Brad Stevens emotionally responds to unfair speculation on female Celtics employees amid Ime Udoka scandal

Go down

Brad Stevens emotionally responds to unfair speculation on female Celtics employees amid Ime Udoka scandal Empty Brad Stevens emotionally responds to unfair speculation on female Celtics employees amid Ime Udoka scandal

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:53 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/09/brad-stevens-emotionally-responds-to-unfair-speculation-on-female-celtics-employees-amid-ime-udoka-scandal.html

Brad Stevens emotionally responds to unfair speculation on female Celtics employees amid Ime Udoka scandal

Updated: Sep. 23, 2022, 12:44 p.m.|Published: Sep. 23, 2022, 12:24 p.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

In the wake of reports stating the reason for Ime Udoka’s year-long suspension with the team was due to an improper consensual relationship with the Celtics staffer, there was rampant speculation on social media about the female party involved over the past 24 hours.

In his opening statement during the Celtics press conference on Friday morning addressing Udoka’s suspension, Brad Stevens made a passionate plea to speak out against the unfair speculation which involved several Celtics employees being falsely discussed as involved.

“One thing I would like to say is that we have a lot of talented women in our organization and I thought yesterday was really hard on them,” Stevens said. “I think that nobody can control Twitter speculation, rampant balderdash. But I do think we as an organization have a responsibility to make sure we’re there to support them now, because a lot of people were dragged unfairly into that.”

Stevens also acknowledged the Celtics organization had been working hard to help any employees that may have been impacted by the speculation in the wake of the team’s investigation into Udoka’s conduct.

“There was messaging sent out, there was meetings to make sure that everybody’s available and supportive,” Stevens said. “But I think we still need to make sure that we’re there for a while beyond that. I just think that was really unfair, in my opinion. And I don’t know how we control Twitter. And obviously, there’s only so much that we can say. But our job is to support and our job is to be there as everybody goes through that hard time. And everybody digests this stuff differently, obviously. But yesterday was unfair to them.”

Celtics managing governor Wyc Grousbeck also placed an emphasis on the team’s need to provide support moving forward.

“Well, I think it’s been difficult, and we need to see if we can take care of everybody that’s been affected inside the organization, first and foremost,” Grousbeck said. “We need to uphold Celtic pride and what the Celtics stand for, and we’re trying to do that here. Our hands are basically tied once certain things happen. There’s gonna be a consequence and that’s where we are. But just doing that sort of stuff doesn’t take care of the human side adequately. And so we’ll be continuing to do that moving forward and taking a lot of time and care – legitimate, genuine care to make sure that we take care of everybody affected.”

The team disciplined no other employees in the investigation according to Grousbeck, which was done by an independent law firm. Joe Mazzulla will serve as interim head coach when the team opens up training camp on Tuesday.

Bob
MY NOTE:  There has been some criticism, especially by Gary Washburn of the Globe, of how the Celtic front office didn't immediately respond to the rumors that Celtic VP of Player Development Allison Feaster, who is married and is NOT the woman involved with Ime.

Latest rumors (who knows if they're true) are that Ime had consensual relations with TWO Celtic staffers, both married.  One of them is allegedly married to a Celtic VP (they both work for the Celtics).   It is said the cuckolded VP is the one who demanded a season-long suspension.  Furthermore, the rumor mill is saying the Celtics told Ime to stop and he didn't.  If the last part is true then a one-year suspension is getting off light in any organization's culture.  You f up, you pay the price, but if you're told by your bosses you're f'ing up and you ignore them you're usually gone.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down