Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 3, vs Bucks, Away, 5/7/22

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 3, vs Bucks, Away, 5/7/22  Empty Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 3, vs Bucks, Away, 5/7/22

Post by bobheckler Sun May 08, 2022 12:57 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2022/05/comments-from-other-side-bucks-game-3.html

by FLCeltsFan

This isn’t a must win but it’s d**n close. At the very least you have to show your two stars can score on this defense or it might be over.

This has been a weird series with the flip flopping by the national media. Before game 1 the Celtics were a lock. After game 1 the Bucks were a lock. After game 2 the Celtics are a lock again.

The delay is brutal but I've always loved weekend afternoon games. Also feel like our guys are better equipped to handle a long layoff.

If we end up winning this series in 7 and Middleton plays in game 7 and is a major contributor to the win and we end up winning the championship. Whoever scheduled the event at Fiserv that is holding this series up should get a ring.

Difficult for sure, but not impossible. Shooting disparity tips our way the next two games, as it often does for the home team, and all else being equal we can grab this series by the throat.

If it was more just us shooting ourselves in the foot, then I still think we take this in 6 or 7 games.

Probably wasn't that. We would have missed.

That Boston D doesn't really give up anything obvious, no real mismatches, no weak links, nothing open.  They do give Giannis a step of space in the midrange to bait him, but it's only really just a step, by the time he gathers to shoot they still jump and contest it.

The Boston defense is good , because they have the rep as being good. Once you get that rep you are allowed a certain amount of clutching, grabbing , pushing and flopping more than a team that doesn't have that rep . Bucks have a good defense but we don't sell contact like they do . National media wants so bad for Boston to win that they will overlook all the crap they pull.   (MY NOTE:  Wait until you see all the MVP whistles Giannis gets and then tell me about how they want Boston to win)

No they're actually good. There is literally nobody on that team with significant minutes that hasn't played great defense so far, you gotta wait until someone like Pritchard subs in to find any sort of weak link.

How can we watch the game with some non-hostile presenters?

You cant all presenters hate us or probably they receive a lot of gifts from boston

Heading to a Bar Mitzvah before the game. I'll pray to Danny Schayes for all of us.

Just don't make it Red Auerbach.

ima really need this grant williams lovefest to end tonight. This dude cannot guard Giannis, we all know it, and Giannis needs to prove it.

Deer team > leprechaun team

The return of George “Definitely not Over the” Hill

George Hill > Marcus Smart.

the Celtics ranked 30th on offense against zone defenses this year, we need to try doing that on defense

If we don’t win this game I will quit my job and move to the mountains, changing my name and leaving my family behind to begin a new life as a bootleg moonshine maker, only to be critically injured six months in by a cop disguised as a drifter who mistakes me for a local biker gang leader, at which point I’ll drag my a** back to my old life having missed out on the Bucks actually winning another title after all.

Watching the pregame, which is basically an infomercial on how great Boston is

If the bucks win, I'll be happy, if not, I'll be not happy

Since we’re home I feel like Giannis will shoot at least 17 FTA tonight.  (MY NOTE:  He shot 12.  What's crazy is that he averaged 11.84 per game for the season.  Only Embiid averaged more.  That's insane.  Remember when Harden averaged 11 and everybody said it was because he overacted?)

Bucks are undefeated in this series when Marcus Smart is playing. So we winning tonight boys. I Hope

Here is an idea, maybe the refs call it fair   (MY NOTE:  If they did you'd lose)

Hey Bucks lets not come out flat today with 5 turnovers in the first 2 minutes

Cant wait to hear Hubie Brown be senile for the next 3 hours

LETS GO!!!! oh and f*** Grant Williams

Brown straight shoving Jrue on that drive.

Horford just hacks Giannis to start lol

I witnessed the Celtics miss a shot. It’s possible.

How is Hubie allowed to announce Celtics games on national broadcasts? Such an unabashed homer

So Giannis better not get called for a single chicken wing after that brown drive

boston players asking for a foul on every contact lol

we are such a dumb sloppy team

OMG THEY CALLED SOMEHTHING ON AL HORFORD

They finally gonna give Giannis those calls huh?

Hubie is a confused old man. Giannis is allowed to move his body toward the rim

D**n i didn't think horford could ever be called for a foul.

The “what’s a foul” talk is hilarious as ESPN still highlights Jaylen pushing down Grayson - oh sorry Jaylen breaking Grayson’s ankles

I shamelessly dislike Grant Williams cuz he's good

We tried to get him at the trade deadline.

Is there an option to just mute Hubie? Is he on the Celtics payroll?

can we use alien tape to fix Middleton's knee ?

Can’t help but feel like if we score more points than Boston we’ll win this game

Pat Connaughton hunting Marcus Smart haha go Pat!

I think Marcus Smart’s hair looks silly

Marcus smart reminds me of myself as a middle school/early highschooler when I would exaggerate injuries and “play through them” to look tough

Grant has a good game and thinks he can talk sh** to the refs

Grant Williams b**ching to the ref directly contributed to that three I believe it

Grant Williams with a perfect example of how to get yourself benched.

Boston complains about everything. Need to get T'd up at some point.

EVERY TIME we play good and I check opposing forum they’re complaining about refs lmao

C's wanna be as physical as possible but complain about every little bit of contact at the same time. And here I thought last years Suns were bad.

I forgot how awful the C's were in 2019, just hack away on defense and then complain about it. I can't imagine rooting for such a trash team.

Noone should ever defend R. Williams, Brook should free range

Weird the refs didn't notice the first 9 illegal screens Boston committee but they sure did see Brook. Lol

Start loading their best defenders with fouls. In the end it will show

Whine whine whine. A Boston story.

Tatum shoves off or elbows on every single drive

Celtics offence is dookie.   (MY NOTE:  "dookie"?  WTF?)

That's not a charge. Williams leaned into Giannis, either way, big decision to challenge that early.

Grant and tatum hit him in the arm. It’s not even close to a charge

Why would you challenge that.Hopefully Bud hasn’t reached desperation levels this early in the series

On second look that’s a clear cut charge.

I feel like that lost coaches challenge is going to come back to bite us 😵💫

Don’t love only being up 3 with Boston shooting as cold as they are

Jayson Tatum be getting away with the most egregious push offs

Zarba hates Milwaukee

Tatum literally launches Wes, not a charge tho, f*** these refs

Celtics have been committing an offensive foul for like 5 years now. And still never gets called

Tatum pushed off worse than Giannis has this entire series and didn’t get called for it lol.

huh it's almost as if the league wants the Celtics to win 🤔🤔🤔huh!

Jezz, Grant Williams is almost as an annoying p***k as Smaht

Lopez got called for no-contact foul on JB, Tatum gets away with a blatant charge. Celtics fans have never seen a foul on their team in their life lol

Giannis is totally rattled by the defense

So Payton Prichard was literally hanging on to Giannis for dear life and there’s no whistle? Joke

I’m not feeling so good about this series man

The refs are on a mission

The replay confirmed a clean foul.  I don’t know why Tatum acted like he died.

is Jayson hurt or is he just crying again? Actually can't tell

Tatum was just pretending; what a joke

Gotta give props to Tatum, coming back in to the game with a broken wrist. Warrior!

Baby face Al horford

Brook might need to be more aggressive, it seems Al horford only gets called on fouls when he’s matched up against a savvy veteran

Grayson is broken after getting dropped last game

Jayson is going to hurt himself if he continues to jump and smash into the floor like that.

How do the Celtics keep getting these calls.

Tatum has spent more time on the floor than upright.

Williams man.. All those offensive rebounds

Gotta respect Williams. He’s making a huge difference the last two games. Annoyingly, but that’s what his role his.

Refs letting Tatum get more calls than Giannis. Must’ve been a point of emphasis in their meetings this morning before the game.

Is Jayson Tatum capable of not flailing to the floor anytime there is a whiff of contact?

Can’t believe Marcus smart gets superstar calls

These refs are keeping these f***ing bums in the game.

That was a goaltend lmao

Who cares, the refs suck, at least give us a few crumbs while they’re at it

Grant Williams is the “perfect” combo of dirty and flopping

Ok so Williams falls and trips Allen so Williams gets a free throw? Make that make sense. 🤔

Free throws because grant Williams has awful balance

The Celtics minus Brown and Tatum are a miserable basketball team.

Celtics fans complaining about the refs when they have more FTs is hysterical

Sure wouldn't mind a little home cooking about now

Had enough of seeing Celtics fans just complain about calls in the general thread. Better off here where people actually want to talk about Basketball rather than whine about the refs.

These refs are braindead

Tatum can’t guard Giannis, he is getting hunted

I can’t stand Marcus Smart

how many times are the refs gonna bail out the Celtics after they they miss with obvious bullsh** calls under the basket? 1st grant Williams, then smart, now smart gets free throws again? Lmao what a f***ing joke of a league

These refs suck.

The good news is we'll make short work of Milwaukee's homeless problem with all these bricks

Bucks have double the points in the paint, and Boston has more free throws, totally makes sense

Refs can’t win their spread with Giannis staying in the game

Good job refs you have a 4 point lead.

Refs and jrue bet on the celtics

The refs really gave the Celtics a lead into halftime.  This game legit is very fishy.

Tough quarter from the Boston Refs, I mean Celtics

I don’t know who’s been worse - Jrue or the officials.

Our offense doesn't work when we go against a team that plays defense.

I don’t give a f*** how good Holiday is on defense he pulls sh** like this too much.

the audacity of Celtics fans to act like the refs favor the Bucks/Giannis

You can blame the refs all you want but our guys, except 2, suck.

What's absolutely mind numbing is Celtics fans are all over the nba thread complaining about the refs. Lmao

well..... at least we aren't trailing by 25 this time 🤪

These foul calls are atrocious

Can we stop blaming refs and just enjoy the game. Ofcourse when we not winning we will blame the refs.

Complaining of refs is a fan right of passage, reffing is NEVER good in any game. In the end you just hope it doesnt impact the last few plays in a tight game.

Tatum not doing much and we still SUCK.

I wish their defense was as incompetent as our offense

Hubie - “The referees have done a good job”.  Dude we know you’re blind but d**n

Tatum is ALWAYS complaining

Wtf all of our players are going to be fouled out before the 4th quarter starts.

Refs trying so hard to rig for Boston.

I hate Williams but in the same time I appreciate his effort. He has basic skills but man, he makes it hard on us

celtics getting every single whistle they want and they're still complaining 😂

They are flopping and playing dirty

grant williams is built like an overgrown baby

This game is rigged. It’ll be a common foul folks. Refs are actually probably pissed giannis didn’t somehow hit Williams with his elbow so they could turn the tables on him

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Williams is F***ING DIRTY

Eject him. Not because I think it was that bad. But Grant been giving Giannis problems lmfao, so get em outta here

Looked like a relatively fair, safe wrap-up there. I wouldn’t have a problem with this if roles were reversed.

How does Smart walk on a windy day without falling down?

Lol. They gave that guy DPOY. Literally handing out awards for that style of play.

Refs are determined to give one of our home games to the Celtics.

2022 when flopping on every play gets you called the top defense and a player win dpoy.

The refs are on a mission

only celtic i got respect for is tatum. only dude who aint flopping all over the place

Celtics must be tired, I keep seeing them laying around on the floor.

We are getting so lucky with some of these calls, but also Giannis and pat and Jrue and Portis are holding it down

lmao literally every foul call against Boston, Hubie and whoever his sidekick is: "You're upset if you're a Boston fan, that's a tough situation"

Straight up Boston flop so much no one can distinguish when they actually hurt or not. Team who cried wolf.

Not gonna lie, we got some nice treatment from the refs in the last couple plays. Very surprising.

Bucks need to absolutely abuse the paint with Williams gone

Hope Timelord is okay. I hate the Celtics with even more of a flaming passion now but he’s cool.

He's legitimately hurt this time. But the Celtics spend so much time hamming it up, it's hard to tell when they're actually hurt.

Serious note, hope Robert Williams is ok. That elbow looked worse in replay than I thought

yeaaah, bobby got away with that one lol.   (MY NOTE:  A blow to the head is an automatic Flagrant 1, maybe Flagrant 2 and an ejection)

Tatum only has 6 pts holy sh**

Celtics fans must be embarrassed that they're getting beat even when we don't have Khris. Making up excuses like the refs are against them.

Keep on bricking Tatum

Did the commentators really expect freaking Grant Williams to maintain shooting 61% from 3 against us? I’m dead

Wes owns Tatum.

Giannis sending Boston back on a stretcher rn sheeeeesh

Grant Williams talking sh** to everyone like he's something

if you only ever watched Tatum play against the Bucks you'd think he was a 3rd stringer that somehow stumbled into the starting lineup.

Good for Jayson making a shot. Proud of him

I will never believe a celtic player is genuinely injured ever again.

How does Horford not get called for holding jerseys.

Not even close to a foul lmao only called it cuz White fell

How is that a f***ing foul because that idiot decided to go airborne to try and grab it?

Derrick White family friends with Zarba

Lol Grant Williams worst player in the league. He got all pi**ed for Wes making a BASKETBALL PLAY when dude got a common foul for literally sumo grappling a full stride Giannis

I love how Jayson Tatum plays like a complete b**ch against us. Never worried about him

I like how this thread doesn’t b**ch about calls. Play the game. Respect the talent on both ends. Milwaukee is of good.

In the eyes of jayson tatum, he is a god that deserves a foul call everytime he touches the ball.

imagine thinking a team led by jayson trashtum could beat a team led by the greek demigod himself

Jayson tatum will never be the face of the league

Refs really trying to keep the Celtics in this by taking Lopez out of it.

why is holding lopez never a foul but lopez breathing is

Celtics suck. Old man Horford is their best player.

Pritchard is so a**

Brook Lopez has been beaten to death and somehow he has 4 fouls.

Giannis is too physical and Boston's bigs can't last a whole series

I'm so tired of al horford

Grant Williams has 4 fouls .. A non Giannis player should attack him early and put him in foul trouble. Jrue or Portis

If you're reading this comment you just got called for a foul

Refs taking Brook out of the game really was their last gasp effort. Totally f***s our interior D

5 on Williams!!!!

Serious question… is Hubie historically connected to Boston in some way? I really don’t know his history.

Please can we get a night game so it’s too late for Hubie to actually call it? This is nausesting

i'm usually hesitant to call commentators biased but hubie brown is absolutely unbearable

Whether the Celtics or Bulls ESPN commentators always see our fouls and turn a blind eye to them

Lol Boston Refs back at it!

Jaylen Brown gets the GOAT whistle lmao

Stop leaving Horford WIDE open. JFC.

Can't let horford beat us. Wtf

Look, f*** the Celtics, but Al has been really impressing me this whole series, the mans been a bucket.

I’m so sick of Al Horford

It’s a wonder why Horford is so good at defending Fiannis when he just full extension shoves him in the back constantly

Gianni’s getting clamped by Al Horford

Boston Refs real mvp of the game.

Lol this team has negative basketball iq

This is what happens when your defense is just hoping other teams miss shots and you have no semblance of an offensive strategy.

Horford is just fancy Jae Crowder and I hate it

I am honestly curious how horford pushing Giannis every play as he has for years isn’t a foul

This is shamefully obvious the refs have an agenda in this game.

Not even being over reactionary - Jrue single handedly lost us our lead

Not blaming the refs on this one. 14 point lead at home and you let Horford cook you. Inexcusable.

F*** YOU YOU GARBAGE RIGGING REFS

so celtics can play physical but bucks can't? makes sense

Bro this the most rigged sh** I ever saw

Don't even defend Brown because anytime you do, it's an automatic foul. Better to just let him mess up himself at this point.

Tatum sold on defense because he tried flopping 😂

No flop by Tatum. I think he just tripped

Jrue Clutchiday

Watch for the rare 6 shot penalty.   You know the refs will call it

The refs are literally trying to stop the Bucks from covering the spread lmao

Fans better start making these refs fear for thier lives or it's a wrap they are happy to get paid for this cheating. Make them fear they will die maybe money isn't worth it

Nomore soft calls for JB and the Celtics this is playoff basketball.

Once again the two best teams in basketball have met in the 2nd round. Eastern Conference wildin out here

Glad we got the W with the awful officiating!

I'm surprised the refs didn't find a away to interject themselves in the final few seconds there.

Not only did we beat the Celtics. We beat the refs! It was a two on one!

really feels like we stole that one despite playing 8 on 5 all night

You have to think in game 4, Taytum will play much better, and Horford will be much worse

Ille give this to the Celtics they are some great actors especially smart he knew he wasn't in the act of shooting.

Even with the refs in their pockets, the Celtics lose!

Bob
MY NOTE:  Not one comment about that blown last second blown call on Smart's 3?  They've been bitching about the referreeing but that call gave them the W.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 3, vs Bucks, Away, 5/7/22  Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 3, vs Bucks, Away, 5/7/22

Post by bobc33 Sun May 08, 2022 1:52 pm

“How does Smart walk on a windy day without falling down?” I actually laughed out loud on that one!

Back to top Go down