty is worth it and do it anyway. You are either stupid, desperate or a coward. Pick one. All are signs of weakness.

If we don't pull off G3 tonight, as subtle as this is, MIL will know we are weak. We had a chance to blow them out of the gym in G3. Didn't do it and MIL knew we were capable via G2. Now we were still in a position to win G3. Ball just didn't fall our way. Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, but that's the playoffs. MIL is playing like a defending champion. Let's face it, we're kinda floundering. Let's see the blow them out of the gym Celtics we've seen time and again toward the end of this season.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 09, 2022 4:30 pm

I only saw bits and pieces of this game.

I gave my wife a birthday party so I was only able to catch small snippets of the game.  I will rely on you guys and Rosie to help me understand what happened.  

I did see the last few minutes including Smart getting cheated out of 3 foul shots on his 3 point attempt.

I was really surprised we lost this game.  The good news is that one or 2 more quality possession and we win.  Still we have to do a much better job throughout the game and not let a bad whistle or 2, determine the outcome.

Can we get another double digit game from White?

Can Tatum get back on track?  I checked the box score and he shot poorly and missed all of his 3 point attempts.

We are now in our 2nd must win game of this series.  I do not believe that our guys have come this far to crap out now.

I'm taking them to win game 4 and send this back to Boston tied 2-2.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 pm

All-in, dboss, all-in!!

And while I'm hoping now my prediction for the winner of G3 wins the series was a bit premature, if we come up short again tonight, I'm not sayin' the series is over, but the series is pretty much over except for the cryin' if we miss tonight.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon May 09, 2022 5:20 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Also, as far as the fines that are coming for Ime and MS, while I admire their standing up, given the way the NBA has set this up and everyone knows the rules coming it, complaining to the point of being fined IMHBAO shows weakness and/or desperation.  

You're not proving anything or gaining an advantage by mouthing off.  And the fines are not enough so that no one complains about the referees calls.  The refs are not going to wake up the next game and say, "OMG, that guy went off on me last game, I'm scared so I'm going to give him a break with few calls in this game, or, "I'm going to be a real douche and foul him out in the 1st quarter."  

Would there be no complaining if the NBA said your contract is voided for the rest of the season for outwardly complaining about ref calls?  Probably.  But what does that accomplish?  Not a dang thing.  

It's just like when you know you are doing something illegal, know that the penalty is worth it and do it anyway.  You are either stupid, desperate or a coward.  Pick one.  All are signs of weakness.  

If we don't pull off G3 tonight, as subtle as this is, MIL will know we are weak.  We had a chance to blow them out of the gym in G3.  Didn't do it and MIL knew we were capable via G2.  Now we were still in a position to win G3.  Ball just didn't fall our way.  Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, but that's the playoffs.  MIL is playing like a defending champion.  Let's face it, we're kinda floundering.  Let's see the blow them out of the gym Celtics we've seen time and again toward the end of this season.  

db    
I’m not totally understanding what your point is as regarding the poor officiating and the complaining of said officiating. Should nothing be said bad call after bad call? if so I disagree. I made my point on another post regarding the officiating but I do believe if a team bitches enough they will see results in their favor. The leagues knows when mistakes are made and best believe something is said about it. I’m not sure if they still have that dumb 2 minute end of game report still cooking up in headquarters but if they do, they need to trash that too. WTH good does it do to tell someone “I fked you last night and this is just a reminder. Can’t promise it wont happen again but if it does we’ll remind you again” ?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 10, 2022 6:26 am

It depends on who is doing said complaining.  If it's us, there really are no consequences when we complain about the refs.  We bitch about a lot of things on this site!  If you are a player or a coach in the NBA, it's kind of like free speech.  You can say whatever you want, but there are consequences.  We as fans get tired of watching the LeBrons complain after every play like their you know what doesn't stink.  In the game, as a player, you complain/voice your opinion in hopes that the ref will either change the call, make the next call in your favor or if that same play happens again, they will call it in your direction.  You are trying to gain an advantage or get back the advantage you just lost.  But you actually hope the refs don't take your bitchin' to heart because if they do, the refs have lost their objectivity.  That's why they are there in the first place. There are no "make-up calls" by the refs. That's ludicrous.

If you really want to back this up, this is why street/playground games never end well and why refs are needed in the first place.  At some point in a non-officiated game, someone is going to make a foul or travel or double dribble or whatever and two opposing players are going to disagree.  Fights ensue, etc.  Everybody goes home PO'ed since the game has been ruined. You need someone there that got no skin in the game and can make the (right) call.

Here's another thought.  If it's OK for players to voice their opinions to the refs all the time/every play, what's stopping the refs from going off on the players for their crappy play at times?  How come the refs don't get to do that?  Wazzupwitdat??!!  Let's make it a two way street.  You complain about my officiating, I get to lay into you when you jack up play after play.  

The refs should call the game as they see it.  They're human.  They will make mistakes.  The league has tried various and sundry things to try to appease players and coaches regarding refereeing.  As you point out, Ktron, nothing has seemed to work.  And as long as the league has been around and they haven't figured it out yet, it's probably safe to say it will never get figured out.  

I like my idea of letting the refs swing back live during the game.  Mic them up.  That will be a hilarious side show.  It can't be any better/worse than letting Lebron whine after EVERY CALL with no consequence.    

You are never going to have "objective" players and coaches by definition.  They are always biased from the start.

Last but not least, it is hoped that refs who continue to make bad calls don't (or shouldn't) get their contracts renewed.  The refs calling the playoffs should be the best of the best.  

Ktron, all that to say I don't have the answer!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2