Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss

5 posters

Go down

Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss Empty Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss

Post by 112288 Tue May 23, 2023 11:04 pm

Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss
Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck reportedly wasn't happy

NESN by Greg Dudek

It wasn’t just a tough for Celtics fans to watch the team’s embarrassing effort in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Miami Heat. It seems the no-show from the Celtics also struck a nerve with the organization’s upper management.

While a video circulated of Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck appearing to tell head coach Joe Mazzulla along the sideline to pull the starters in the lopsided defeat, Celtics great and the team’s radio broadcast color commentator Cedric Maxwell fueled another rumor.

Maxwell told 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich” show Tuesday that he heard members of upper management had conversations with Celtics players following the Game 3 loss.

“No, I haven’t seen any of that (video), you know. I’ve heard that different things happened after the game,” Maxwell said. “There were some exchanges. But, you know, I just think that Wyc and everybody else wants to win and they were embarrassed.”

Maxwell didn’t go into detail about the “exchanges” he heard about, but it couldn’t have been a comfortable encounter given how the game played out, which led to another former Celtics players saying the team “quit” on Mazzulla.

“I just heard that there was just a run-in between people in upper management and with the players,” Maxwell said. “I don’t know any more than that. That’s a rumor that came through, but it didn’t really matter about that. But with Wyc and what happened with them, it was more about what the players did on the floor and how they responded.”

With Boston’s season stunningly on the brink of coming to an end to the eighth-seeded Heat, the Celtics have faced an onslaught of criticism to go along with reports of a disconnect on the team.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowksi reported Monday night that Celtics players “never got over” the dismissal of former head coach Ime Udoka after he was suspended by the team for violations of team policies right before training camp. And the Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor said prior to Tuesday’s Game 4 that he heard from a source within the past week that told him the Celtics are “tired of fake liking each other.”

Maxwell’s rumors just continue the downward spiral the Celtics are currently caught in, and it could get worse if the Celtics don’t find a way to stop the implosion in Game 4.

Back to top Go down

Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss Empty Re: Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss

Post by bobheckler Wed May 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Good for him.  Kick their ass, Wyc.  You too, Brad (although I doubt he will, it's not his style).  Well, even if that story is true it sure didn't hurt them in game 4.

As far as Woj's reporting about Ime etc. I am usually the first to take a knee to his reporting but we have had Tatum and Smart back Joe to the hilt.  Jaylen, however, hasn't.  That doesn't necessarily mean he's gone cold on him, it just might mean that he wants to keep the focus on himself and the players, which is where he has historically tried to keep it. And if our core backs Joe then Woj's story is a tempest in a teapot because it doesn't really matter what "lesser" players think. What matters is what your "difference-makers" think, not the role players.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss Empty Re: Celtics Management Reportedly Had ‘Run-In’ With Players After Tough Game 3 Loss

Post by NYCelt Wed May 24, 2023 2:04 pm

Love Max, but I seldom give any weight to his comments about the team behind the scenes. Too many times his stories have appeared to flush out as hearsay and assumptions without any solid basis.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed May 24, 2023 8:43 pm

Let’s hope they're not true because tha’s not the move.
If Wyc indeed did what’s reported, thats a bad move on his part.
Sit your box and let the people in charge handle it.

Ever since I read that 2 principals involved and invested with this team are Bain Capital honcho’s I’ve been having nightmares.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 24, 2023 10:35 pm

I know Bain Capital,

They take no prisoners alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 25, 2023 9:24 am

112288 wrote:I know Bain Capital,

Does it make sense to take prisoners any other way besides alive?

Laughing

Bob

I just wanted to emphasis that because what people do not know,  PE Firms are ruthless like Bain capital. My point, at least bring the body back to let the family have a proper burial. In addition the heads of such firms like Pag's are cut throat, and with people I know who have delt with Pag's in the past, he has a temper and a no non-sense guy.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 25, 2023 9:50 am

Whoever is in decent on the Celtics giving Brown a super max contract, you can bet it will be Pag's!  I think a lot of people are now turned off on this current team and roster, including me. I have never seen a Celtic team quit on a coach and mail it in as I saw in game 3. Even if they win the whole thing, I really cannot root for this team as currently constituted.

Time to turn the page and move on with some key new players.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 25, 2023 10:31 am

bobheckler wrote:

Laughing

Bob

I just wanted to emphasis that because what people do not know,  PE Firms are ruthless like Bain capital. My point, at least bring the body back to let the family have a proper burial.   In addition the heads of such firms like Pag's are cut throat, and with people I know who have delt with Pag's in the past, he has a temper and a no non-sense guy.

Obviously I was trying to be funny but, you're right; nice guys finish last, or they don't finish nice.  Out here in Silicon Valley we run into people who have dealt with Elon Musk and they all say the same thing.  He's nice enough in a social setting, although pretty awkward because he's "on the spectrum" as he himself has described himself, but when it comes to business he is a brutal taskmaster and doesn't give a rip about what sacrifices you have to make to get your assigned task (assigned by him!) done.  I was in a jazz band and our drummer was one of Steve Job's early hires at Apple and he said the same thing.  Nice guy, pitiless boss.  I'll bet the same can be said for every wealthy person who is "self-made".  They weren't born into it, they created it and they're damn jealous and proud of it too.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu May 25, 2023 12:49 pm

I’ve lived through some of this. Empty studios and vacant cubicles. Total devastation.  BTW, Ryan Seacrest is also in bed with these Bloodsuckers.

https://boingboing.net/2018/03/16/craigslist-not-to-blame.html

https://www.whartonugpevc.com/articles/2018/4/5/bain-capital-iheart-media-the-slippery-slope-of-lbos

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 25, 2023 3:15 pm

bobheckler wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Laughing

Bob

I just wanted to emphasis that because what people do not know,  PE Firms are ruthless like Bain capital. My point, at least bring the body back to let the family have a proper burial.   In addition the heads of such firms like Pag's are cut throat, and with people I know who have delt with Pag's in the past, he has a temper and a no non-sense guy.

Obviously I was trying to be funny but, you're right; nice guys finish last, or they don't finish nice.  Out here in Silicon Valley we run into people who have dealt with Elon Musk and they all say the same thing.  He's nice enough in a social setting, although pretty awkward because he's "on the spectrum" as he himself has described himself, but when it comes to business he is a brutal taskmaster and doesn't give a rip about what sacrifices you have to make to get your assigned task (assigned by him!) done.  I was in a jazz band and our drummer was one of Steve Job's early hires at Apple and he said the same thing.  Nice guy, pitiless boss.  I'll bet the same can be said for every wealthy person who is "self-made".  They weren't born into it, they created it and they're damn jealous and proud of it too.

Bob

Bob,

They are. That is why I hired Fenwick & West to represent my software firm (veraisys.com) when dealing with the VC's and PE firms. Fenwick is the top legal firm in the Silicon Vally. I also know at some point I will be meeting Bain Capital through our law firm's introduction in Boston.

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri May 26, 2023 1:43 pm

I really don't care who had "run-ins" with each other after game #3 because if any of those players or coaches had been available to me after that game each one of them would have had a "run-in" with me, too.

I have no problem with competitive people on the same team not liking each other after such a loss, or even if they don't like each other at all.  We all have worked with some people we don't ever expect to have over for dinner or go on vacation with, so work goes on until the last game is either won or loss n the case of every sports team.

BUT, I do care about the results in the next game (now it is two next games), and right now the Cs have solved their issues since last Monday.  They have played spectacular basketball in games #4 and 5, and now have a chance to play in game #6 (and, perhaps in a game #7) against Miami.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down