First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion

+2
bobheckler
dboss
6 posters

Go down

First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion Empty First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion

Post by dboss Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:18 pm

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/top-stories/celtics-reportedly-interested-in-reunion-with-kelly-olynyk
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion Empty Re: First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:51 pm

This would produce a shock wave from Cowens' head, made even more powerful by the resilient confines of his lead-reinforced skull ("fire in the hole!"), that it could level whole NY City blocks.  It would lay a path of such complete devastation, where there would be almost nothing of value still standing, as to turn New Jersey into, well, New Jersey.  

Heheh.  Love you, Cow.

Kelly has one more year on his contract after this.  He's making $12.8M this year and $12.2M next year.  After that he's an UFA.  HOWEVER, only $3M of his $12.2M salary next year is guaranteed.  

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion Empty Re: First, tie up Cowen's head to prevent an ied like explosion

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 am

I will give KO’s agent a hell of alot of credit for getting that kind of contract for Mr Manbun. Guys let’s get serious, we know all about Kelly’s limitations, we need to figure out how to get Naz Reid ASAP

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:50 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I will give KO’s agent a hell of alot of credit for getting that kind of contract for Mr Manbun. Guys let’s get serious, we know all about Kelly’s limitations, we need to figure out how to get Naz Reid ASAP

Unless someone in Minnesota is asleep at the switch neither us or anyone else is going to get Naz Reid. He's under a team friendly contract this year and becomes a UFA next year. The kid has played himself into a big payday. As for Kelly O, is he better than Luke? That's the question. I never thought I would say this, but I got to go Luke at this point. Kelly can shoot it better, but Luke may provide slightly better D. In a perfect world I would rather just have Rob, Al and Grant play the 4-5.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:32 pm

Celtics17 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I will give KO’s agent a hell of alot of credit for getting that kind of contract for Mr Manbun. Guys let’s get serious, we know all about Kelly’s limitations, we need to figure out how to get Naz Reid ASAP

Unless someone in Minnesota is asleep at the switch neither us or anyone else is going to get Naz Reid. He's under a team friendly contract this year and becomes a UFA next year. The kid has played himself into a big payday. As for Kelly O, is he better than Luke? That's the question. I never thought I would say this, but I got to go Luke at this point. Kelly can shoot it better, but Luke may provide slightly better D. In a perfect world I would rather just have Rob, Al and Grant play the 4-5.

Celtics 17

Soto is a team that has 2 max level centers on their team. I do not know what a big pay day for Naz would be . There is nothing particularly special about him. He is a rotation guy off their bench. My guess is that he is a MLE guy at best Considering that MN will be looking to extend Anthony Edwards that would give them 3 max guys under contract. Plus D'Angelo Russell is an UFA after the year.
Do they just let him walk with no return compensation? Naz makes $1.9 million so the Celtics could get him if they wanted to. We have a $1.91 million TPE. Throw in a 2nd rounder and be done with it.

I see no reason why the Celtics would part with assets to get KO. His $12.8 million contract represents a very expensive rental. The concerns about our center depth is directly related to securing another big who can defend and rebound. That pretty much leaves KO out of the equation.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:36 pm

Naz Reid would be an excellent 3-4 backup center for us. Sweeten the pot for Sota. There must be some kinda deal that would not hurt us in a trade with Minny.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:29 pm

dboss wrote:
Celtics17 wrote:

Celtics 17

Soto is a team that has 2 max level centers on their team.  I do not know what a big pay day for Naz would be .  There is nothing particularly special about him.  He is a rotation guy off their bench.  My guess is that he is a MLE guy at best  Considering that MN will be looking to extend Anthony Edwards that would give them 3 max guys under contract.  Plus D'Angelo Russell is an UFA after the year.
Do they just let him walk with no return compensation?  Naz makes $1.9 million so the Celtics could get him if they wanted to.  We have  a $1.91 million TPE.  Throw in a 2nd rounder and be done with it.

I see no  reason why the Celtics would part with assets to get KO.  His $12.8 million contract represents a very expensive rental.   The concerns about our center depth is directly related to securing another big who can defend and rebound.  That pretty much leaves KO out of the equation.

Thanks Dboss

If this is the case it would be great to get Naz Reid, he would fit in well.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:37 pm

Celtics17

Mn will want more than my bargain basement offer.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:23 pm

It sounds as if the Celtics are not as interested in trading Pritchard as some think. His value has gone up in the last month or so, with Smart being out. He has made the most of his time on the floor. Maybe at the end of the year? But not now.

All these rumors about Reid, Kelly Olynk, makes me wonder, does this make Grant the expendable one???? He has not played well in a while, seems reluctant to shoot for some reason, a slump? I don’t know but we need him to wake up soon.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It sounds as if the Celtics are not as interested in trading Pritchard as some think. His value has gone up in the last month or so, with Smart being out. He has made the most of his time on the floor. Maybe at the end of the year? But not now.  

All these rumors about Reid, Kelly Olynk, makes me wonder, does this make Grant the expendable one????  He has not played well in a while, seems reluctant to shoot for some reason, a slump?  I don’t know but we need him to wake up soon.

Rosalie,

He's also due for a big payday, another reason why he might be the one going. Who knows? Maybe the reason why he's struggling is because Brad has told him he's the one going and he's sad?

I don't really see Reid or Kelly as replacements for Grant, but rather as depth at center. Ime and Joe have finally figured out that using Grant at small-ball 5 isn't an optimum application of him.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:24 pm

worcester wrote:Naz Reid would be an excellent 3-4 backup center for us. Sweeten the pot for Sota. There must be some kinda deal that would not hurt us in a trade with Minny.

Naz can also play next to Al or RWill and if I have to pick one between Grant and Naz, I’m taking Naz. I think he’s coming into his own and has upside, can do many big man things. Would love to have him for this seasons playoff run, if he’s an UFA then have to go after him this off season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down