Another new coach?

4 posters

Go down

Another new coach? Empty Another new coach?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:54 pm

Report: Celtics hiring Amile Jefferson as assistant coach
The Celtics are adding another coach.
By AdamTaylorNBA@AdamTaylorNBA Jun 21, 2023,
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Another new coach? Empty Re: Another new coach?

Post by gyso Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:10 pm

Jaylen's friend from Duke. He had a 10-day with us a couple years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:32 pm

Filling out the staff. 3 or 4 guys left to join Ime
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:26 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2023/06/celtics-assistant-departs-to-join-pelicans-coaching-staff-report.html

Celtics assistant departs to join Pelicans coaching staff (report)

Published: Jun. 25, 2023, 12:03 p.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

The Celtics have already made several changes to their coaching staff under Joe Mazzulla this offseason and that trend will continue this month.

According to a report from Marc Spears of the Undefeated, Celtics assistant coach Aaron Miles will be joining the Pelicans coaching staff under Willie Green. Miles was hired by Ime Udoka before the 2021-22 season and spent two years with the team.

Miles, 40, is an Oregon native who suited up with Udoka during his playing days in the G-League. He retired from his pro playing career in 2015, landing positions with Kansas and Florida Gulf Coast before the Warriors hired him as a G-League head coach in 2017. He was promoted from that position to a player developmental coach in 2019, a position he left to join the Celtics

Three other C’s assistant coaches hired by Udoka originally in Ben Sullivan, Mike Moser and Garrett Jackson also left Boston the team this offseason to join Udoka’s new staff in Houston.

The Celtics have already addressed these departures with a pair of impressive hires in Sam Cassell and Charles Lee as top assistants. The team is also bringing aboard Duke assistant coach Amile Jefferson, a former NBA player who played alongside Jayson Tatum at Duke. The team also has filled the spot for Damon Stoudamire who left midway through last season to accept the Georgia Tech head coaching job.

Brad Stevens talked about the coaching changes after the NBA Draft on Thursday night.

“It’s Joe’s staff,” Stevens said. “After the year we obviously had one of the front-of-the-bench assistant spots was open that Damon had left. And then when Ben chose to leave, we had another one. To be able to get those two guys here was great, Charles and Sam, nothing else is officially finalized, so I can’t comment on anything else. But there will be some new faces that all bring great energy and are all excited to be here. Charles and Sam have been here for the whole week. So it’s been great to spend time with them and be ready to go. We’ve got a good staff.”

Bob
MY NOTE:  I understand assistant coaches like Tom Hardy leaving to be the HC for Danny in Utah.  I understand Damon Stoudemire leaving to become the HC @ Georgia Tech.  I understand some of Ime's coaches leaving to coach for him again, but this one?  He's leaving for another assistant coaching job, and not with Ime?

BTW, the Celtics hired another Dukie for assistant coach.  Amil Jefferson played 2 years for Orlando, and a bunch of G-League.  He graduated in 4 years from Duke with a BA in History and a Masters in Christian Studies from Duke's Divinity School.  Given this I am not surprised Joe likes him.  He was Duke's Player Development Coach for 2 years.  So, he's really inexperienced.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down