GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts

5 posters

Go down

GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts Empty GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:42 pm

The Celtics play the defending champion GSW on Thursday.  This will be our last meeting of the year in absence of a finals rematch.

They beat us down out there, 123-107.

JT had a poor offensive game while going 6-21 from the field.  We also played without AL Horford and RW had not returned from rehabbing the knee.  They killed us on the glass 53/39.  We were bad from deep 12/40 or 30% and our FT shooting was also subpar 19/26 or 73.1%.  I thought we settled too much and did not move the ball well  (17 assists)

GS has a few players nursing injuries so at this point we do not know who will be playing for them.
Jaylen will not be playing for probably another week as he is resting from the abductor strain.

You know that game out there had a strange lineup as Joe started Blake and Grant in the frontcourt.

Malcolm led the bench with 16 points (6-10) in 23 minutes.  White played poorly as did Grant.

I anticipate a starting lineup of Rob and Al, JT plus White and Smart in the backcourt.

The Celtics will win this game even without Jaylen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm

You've convinced me, dboss. I'm cautiously removing my finger from the panic button!!! I'm onboard +1.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:11 pm

Jaylen might play.  Just watched an interview with him.  If he is sore he will probably sit out.

GSW have 5 guys out including Wiseman and Kuminga.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm

John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 4 hours ago
Jaylen Brown is officially listed as questionable for tomorrow's game vs. Golden State. At practice today, he said "I think I'm all right, think I’m good ... They want to make sure that I'm just healthy, overall, in general. But, if I can go, I'm going."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:32 am

All will depend upon who gets whom thinking. We can't play the same drop coverage that we had to do when the only big options were Blake and Luke. That put us on our heels.

GSW puts you into rotation, moves the ball and makes quick decisions. Trap, get into passing lanes, make them think and attack quickly to get them into foul trouble.

We will probably see some variation of zone to make us think and slow us down.

They will be up for this one. We need to meet them and take them down. This is a very important game.

Go Celtics!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:49 am

Yeah, for a regular season game, this may be the biggest one of the season for us tonight. Need to show GSW we're alive and kicking. Bad tastes will be left in mouths if we blow this one or barely win. A "W" is paramount. Again, I'm with dboss! Push all-in!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:29 am

GSW is 5-17 on the road this year. I realize this game is independent of those games, that 6-17 would still suck for them but also suck for us because that 6th win would be against us, but they are not a good road team.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:17 am

I'm not as worried of a brain-fart game tonight that were more prevalent a couple of years ago. I think we'll be ready and take them out.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:39 pm

Injury update

GSW: Wiseman, JaMychal Green, Kuminga and Iguodala are out for tonight.

Celtics: Jaylen Brown remains questionable. Sounds like a game time decision.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:18 pm

The Celtics are -6.5 home favorites.  

Prakash mentioned a key factor in the Celtics inability to defend them.

If you recall they were running those high screens with Looney TUNES and the splash brothers and we could not defend that action because our bigs were in drop coverage.  

I remember in the playoffs last year coach Ime got all over Rob for not stepping out further.  

I expect coach Joe has put together a game plan that will take that action away from them.  

Our guards need to be more active defensively in slowing down guys like Poole.

Looney killed us on the glass with 15 rebounds.  They had 11 offensive rebounds to only 6 for us.

It seems to me that keys to the game include defending their high screen action by having a big come up and meet them at the pass and controlling the defensive glass.  Our guards need to be fully engaged in defending them on the perimeter.

On offense we need to keep doing what we have been doing.  Moving, spacing, making the correct reads and keeping the ball from sticking.

The Celtics should be overflowing with incentives to play well and bring home another victory.

GS remains a very lethal offensive team but they cannot stop the Celtics as long as the Celtics play the right way.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:53 am

Well, dboss. I was sweating it, but the result is the same. We didn't make Vegas and the oddsmakers happy, but who cares?!!. Nice call.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

GSW @ Celtics Pregame Thoughts Empty w

Post by BingBang! Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:49 am

I heard the Warriors are pretty good like the most recent dynasty good. They came in to the Garden to “take another little piece of (the Celtics) heart” but the Celts said “no, no, no.” Big Win! Jaylen Brown coming up big in the fourth is a huge step IMO. I critiqued JT cause he’s a superstar but he’s fine. Al knows his spots as does Brogdon. Statistically what’s interesting is the Cs lost the three pointer derby but still won the game.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down