Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful

4 posters

Go down

Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful Empty Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:02 pm

https://youtu.be/iPoSftRShdA
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful Empty Re: Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful

Post by Celtics17 Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:27 am

Never had seen that one, that was great!!! Thx.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful Empty Re: Havlicek & Russell interview, so wonderful

Post by bygone Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:39 am

New to me also. Thanks so much Rosalie.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:54 pm

Absolutely great, you can see in his eyes how much Russell loves Havlicek. When you been through battles/wars together you can develop that kind of relationship.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:20 pm

I always knew that there was a special bond that those guys had, all of them. I look at Havlicek and cannot believe that that guy, the specimen of health that he was for so long, taking such great care of himself, is gone. It saddens me. Listening to the story of Russ taking him out to buy furniture was special and it brought to mind KG, how special he was when he got here. When they went to Rome, he took all the young guys out and bought them suits!!! Really funny story, but just goes to show you, when the bonding is there, it can lead to success. Hopefully some of these players saw that story at some point. I loved every minute of it
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:17 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I always knew that there was a special bond that those guys had, all of them.  I look at Havlicek and cannot believe that that guy, the specimen of health that he was for so long, taking such great care of himself, is gone. It saddens me.  Listening to the story of Russ taking him out to buy furniture was special and it brought to mind KG, how special he was when he got here. When they went to Rome, he took all the young guys out and bought them suits!!!  Really funny story, but just goes to show you, when the bonding is there, it can lead to success. Hopefully some of these players saw that story at some point. I loved every minute of it

Yeah, I thought John would live forever, it is sad. I wish I had seen more of when Russell and Havlicek played together. I certainly remember the championship in 1969, and some recollection before that season. However, never got to see them when Russell when in his prime (except via film). That championship in 1969 is when Havlicek became my favorite player. Growing up in Jersey I was in the minority as most of the guys I played with liked either Frazier, West or Earl the pearl. LOL.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down