sinus007
NYCelt
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
prakash
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PLAYOFF 2023 - POST GAME PHILLY 76'ERS GAME #5 - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFF 2023 - POST GAME PHILLY 76'ERS GAME #5 - HOME

Post by Celtics17 Thu May 11, 2023 8:23 am

I have defended Joe all year. If Harden misses one of those threes in games 1 and 4 nobody is blaming him. All I am saying he is woefully inexperienced. I think he will be a very good coach eventually. I really think he needs a veteran assistant to guide him. Look at Steve Kerr, he’s got Kenny Atkinson on his staff and had Mike Brown on his staff for years. Most coaches have ex coaches or long time assistants on their staff. Stoudimire leaving didn’t help matters. Joe has had to learn on the fly without much help. It’s not his fault, but the problem is , Iin the playoffs his inexperience is showing at most in opportune times.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFF 2023 - POST GAME PHILLY 76'ERS GAME #5 - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFF 2023 - POST GAME PHILLY 76'ERS GAME #5 - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2023 9:30 am

Celtics17 wrote:I have defended Joe all year. If Harden misses one of those threes in games 1 and 4 nobody is blaming him. All I am saying he is woefully inexperienced. I think he will be a very good coach eventually. I really think he needs a veteran assistant to guide him. Look at Steve Kerr, he’s got Kenny Atkinson on his staff and had Mike Brown on his staff for years. Most coaches have ex coaches or long time assistants on their staff. Stoudimire leaving didn’t help matters. Joe has had to learn on the fly without much help. It’s not his fault, but the problem is , Iin the playoffs his inexperience is showing at most in opportune times.

+1

Totally agree, I was pissed when Stoudamire left and thought he should have gotten the head coaching position over Joe, as he has years more experience as a coach and was a very good ex player, who had that experience as well. I followed Atkinson on the Nets, he coached that team great and totally got a raw deal, the Kyrie/Durant primadonna syndrome. Brown has been phenomenal as a head coach this year and has been a great top defensive assistant. I would have gladly taken Atkinson or Brown as a HC if only either were available. As soon as Stoudamire left, the team got even more Jekyll and Hyde, management should have forced him to honor his contract and finish out the year at least. Coaching is so vital in this league, the great Larry Bird has gushed a few times how much he learned from Bill Fitch, the greats still need seasoning/another perspective. Our 2 J’s are a primary example, look how great they are, but it’s so obvious they still need help/guidance that they are not getting near enough of. This has happened before in the games history. MJ and Pippen needed Phil Jackson and Shaq and Kobe needed Dr Phil too, 4 of the greatest talents ever couldn’t do it on their own until they got the right coach. Maybe we show up tonight and 2 J’s play inspired ball and the whole team shows up enough to pull out this series, but I’m not expecting it, the way we have underperformed this whole playoffs.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 11, 2023 9:38 am

Just remember, Danny took Will and was looking to try to lure Joe too. There is more to this guy than we see. I wish Stoudemire had stayed thru the season, but, hey the job was there and he had to start recruiting. The rumors of Stephen Silas possibly be wooed by Stevens makes me wonder, why not hire him now (he must be getting $$$ from Houston and not ready to make a move this year) but waiting for next year is too bad.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2023 10:18 am

If he has a contract he’s got a contract, make him be loyal to us, it’s obvious Joe needs help. He can’t even come up with/make plays ATO, that’s how little direction they have. They may be great players, but they need direction. That loss/decision may have been the one leading to where we are now, when we gave them 2 games at the bitter end….thus possibly costing us a Finals opportunity. If Stoudamire could have pointed out one thing that team needed in a certain situation maybe this series is already over.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2023 10:42 am

Celtics17 wrote:Cowens

I really can’t disagree with any of your comments. I think we all were worried about the coach, 57-25 had us denying what we were seeing. It’s such a shame because this really should be our year. I watched the Knicks game and even though Miami lost tonite, they are so well coached. Always do the right things. Also if we are honest with ourselves Synder severely out coached Joe in round one. As you said, there weren’t a lot of choices after the Ime debacle. The losses in games 1 and 4 of this series were just crippling. You can’t give a team 2 games in a seven game series and still expect to win. You have to give the sixers some credit for making some big shots, but we are the better team. I had such high hopes for this team that I still felt good coming home at 2-2. However, it was evident early first quarter we didn’t have it last night. I don’t think Doc is that great a coach, but he has experienced assistants. He’s a great motivator and leader, but his actual tactical skills are average at best. I think in time Joe will probably become a very good NBA coach, but he’s just woefully inexperienced at this point, and so are his assistants. Losing Stoudimire also didn’t help. Someone mentioned that the Celtics need to hire an experienced ex coach to help guide Joe. I think that’s something that has to be done. Unfortunately, that’s not going to our current predicament. I will never give up on this team. I bleed green. I’m hoping we have a great 48 minutes in us in Game 6; but frankly I’m worried.

We had one good quarter in game 4 and blew a 5 point lead with 2 minutes left, we got smoked from beginning to the end in game 5, total collapse. Team played with no energy because once they bricked a few 3’s early, they didn’t trust the strategy/game plan making them more hesitant. Tatum’s start also killed us. Doc found something, the Harden-Embid duo is really playing well off each other now, giving us a ton of problems. Based on everything we’ve seen I’m not confident we can get our mojo/confidence back….if we bow out meekly, another total collapse there will have to be changes made.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Thu May 11, 2023 10:49 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:If he has a contract he’s got a contract, make him be loyal to us, it’s obvious Joe needs help. He can’t even come up with/make plays ATO, that’s how little direction they have. They may be great players, but they need direction. That loss/decision may have been the one leading to where we are now, when we gave them 2 games at the bitter end….thus possibly costing us a Finals opportunity. If Stoudamire could have pointed out one thing that team needed in a certain situation maybe this series is already over.

+1

Great players still need guidance. It's not their job to figure out everything on the court. They need a system that flows and works, so they can just react. It is incredibly frustrating we are down 3-2 in a series we could have won by now. The sixers are a very team good team, but we proved in the first four games who was the better team. Unfortunately, nothing we can do now except hope our boys play their hearts out tonite and bring it back home for a 7th game.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2023 10:56 am

Celtics17 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If he has a contract he’s got a contract, make him be loyal to us, it’s obvious Joe needs help. He can’t even come up with/make plays ATO, that’s how little direction they have. They may be great players, but they need direction. That loss/decision may have been the one leading to where we are now, when we gave them 2 games at the bitter end….thus possibly costing us a Finals opportunity. If Stoudamire could have pointed out one thing that team needed in a certain situation maybe this series is already over.

+1

Great players still need guidance. It's not their job to figure out everything on the court. They need a system that flows and works, so they can just react. It is incredibly frustrating we are down 3-2 in a series we could have won by now. The sixers are a very team good team, but we proved in the first four games who was the better team. Unfortunately, nothing we can do now except hope our boys play their hearts out tonite and bring it back home for a 7th game.

That’s what I’m hoping

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Great defense will bring great offense, that is the one thing they have to remember. Rebound and Defend and we will be fine. One thing to remember is, alot of those shots they got the other night were wide open shots, they just missed. I have one suggestion for Joe, give Blake a shot in the middle, he rebounds and gives them energy. Obviously, he has lost some faith in Rob and his lack of playing Embid. One thing Embid does not like is a body on him, give him a shot, it is worth a try
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2