Celtics17
dbrown4
bobheckler
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Buyout/ Trade Deadline Approaching Empty Buyout/ Trade Deadline Approaching

Post by dboss Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:14 pm

I believe the Celtics will need to add another wing player to the team.

My preferred profile would be a player with some size that can make open buckets, score off the bounce and hold their own on the defensive end.

Sam Hauser is proving to be a one-trick pony!  He is a 3 point shooter.  He is still shooting 40.6% for the year  but those numbers were built on pre-December games.

What we are seeing now is how teams are targeting him on the defensive side of the ball.  In the playoffs that strategy will be further enhanced.  He may not be playable in the playoffs.

Gallo looks real good in street clothes.   It would be negligent for the Celtics to rely on his return in time for our playoff run.

The idea has been floated around that the Celtics could trade him along with Pritchard.  I would hate to see PP traded but the reality is that his goose got cooked once Brogdon came on board.  We have 3 starting quality PG's that are all better and bigger than PP.  His opportunity to play is very limited.

Gallo has not played one game for us and if you need to use him in a trade  to improve your team, you have to do it.  Justin Jackson is another player that is not remotely impressive.

Last edited by dboss on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Buyout/ Trade Deadline Approaching Empty Re: Buyout/ Trade Deadline Approaching

Post by dboss Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:35 pm

The last 2 games PP has shown that he can be called on to help this team win.

Having an open roster spot also means that you can add a player without trading a player. The Celtics still have a few TPE's plus their disabled player exception to use.

I still think they will need to focus on adding a wing with size. Hauser has lost his confidence and Jackson....still sucks.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:40 pm

To be precise the NBA trade deadline is Thursday, February 9th @ 3pm EST.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:36 am

I was looking at future Celtics draft picks.  There are a lot of if's.

It looks like we could get up to 3 second rounders.  The potential Houston 2nd round pick is the more valuable and since our 1st goes to the pacers it would be great to get an early 2nd round pick.

The caveat is that the pick is top 31-32 protected.  Houston is last in the NBA so we need them to win more games than Charlotte and Detroit or any other 2 teams.    All the bottom feeders should be looking to lose as the Victor Wembanyama sweepstakes heats up.

Personally, I do not think that he is physically ready to play in the NBA. At 7' 2" and only 210 lbs he is going to get murdered.

If Boston gets a deal to use a TPE it will likely involve sending over a 2nd rounder.  The disabled player exception does not require any assets going out but it could be used to sign a FA from the existing pool or from a player that is cut, bought out/kicked to the curb.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:51 pm

According to Shams Charania the Celtics have "significant interest" in Jakob Poetl of the Spurs, as does Toronto. He was traded to San Antonio by the team who drafted him, Toronto, for Kawhi. Now they want him back.

Poetl will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.  He is making $9.4M this year and is expected to get a big raise with his next contract.  He likes the Spurs organization but wants to compete with a good team.  We have Grant and Payton in their last years of their contracts too.  I don't want to lose either of them but Grant is going to be pursued in the free market and Payton wants to play and is 4th on the depth chart behind Smart, Brogdon and White.

Poetl is averaging 26.5mpg, 12.5ppg and is shooting 63%. He is grabbing 9.4rpg in those 26.5mpg. That's not bad. He has not taken one 3pt fga this season. Zero. 927 minutes, zero 3pt fgas. He's shooting 58.7% from the line in 104 ftas. Hack-a-Poetl. It's hard to measure his defensive contributions when he's on such a shitty team, San Antonio's defense is 30 out of 30, but his Defensive Rating has gotten worse almost every year he's been in the league.

What better way to tank for Wembanyama than to trade your starting center?

The trade deadline is February 9th @ 3pm EST.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:47 pm

There are reports out that the Celtics have lost faith in Sam Hauser.  We all know what a vicious, and extended, slump he has been in.

Could Hauser be traded for another wing by February 9th?  What scares me about that is it would move Justin Jackson up on the depth chart.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:44 am

bobheckler wrote:There are reports out that the Celtics have lost faith in Sam Hauser.  We all know what a vicious, and extended, slump he has been in.

Could Hauser be traded for another wing by February 9th?  What scares me about that is it would move Justin Jackson up on the depth chart.

Bob

Could Jackson be any worse than what Hauser has given us lately, wait don’t answer that…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:There are reports out that the Celtics have lost faith in Sam Hauser.  We all know what a vicious, and extended, slump he has been in.

Bob

Could Jackson be any worse than what Hauser has given us lately, wait don’t answer that…???

Cow,

It's not about 'better or worse', it's about trade value. Hauser has some, I think. Jackson doesn't.

And I don't think the coaching staff has much confidence in Jackson either. You don't see him eating into Sam's minutes.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:06 am

I haven't heard his name on this board yet, but would Jae Crowder work for what we're looking for? I know he's been here before. But so has Big Al. Just curious.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 am

dbrown4 wrote:I haven't heard his name on this board yet, but would Jae Crowder work for what we're looking for?  I know he's been here before.  But so has Big Al.  Just curious.  

db

dbrown,

1. Jae Crowder is making $10.2M this year. We're halfway through the year, so that mitigates it somewhat, but it sure blows away our cap.

2. Jae Crowder will be an unrestricted free agent next season.

3. The reason why Jae Crowder is sitting is because he wants to start and Phoenix wants him to come off the bench. He's not going to start here, barring injuries, so he's not going to be happy here. He might hold his nose for the rest of this season but not next year. So he'd be a $10M partial year rental.

4. He left Boston with a bad taste in his mouth. Nothing against Brad, I think he loves Brad and the players (and knows that the man who traded him, Danny, is gone), but he still remembers how the crowd called for Gordon Hayward when the Jazz came to town even though Jae was starting for us.

He'd be a high-quality bench player, for sure, if he can wrap his mind around it and embrace it the way Malcolm has.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:20 am

Jae Crowder is a limited player, if he thinks he has to start, he might never get another job in this league. He’s a little better than Semi and no where near Grant Williams and he doesn’t start.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:12 am

I think another wing that has a proven ability to score and defend would be helpful, but I just am not sure who fits the bill and if this person can fit into the Celtics salary structure.

I hope we don't trade Payton Pritchard. His speed adds another dimension that is limited on the team. He is also a very good shooter and has the ability to get hot and drop points in a hurry. I know he's a luxury right now, but it only takes him changing the course of one playoff game that could be the difference in winning a championship.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 am

Celtics17 wrote:I think another wing that has a proven ability to score and defend would be helpful, but I just am not sure who fits the bill and if this person can fit into the Celtics salary structure.

I hope we don't trade Payton Pritchard. His speed adds another dimension that is limited on the team. He is also a very good shooter and has the ability to get hot and drop points in a hurry. I know he's a luxury right now, but it only takes him changing the course of one playoff game that could be the difference in winning a championship.

Celtics17

I agree.  A wing it is.

I had big concerns with Kornet as a BU center but he has started to grown on me like a week old beard!  lol

His length does have impact.  Also in a pinch the Celtics can cart out ole Blake for a few minutes and Kabengele has been playing very well for Maine  (21.3 PPG and 10.6 rebounds).  In sum, I think we should be fine at center.

Perhaps the Celtics will not make a trade.  

Sam has been struggling to make shots.  He has a high basketball IQ but sometimes it just comes down to physical skills and confidence.  I would not trade him or PP at this time.

The Celtics have a very deep roster so I do not see a big splash acquisition.  Even as we consider another depth piece at wing we still have enough multi-positional players to eat up minutes at every position.  

For example the Celtics can play and have played JB at the SF spot in our single center lineups.  Malcolm is a legit wing who is still logging short minutes but he can fill in at the 2 and lets you play Brown or Tatum at the 3.  

Overall I am not seeing a trade unless there is a secondary issue (reduce the tax)

We have an open roster spot and several ways to fill it on the cheap.  (the buyout market)  If a wing is available that makes sense for the team, then go for it.

I do not see Boston making a trade for Poeltl given his upcoming FA status.  I know Boston wants to resign Grant and the JB contract situation has to be their top priority.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:10 pm

dboss wrote:
I do not see Boston making a trade for Poeltl given his upcoming FA status.  I know Boston wants to resign Grant and the JB contract situation has to be their top priority.

I think your opinion will be proven right on Poeltl.

The Spurs reportedly want two first rounders and that is way too much for a potential rental. Compound that with the fact that although it has worked out well, the argument still continues that the team overpaid the Spurs for White, and I would think there is no deal with San Antonio beyond a frozen Margarita down in the Riverwalk (double tequila, no salt).
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm

Here’s more on Jae Crowder. His side…..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10053761-suns-jae-crowder-says-narrative-that-he-wants-trade-over-starting-role-isnt-true

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:
dboss wrote:

I think your opinion will be proven right on Poeltl.

The Spurs reportedly want two first rounders and that is way too much for a potential rental. Compound that with the fact that although it has worked out well, the argument still continues that the team overpaid the Spurs for White, and I would think there is no deal with San Antonio beyond a frozen Margarita down in the Riverwalk (double tequila, no salt).

NYCelt

At the time it did seem as though Boston gave up too much for White but I think that was related more to us not having as much depth after the trade was made.

White has been playing very well for Boston even though he has had some issues at times knocking down open looks, his overall contribution to this team has been significant.

I'll gladly take the frozen Margarita and keep the first rounders for a better deal or 2 down the road.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:29 pm

Ktron wrote:Here’s more on Jae Crowder. His side…..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10053761-suns-jae-crowder-says-narrative-that-he-wants-trade-over-starting-role-isnt-true

The Suns are looking to get some value for Jae however that may be difficult because of his FA status this summer. Him not playing does not help his cause and he turns 33 in July.

If he gets bought out, that would be the least expensive way to get him. If Boston was able to slide him into the disabled player slot and not have any assets heading out the door and no future commitment, an arrangement like that may be something to explore.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:48 pm

Found this on Hoops hype and thought it was a pretty good take

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-nba-trade-deadline-guide-what-each-team-could-or-should-do/
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:17 pm

dboss wrote:Found this on Hoops hype and thought it was a pretty good take

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-nba-trade-deadline-guide-what-each-team-could-or-should-do/

Interesting. Could be a lot of movement before 2/6.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:35 am

If Jae Crowder gets bought out, do we want him as a wing player?

I don't think that he belong in the rotation of a contender. But he will be better to have than Justin Jackson.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:26 am

dboss wrote:Found this on Hoops hype and thought it was a pretty good take

dboss,

Didn't read the whole thing but read what they said about the Celtics, and it was nothing. We're really tough 1-9? Uh, yeah. Should we unload some end-of-benchers to add quality depth behind #9? Uh, yeah. Are we deep into the luxury tax? Oh yeah. Any particular player you'd move, or position you think we need to add in particular? Nope.

Playoff teams rarely go more than 10 deep, if that. If we're tough 1-9 then we're stronger than just about everybody else, which makes sense since we're the #1 team in the league.

In no particular order 1-9:

1. Jayson Tatum
2. Jaylen Brown
3. Robert Williams
4. Al Horford
5. Marcus Smart
6. Derrick White
7. Malcolm Brogdon
8. Grant Williams
9. Luke Kornet (never thought I'd be saying this)

10. Sam Hauser
11. Payton Pritchard
12. Blake Griffin (although the veteran might slide into Luke's place in the playoffs)

That is pretty deep. I would be ok with moving Sam for a shooter. Nothing against Sam but, man, what a slump! He's averaging 14.6mpg. His 3pt fg% is down to 39.6%. That's still pretty damn good, but it's been going down like a duck in winter since December.

Grant and Payton are in their last contract year. Brad has to decide if he's going to pay Grant, and he's going to be popular on the free agency market. There's also the question as to whether Payton would want to re-sign with a team where he's 4th on the back court depth chart. If he wants to play he'll sign elsewhere. Should Brad trade him for something rather than lose him for nothing in 6 months? Same with Grant.

I'm glad I'm not Brad. If he trades those guys he might solidify us for next year by bringing in a player who will be here (while they won't) but could hurt us this year, and we're #1 now. This is, most certainly NOT, a rebuilding year. On the other hand if he keeps them we're right back at where we were a year ago, great 5-7 or 8 but no real depth.

Speaking for myself, I say "go for #18 as soon as you can and let #19 worry about itself." If we win the Championship this year then we'll be the team good players will want to sign with, perhaps including Grant and Payton so that particular problem could be resolved in our favor also. Winning cures a lot of problems.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:02 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2023/01/payton-pritchard-drawing-trade-interest-from-warriors-other-playoff-teams.html

Celtics trade rumors: Payton Pritchard has interest from Warriors, playoff teams

Updated: Jan. 18, 2023, 12:00 p.m.|Published: Jan. 18, 2023, 11:39 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Payton Pritchard’s lack of consistent playing time in the Celtics rotation has unsurprisingly led to a number of playoff teams inquiring about the availability of the reserve guard including the defending champion Golden State Warriors, league sources tell MassLive. Despite these overtures, the Celtics have shown no interest in trading the 25-year-old guard to this point, according to multiple sources, with Pritchard re-entering Boston’s rotation during the past week following Jaylen Brown’s injury.

There are many parts of Pritchard’s game that make him appealing to teams like the Warriors and other potential suitors. He’s a 40.1 percent career 3-point shooter and is on a very team-friendly rookie deal through the 2023-24 season, earning just $2.2 million this year and $4.0 million in 2023-24.

The Warriors have dealt with inconsistent play from several areas of their bench all year long, which has led two-way players like Ty Jerome and Anthony Lamb to shift into bigger bench roles. With injuries impacting Golden State’s aging starting five, Pritchard is likely viewed as a potential proven depth target for the team’s backcourt.

However, Pritchard’s performance over the last four games is an indicator of why the Celtics have been unmoved by any inquiries, per sources. Injuries are going to pop up during a 82-game season grind and the Celtics have not missed a beat in the past two weeks as Pritchard has taken on a bigger role with Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and Derrick White all sidelined at various points. Malcolm Brogdon’s age and injury history also make Pritchard a valuable insurance policy at the guard position.

The Celtics are building the best team to contend now and moving Pritchard who can help them win does not make sense unless it’s upgrading the roster elsewhere. It’s hard to envision any reasonable offer from the Warriors or another playoff team doing that at this point in their attempts to buy low on the third-year guard.

Sam Hauser’s inconsistent shooting over the past two months may also open a door for Pritchard’s contributions in the coming weeks as well. Joe Mazzulla has started playing three-guard lineups with more frequency in recent games with the return of bigger minutes for rim protector Rob Williams. Pritchard has struggled with his 3-point shot this year (32.9 percent) amid inconsistent minutes but he’s attacked the rim well (career-high 69 percent at the rim). Boston is scoring 116.2 points per 100 possessions with Pritchard on the floor this season.

The Celtics have shown interest in trading for a backup big man per league sources with Shams Charania of the Athletic linking the team to Jakob Poeltl on Tuesday. Boston still has two sizable trade exceptions ($6.9 million, $5.9 million) left to use although one expires on Thursday that is worth $6.9 million. The NBA trade deadline is on February 9th.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:45 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2023/1/18/23560508/boston-celtics-trade-intel-three-weeks-from-the-trade-deadline

Celtics trade intel three weeks from the trade deadline

Boston is facing a couple of deadlines over the next few weeks

By Keith P Smith  Jan 18, 2023, 11:33am EST  

NBA trade season is in full swing. Well, trade rumor season is more like it. That’s because nothing is actually moving forward at the moment.

Thus far, the only in-season deal we’ve seen was the Boston Celtics trading Noah Vonleh to San Antonio Spurs in a tax-saving move. Aside from that decidedly non-blockbuster, it’s been crickets.

However, there are rumors flying everywhere. CelticsBlog has collected some intel on what we’re hearing related to Boston and the trade market, as we sit about three weeks from trade deadline day.

Boston has registered interest in Jakob Poeltl of the Spurs. The Celtics and Spurs have become trade partners twice over the last year, doing the Derrick White deal ahead of last season’s deadline and the Vonleh trade a couple of weeks ago.

On Poeltl, sources told CelticsBlog that the Celtics were more interested before Robert Williams made his return to the court. With Williams back in the fold, Boston feels less of a need to do a trade for another big. In addition, other sources said that it’s unlikely the Celtics and Poeltl would be a long-term match, due to the center’s desire to start and land a $20 million per season deal this offseason.

League sources indicate the Celtics have been active in trade talks for players who make under $7 million for this season. This indicates Boston has been trying to use either their $6.9 million traded player exception (TPE) from the Juancho Hernangomez deal before it expires on January 19 or the $5.9 million TPE from the Dennis Schroder trade.

One source close to the situation told CelticsBlog, “It’s probably not going to happen. Using a trade exception that small requires finding the exact right player. That’s hard to pull off.”

Other sources said the Celtics appear to be most focused on adding a wing ahead of the trade deadline. One rival team told CelticsBlog, “They want someone else to take the load of (Jayson) Tatum and (Jaylen) Brown. Brad (Stevens) and Joe (Mazzulla) know they can’t be playing 40 minutes per night and make a Finals run. Tatum wasn’t joking when he said he was gassed last June.”

Other sources said the Celtics aren’t looking to move players in a deal for a wing. Instead, Boston has focused on moving draft picks for a lower-salaried player.

Multiple sources said Boston has dangled a protected first-round pick in trade talks or multiple second-round picks. Various sources told CelticsBlog, “They aren’t moving a rotation guy. They think their top 8-to-9 guys are solid and match up well with anyone they’ll face in the playoffs. They’re looking to add a regular season guy, not necessarily a playoff guy.”

“I bet nothing gets done via trade. Moving another first is risky. That’s getting into a place where you are putting very little into the draft. You need those picks to backfill depth behind what’s going to be a really expensive team in a few years,” a source close to trade talks said. “I bet they’ll be more active in the buyout market.”

The luxury tax isn’t a barrier for Boston, according to multiple sources. Brad Stevens has the support of ownership to add to the tax bill if he believes it increases the chance of a title. One source said, “They’re all-in on winning the title. If that means spending a little more, so be it. Yeah, they dumped (Noah) Vonleh, but that was smart. They saved a little money to have it to spend later. The owners want a title as much as the front office, coaches and players do. And they know that means spending some dough.”

One league source characterized the Celtics as “stealthy”. They said, “You never hear about anything they are doing until they do it. Who had them getting (Derrick) White last year? What about (Malcolm) Brogdon this summer? No one. Brad (Stevens), Mike (Zarren) and that whole crew keep their business to themselves. Our running joke is ‘If you hear about it with Boston, it ain’t happening!’ and that’s true. They don’t really have leaks there anymore.”

Various sources told CelticsBlog that they expect Boston to be a top destination on the buyout market. One source said, “They don’t need to make a trade. Why bother? They don’t need anything. Brad (Stevens) already gave Joe (everything he needs). And that Gallo (Danilo Gallinari) exception (Disabled Player Exception) will allow them to outspend everyone else for a buyout guy. They can let the deadline pass and then just pick off the best free agent or two for playoff depth. And vets will all want the Celtics because they can get paid and they can win.”

One rival team executive summed it up by telling CelticsBlog, “They’re in first place. When they are whole, they are beating teams by a million. Making a trade would be stupid. And I’m not just saying that in hopes they don’t get stronger. Brad (Stevens) is still really a coach at his core. He knows you can’t mess with good chemistry and their chemistry is up there with the best in the league. Those guys are motivated to finish the job this time. I bet they add one or two buyout guys and that’s that. But even then, those guys will have to be ok with being along for the ride. Brad (Stevens) isn’t messing with a good thing right now.”

There are some deadlines to keep in mind for Boston over the coming weeks:

January 19 - $6.9 million TPE from Juancho Hernangomez expires
January 20 - Two-Way contracts become fully guaranteed. It’s unlikely Boston will move on from either JD Davison or Mfiondu Kabengele
February 9 at 3:00 PM ET - NBA trade deadline
February 10 - $5.9 million TPE from Dennis Schroder expires (functionally expires on trade deadline day unless used on a waiver claim on February 10)

The Celtics also have several smaller TPEs that will also expire on February 10, as well. Boston could use a couple of them to absorb or claim a player on a minimum salary, but nothing more. Reminder: TPEs can’t be aggregated together, nor combined with player salaries, to being back more money in a trade!

Bob
MY NOTE:  "The owners want a title as much as the front office, coaches and players do. And they know that means spending some dough.”  Everybody who remembers the Paul Gaston days will feel pretty good about this.

"They think their top 8-to-9 guys are solid and match up well with anyone they’ll face in the playoffs."

Not in specific order:
1.  Tatum
2.  Brown
3.  Horford
4.  RWill
5.  Smart
6.  Brogdon
7.  GWill
8.  White

Who's 9?  Luke?  He's pleasantly surprised all of us but in the playoffs he's a definite unknown, at best.  Sam?  The guy who no longer can throw the ball in the ocean from the end of the pier?  In his last 13 games, going back to before Christmas, Sam is averaging 10.6mpg, 3.2ppg, 29.4% (10-34) from 3.  Our offense was unstoppable when Sam was hitting his shots. Now? No, we get shut down much more often now. Blake and Payton?  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am

dboss wrote:
Celtics17 wrote:I think another wing that has a proven ability to score and defend would be helpful, but I just am not sure who fits the bill and if this person can fit into the Celtics salary structure.

Celtics17

I agree.  A wing it is.

I had big concerns with Kornet as a BU center but he has started to grown on me like a week old beard!  lol

His length does have impact.  Also in a pinch the Celtics can cart out ole Blake for a few minutes and Kabengele has been playing very well for Maine  (21.3 PPG and 10.6 rebounds).  In sum, I think we should be fine at center.

Sam has been struggling to make shots.  He has a high basketball IQ but sometimes it just comes down to physical skills and confidence.  I would not trade him or PP at this time.

The Celtics have a very deep roster so I do not see a big splash acquisition.  Even as we consider another depth piece at wing we still have enough multi-positional players to eat up minutes at every position.  

For example the Celtics can play and have played JB at the SF spot in our single center lineups.  Malcolm is a legit wing who is still logging short minutes but he can fill in at the 2 and lets you play Brown or Tatum at the 3.  

Overall I am not seeing a trade unless there is a secondary issue (reduce the tax)

We have an open roster spot and several ways to fill it on the cheap.  (the buyout market)  If a wing is available that makes sense for the team, then go for it.

Didn’t know Kabengele is avg 20-10 in G-League, that’s pretty

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:05 am

dboss wrote:

Celtics17

I agree.  A wing it is.

Didn’t know Kabengele is avg 20-10 in G-League, that’s pretty decent. He is more athletic than the Warriors starting center Looney, who other than putbacks has very limited offense too; I would assume his offense is better, wonder why he hasn’t gotten a shot? Kabengele dunks effortlessly, I think there is something there.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next