The future's so bright...

+2
prakash
atcross
6 posters

Go down

The future's so bright... Empty The future's so bright...

Post by atcross Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:44 pm

While we lick our chops and chew on our nails considering the prospect of #18 I would just like to point out the Brown, Tatum, GWilliams, RWilliams, and Pritchard have an average age of a little less than 25. Going 5+ years forward we have the potential for a dynasty. Whether we win this year or not, the league has been served notice that we will be a major force to deal with for years to come.

atcross

Back to top Go down

The future's so bright... Empty Re: The future's so bright...

Post by prakash Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:57 pm

Amen to that although I don't totally agree regarding the dynasty characterization. But let these conversation happen after the finals.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:21 am

atcross wrote:While we lick our chops and chew on our nails considering the prospect of #18 I would just like to point out the Brown, Tatum, GWilliams, RWilliams, and Pritchard have an average age of a little less than 25. Going 5+ years forward we have the potential for a dynasty. Whether we win this year or not, the league has been served notice that we will be a major force to deal with for years to come.

Yup. Not sure I've ever seen such a dominant cohesive core that is also so young. Maybe the cap jocks can educate us further, but I believe next year will be the final year's of Al and Jaylen's contracts. Jaylen will get a max. Replacing Al will be tough, especially his leadership and experience. My guess is he'd sign for a reasonable number, but he will be two years older and close to 40. Hope the owners are willing to spend

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am

Here's the salary info going forward.  Al and Grant are the first two that need to be extended before next season starts, IMO.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/yearly/cap/

The future's so bright... Scree289

We are set up fairly well for the future. Whatever the bean counters do will be due to our success in the next week or so.

I am sure that this topic will get hit wicked hard in the next few months.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:09 am

They were just talking about this on First Take, Steven A listing the age of our entire core roster, he was saying how we could be in this position for years and how much winning the series/ultimate prize would galvanize/improve the team going forward. Me personally, other than 2nd game of Heat series and 4th quarter of last 2 wins, I think we can still clean up so many things and play a lot better. I still see so much more growth in 2 J’s, we all know if they can clean up their boneheaded turnovers, a big if; but they will IMHO, they can lead us to rule the league. Hell we may be approaching the promised land with them having those bad moments throughout and still be in the ultimate position.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 pm

atcross wrote:While we lick our chops and chew on our nails considering the prospect of #18 I would just like to point out the Brown, Tatum, GWilliams, RWilliams, and Pritchard have an average age of a little less than 25. Going 5+ years forward we have the potential for a dynasty. Whether we win this year or not, the league has been served notice that we will be a major force to deal with for years to come.

Atcross

What exactly is a dynasty? Is it an extended championship run by a team or something more? Something with more permanency perhaps.

The Celtics are a dynasty because they have won titles in 4 distinct generations of fans and teams. They have won titles over a half of a century. Our current edition represents the 5th generation of Championship level contenders. The age factor pops off the page because they have a young and very talented core along with a coach who is years away from his X-date.

I do not believe we have to extend any of our top 9 guys this summer.

Al is under contract for another year. He will be 37 after next season is completed. At that point the Celtics can look at resigning him. The Celtics rescued him from the doldrums so I doubt he will leave again 'For A Few Dollars More'

Grant is under contract next year for a very reasonable $4.3 million. The following summer the Celtics can make the QO ($6.2 million) which gives us the right to match any offer. I see no reason to extend him this summer.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:40 am

Extending Grant this summer doesn't affect next year's salary of $4.3 million.

It is much cheaper in the long run to do so.

Smart, Brown, Tatum and RobWill all got extended early, so I expect the Celtics to continue that trend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down