bobheckler
dboss
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jordan Walsh Empty Jordan Walsh

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:32 am

He gets his own thread.

I went back and watched more clips on him and will probably go back again.

I like his size, length and especially his lateral quickness

I like his ability to get to the rim

I like his interior passing

I really like his intensity in one on one coverage

I like his hops

I like his shooting mechanics.  His shot is definitely not broken.

I like his handle because he stays relatively low

He stated that he can guard 1-4.  That is exactly the type of defender that the Celtics need.  I have been saying that the Celtics needed to add a long athletic defender and that is exactly what Brad did in drafting him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Jordan Walsh Empty Re: Jordan Walsh

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:54 am

DBoss,

I concur 100%.  I've watched quite a bit of his film since he was drafted too, as much as I could find to be honest.  You are dead on with each of your observations.

I tend to oversell myself on 2nd round picks (I thought Yam Madar had a chance based upon his films too) but, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I think Jordan Walsh is in the right place at the right time.  We need a lock down defender ala Smart, and we need cheap talent because of the upcoming extensions of Jaylen and Z.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to ogle this kid, and don't want to wait until SL, here's some film for you. It's < 3 minutes long.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:00 pm

Bob

The kid is just 19 and he has the tools to get better. It is rare that Boston goes after a defensive guy.

He probably lands on a two way deal.

The Celtics have been rounding out their roster the last few years with veterans that have minimal impact.

I have no problem will adding a kid or 2 to our roster. We have a lot of high quality veterans already on the team.

Kids like Davidson and Walsh could develop quicker if the Celtics made an effort to get them some game time. The key is to slide them in there (not necessarily at the same time) with our top rotation guys. Get them some run and see how they respond. Let them make a few mistakes, learn from them and apply what they learned in a game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:30 am

Diamond in the rough, has that one skill already that he can build on, looks like a lockdown defender. Brad has been getting accolades from Steven A for a reason, knowing when and how to pounce on Zinger and getting potential great value at 38, plus so many more future draft picks…he nailed it IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:52 am

[quote="dboss"]He gets his own thread.

I went back and watched more clips on him and will probably go back again.

I like his size, length and especially his lateral quickness

I like his ability to get to the rim

I like his interior passing

I really like his intensity in one on one coverage

I like his hops

I like his shooting mechanics.  His shot is definitely not broken.

I like his handle because he stays relatively low

He stated that he can guard 1-4.  That is exactly the type of defender that the Celtics need.  I have been saying that the Celtics needed to add a long athletic defender and that is exactly what Brad did in drafting him.[/quot

dboss

+1

Saw him play a couple times with Arkansas. He definitely displayed all the skills you noted. He has to develop, but he has NBA skills.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:50 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
1 minute ago
Jordan Walsh, on meeting Grant Williams in the weight room: "He told me I was built like a bug or something. He was like, ‘Everybody can’t be built like me, like a god.’ We were in the weight room just joking around, but it was funny to talk to him."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:14 pm

The Celtics have reportedly agreed to a 4 year deal with Jordan Walsh.

The New CBA says the 4th year must be Team Option.  Also, I think 2nd round pick contracts do not affect the salary cap (GYSO?).  It is thought the first 1 or 2 years will be guaranteed.

Welcome to the Boston Celtics and the NBA,  Jordan Walsh.

I must admit I am shocked this was done before they got to see him in SL.  They must be pretty confident in his skills.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Celtics have reportedly agreed to a 4 year deal with Jordan Walsh.

The New CBA says the 4th year must be Team Option.  Also, I think 2nd round pick contracts do not affect the salary cap (GYSO?).  It is thought the first 1 or 2 years will be guaranteed.

I must admit I am shocked this was done before they got to see him in SL.  They must be pretty confident in his skills.

Bob

So no 2-way?   The Celtics must believe he can help sooner rather than later.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:24 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:The Celtics have reportedly agreed to a 4 year deal with Jordan Walsh.

Bob

So no 2-way?   The Celtics must believe he can help sooner rather than later.

Dboss,

Two-way players can only sign for 1-2 years.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:47 pm

For once, I'm In the majority. I also predicted that his defensive chops might earn him playing time. Teach him to shoot and we may have discovered a gem.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:58 pm

Bob,

Second round draft pick salaries count against team salary 100%.

Vet min contracts pay according to how many years experience the player has, but the cost for team salary is capped at the two year limit.  Or something like that.  That may be what you are thinking.

The reason for the 3+1 years is to set up for Bird Rights at the end of his contract.  Jordan will be an RFA and the Celtics can match all offers.  The Heat lost Gabe Vincent and/or Max Strus because they couldn't match, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 pm

I notice that Justin Champagnie (NONGURANTEED) is still on the active roster.

14 or 15 to start the Yr.?

Maybe one more addition?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Celtics sign rookie Jordan Walsh to four-year, $7.6 million contract

https://www.celticsblog.com/2023/7/6/23786335/boston-celtics-sign-rookie-jordan-walsh-four-year-7-6-million-contract-second-round-exception

The second-round pick will be on a standard deal, with a team option in the fourth year.

By Jack Simone@JackSimoneNBA  Jul 6, 2023, 5:03pm EDT

The Boston Celtics have signed rookie forward Jordan Walsh to a four-year, $7.6 million contract, per Michael Scotto of HoopsHype. According to Keith Smith of Spotrac, the deal will include a team option in the final season.

Walsh’s contract classifies as the second-round pick exception, a contract introduced by the new CBA. It allows teams to sign second-round picks to three or four-year standard deals.

Boston traded back in the 2023 NBA Draft to select Walsh with the 38th pick, making the 19-year-old their only rookie from this year’s class.

Walsh’s 7-foot-2 wingspan and impressive motor helped his defensive potential leap off the page with the Razorbacks and heading into the NBA Draft. During his first public appearance as a Celtic, Walsh emphasized that skillset in an attempt to endear himself to Boston fans.

“I heard that Boston likes people who dive on the floor more than people who dunk the ball. That guy’s going to be me,” Walsh said at a Celtics basketball camp in Cambridge on June 26. “I’ll still do a little dunking, but I’m just a guy who wants to do whatever it takes to win.”

The camp and the city welcomed him with open arms, and Walsh was ready to reciprocate the love.

“I got here last night, and it’s starting to sink in. This helps for sure. The kids here have definitely welcomed me to the Celtics,” Walsh said. “It’s been fun. I love the city so far. I love the food I’ve eaten. I love the people. I love the facilities. I’ve fallen in love with Boston, and I haven’t even been here 24 hours.”

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:39 pm

Walsh’s contract classifies as the second-round pick exception, a contract introduced by the new CBA. It allows teams to sign second-round picks to three or four-year standard deals.

Old rules:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q48

Also unlike first round picks, teams do not receive a salary cap exception specifically for their second round picks. These players must be signed using cap room or an available exception (see question number 25), such as the Minimum Player Salary exception or the Mid-Level exception. It is most common for a second round pick to receive the minimum salary and be signed using the Minimum Player Salary exception [aka: vet minimum]  . However, since the Minimum Player Salary exception limits contracts to two seasons, it is not uncommon for teams to use a portion of their Mid-Level exception in order to sign the player for three seasons. This gives the team full Bird rights at the end of the contract, and avoids the Gilbert Arenas provision (see question number 43).

My comment: In the past, 2nd round picks couldn't be signed for more than 2 years unless the team used part of a MLE.  There was no direct path to a three year pact and Bird Rights.

Now there is.

Advantage: Team.

They get to keep control of the player longer for less money.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:45 pm

It is bumming me out that Larry Coon's FAQ isn't updated yet with the new CBA info.  Then I could look this stuff up by myself and not rely on articles like this to spoon-feed us one new rule at a time.

At least I can go back and see what the old rules were and compare.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:54 pm

I just read that you cannot have a second-round pick on a two-way contract for one season, then sign him to a second-round exception contract for the next.

It has to be the second-round exception contract right off the bat or it is back to the old rules after the first season.

That's unverified, yet it sounds about right.

I don't know how that affects JD this next year.

Also, Second Round Pick exception signings don’t count against the cap until July 31. This is to encourage teams to sign their second rounders as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:07 am

Gyso

The Celtics still have a Cap Hold on JD for $1.8 million.  It is displayed as a QO under a 2-way deal which makes him a RFA.  It appears they could retain him for one more year under a 2-way deal

I would like to see the Celtics release Justin Champagnie and sign JD to a regular contract.

That would give us 14 players under contract with one open roster spot.

I do not believe MB will be here for the remaining 2 years of his contract.  However with Smart gone I fully expect him to be here this season.  The Celtics will need to find a BU PG replacement for MB.  

From the games that I have watched I do like JD's PG skills.  He still has work to do on his 3 point shooting but he is more of a scorer (50%) from the field.   He does not chuck away from deep. His assist to TO ratio is pretty good at 2.9  He has a real knack for making lob passes.  He looks like a pass first PG.

Last season he did not get an opportunity to play much at all with the regular team.  If he was added to the roster he probably would not get a lot of playing time but he could benefit from being around more experienced guys who play his position.  

In any event the Celtics have control for another year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:15 pm

dboss,

When I wrote, "I don't know how that affects JD this next year", it was in reference to the new second-round exception contract. Since Larry Coon's FAQ isn't updated with the new CBA rules, I don't know the fine details around the new exception.

It seems like JD cannot get the new second-round exception contract because he already had one year as a 2-way, but I cannot verify that. Most likely, his future contracts are governed by the old rules.

For the most part, I was just using that single post as a catch-all for when I was reading online. If I saw something about the new second-round exception contract, I added it there and reposted it instead of adding a new post each time.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:36 pm

Gyso

You are the devil's in the detail go to for me.

Thx
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:08 pm

dboss wrote:Gyso

You are the devil's in the detail go to for me.

Thx
                                                                                            me too. much appreciated
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:54 am

i cant get the images to post but has anyone else noticed a eery resemblence to our newest guy and the main zombie dood from I am Legend?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 am

Matty,

Jordan has alopecia. Making jokes about or comparing zombies to sufferers of this malady could get you slapped. Ask Chris Rock.

All jokes aside, here's some info:

Everything You Need to Know About Alopecia Areata

https://www.healthline.com/health/alopecia-areata

Alopecia areata is an unpredictable condition that causes the hair on your face or body to fall out in patches. Treatments include creams, injections, oral medications, and laser therapy.

What is alopecia areata?

Alopecia areata is a condition that causes your hair to fall out in patches. These patches may connect and then become more noticeable. The condition develops when your immune system attacks the hair follicles causing hair loss.

This kind of hair loss is very common, affecting nearly 7 million people in the United States, according to the National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF). It can affect people of any ethnicity, sex, or age. Alopecia areata may begin in childhood or adulthood. It is also different for each person.

Hair loss: Common causes and treatment

Alopecia areata may occur on your scalp and in some cases, your eyebrows, eyelashes, and face, as well as other parts of your body. It can also develop slowly and recur after years between instances.

When hair loss involves all the hair on your body, the condition is called alopecia universalis. When your hair does grow back, it’s possible you might experience hair loss again. The extent of hair loss and regrowth varies from person to person.

There’s currently no cure for alopecia areata, but there are positive things you can keep in mind about the condition and your outlook.

According to the National Alopecia Areata Foundation, this kind of hair loss does not always become a lifelong condition. The hair follicles themselves are alive, so hair can often be regrown.

There are also treatments that may help your hair grow back more quickly and that can prevent future hair loss, as well as unique ways to cover up the hair loss. Resources are also available to help you cope with stress that can be related to hair loss.

Research data on race and ethnicity

The disease burden of alopecia areata is not equal across all populations.

For example, some findingsTrusted Source suggest that African American and Hispanic females have a greater lifetime occurrence of the condition when compared with white females. There’s also the suggestion that there’s a lower risk in Asian people compared to white females.

But only a few studies have examined the patterns and determinants of alopecia and pathophysiological factors are largely unexplored.

Further research is required that takes into consideration environmental, behavioral, genetic, and socioeconomic factors as well as access to healthcare.

According to a 2020 studyTrusted Source based on an analysis of over 11,000 cases in the National Alopecia Areata Registry between 2000 and 2016, the approximate odds ratios of an alopecia areata diagnosis for various races, with white people as the comparison group, are as follows:

1.77 for African Americans
1.27 for other races, including Native Americans and Pacific Islanders
1 for white people
.9 for Hispanic people
.4 for Asian people

Based on a 2018 analysis from the Nurses’ Health Study (NHS) and Nurses’ Health Study II (NHSII) of over 1,100 women who reported a diagnosis of alopecia areata, compared with 1.00 odds for white women, the odds for a diagnosis for Black women were 2.72, per the NHS and 5.48, per the NHSII.

For Hispanic women, the odds were 1.94 compared with white women, based on the NHSII. There were no significant incidence differences based on the NHS.

Treatment

There’s no known cure for alopecia areata, but there are treatments that you can try that might be able to slow down future hair loss or help hair grow back more quickly.

The condition is difficult to predict, which means it may require a large amount of trial and error until you find something that works for you. It’s also important to remember that treatment isn’t always successful. Some people may continue to have hair loss, even with treatment.

Medical treatments

Topical agents

You can rub medications into your scalp to help stimulate hair growth. A number of medications are available, both over the counter (OTC) and by prescription:

Minoxidil (Rogaine) has OTC availability, and while it’s commonly used, it is not FDA approved for alopecia areata. Before applying it to areas such as the scalp, eyebrows, and beard, you should speak with a healthcare professional. There’s only evidence that it’s useful for people with limited alopecia areataTrusted Source. It generally takes about 4–6 months, or longer, to see results.

Anthralin (Dritho-Scalp) is a drug that irritates the skin to spur hair regrowth.

Corticosteroid creams such as clobetasol (Impoyz), foams, lotions, and ointments are thought to work by decreasing inflammation in the hair follicle.

Topical immunotherapy is a technique in which a chemical like diphencyprone is applied to the skin to spark an allergic rash. The rash, which resembles poison oak, may induce new hair growth within 6 months. However, though repeat treatment may be necessary, it isn’t ordinarily done indefinitely.

Injections

Steroid injections are a common option for mild, patchy alopecia to help hair grow back on bald spots. Tiny needles inject the steroid into the bald area.

The treatment has to be repeated every 1 to 2 months to regrow hair. It does not prevent new hair loss from occurring.

Oral treatments

Cortisone tablets are sometimes used for extensive alopecia, but due to the possibility of side effects, you should discuss this option with a doctor.

Oral immunosuppressants, like methotrexate and cyclosporine, are another option you can try. They work by blocking the immune system’s response, but they cannot be used for a long period of time due to the risk of side effects, such as high blood pressure, liver and kidney damage, and an increased risk of serious infections and a type of cancer called lymphoma.

Laser and Light therapy

Light therapy is also called photochemotherapy, which uses a light sensitizer, or phototherapy, which uses specific wavelengths of ultraviolet light for their healing effects. Laser treatment delivers specific doses of radiation to encourage new hair growth. Both therapies are considered safe and effectiveTrusted Source.

Natural treatment

Some people with alopecia areata choose alternative therapies to treat the condition. However, it’s important to know that these are all experimental. They have not been tested in clinical trials, and there is no solid medical or scientific evidence to show that they’re effective.

Natural and alternative treatments include acupuncture, aromatherapy, vitamins and supplements (including zinc and biotin), essential oils and other oils (such as coconut, tea tree, and castor oil), onion juice rubbed onto the scalp, and probiotics.

There is some evidence that changes to diet may have a positive effectTrusted Source on alopecia areata.

Some individuals with a diagnosed autoimmune condition may consider following an anti-inflammatory diet. This type of eating plan is designed to help reduce the body’s autoimmune response and the chances of another hair loss episode or further hair loss.

On this diet, you eat foods that are known to ease the inflammation process. The foundational foods of this diet, also known as the autoimmune protocol, are fruits and vegetables like blueberries, nuts, seeds, broccoli, beets, and lean meats like wild-caught salmon.

Some studies have also shown that a Mediterranean dietTrusted Source may have a positive effect on alopecia areata.

Eating a balanced diet — one with whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean meat — is beneficial to your overall health for many reasons, not just for reducing inflammation.

About Supplements

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require supplement makers to prove their products are safe. Sometimes the claims on the supplement labels are inaccurate or misleading. Always talk with a healthcare professional before trying any herbal or vitamin supplement.

Was this helpful?

The effectiveness of each treatment will vary from person to person. Some people won’t need treatment because their hair grows back on its own. However, in other cases, people won’t see improvement despite potentially trying every treatment option.

You might need to try more than one treatment to see a difference. Keep in mind that hair regrowth may only be temporary. It’s possible for the hair to grow back and then fall out again.

Causes of alopecia areata

Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition. An autoimmune condition develops when the immune system mistakes healthy cells for foreign substances. Normally, the immune system defends your body against foreign invaders, such as viruses and bacteria.

However, if you have alopecia areata, your immune system mistakenly attacks your hair follicles. Hair follicles are the structures from which hairs grow. When the follicles become smaller and stop producing hair, it leads to hair loss.

Researchers don’t know the exact cause of this condition. Some possible risk factors have been identified, including:

genetics, such as a close family member with alopecia areata
having certain health conditions, such as Down’s Syndrome, thyroid disease, or vitiligo
vitamin D deficiency
There is also a condition known as nivolumab-induced alopecia areata. This occurs in people who are being treated with the cancer drug nivolumab. In these cases, hair loss is a sign that the drug is working.

Symptoms of alopecia areata

The main symptom of alopecia areata is hair loss. Hair usually falls out in patches on the scalp. These patches are often several centimeters or less.

Hair loss might also occur on other parts of the face, like the eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard, as well as other parts of the body. Some people lose hair in a few places. Others lose it in multiple spots.

You may first notice clumps of hair on your pillow or in the shower. If the spots are on the back of your head, someone may bring it to your attention. However, other health conditions can also cause hair to fall out in a similar pattern. Hair loss alone is not used to diagnose alopecia areata.

In rare cases, some people may experience more extensive hair loss. This is usually an indication of another type of alopecia, such as:

alopecia totalis, which is the loss of all hair on the scalp
alopecia universalis, which is the loss of all hair on the entire body
Doctors might avoid using the terms “totalis” and “universalis” because some people may experience a degree of hair loss between the two conditions. For example, it’s possible to lose all hair on the arms, legs, and scalp, but not on the chest.

The hair loss associated with alopecia areata is unpredictable, and as far as doctors and researchers can tell, it appears to be spontaneousTrusted Source. The hair may grow back at any time and then may fall out again. The extent of hair loss and regrowth varies greatly from person to person.

Alopecia areata based on gender

Alopecia areata occurs in both men and women with some sources stating that men are more prone and others saying the opposite.

People may experience hair loss in their facial hair, as well as their scalp, chest, and back hair. Compared with male-pattern baldness, which is a gradual thinning of hair all over, hair loss from this condition causes diffuse and patchy hair loss.

Unlike female-pattern hair loss, which is a gradual thinning of hair that covers a large area, alopecia areata may be confined to a small area. The hair loss may occur all at once, too. The area can gradually expand, which results in greater hair loss.

Alopecia areata in children

Children can develop alopecia areata. However typical onset is between 25 and 36 years old.

While there is some hereditary component to alopecia areata, parents with the condition don’t always pass it on to their children. Likewise, children with this type of hair loss may not have a parent who has it.

In addition to hair loss, children may experience nail defects, such as pitting or lesions. Adults may experience this additional symptom, too, but it’s likely more common in children.

According to the NAAF, children younger than 5 years old typically don’t experience much of an emotional impact from alopecia. However, after age 5, hair loss can be traumatizing for young children as they start noticing differences in their hair compared with others.

If your child appears stressed or depressed, ask a pediatrician about supportive resources like recommending a counselor experienced in working with children.

Types

Several types of alopecia areata exist. Each type is characterized by the extent of hair loss and other symptoms you may be experiencing. Each type may also have a slightly different treatment and prognosis.

Alopecia areata (patchy)

The main characteristic of the patchy type of alopecia areata is one or more coin-sized patches of hair loss on the skin or body. If this condition expands, it may become alopecia totalis or alopecia universalis.

Alopecia totalis

Alopecia totalis occurs when you have hair loss across the entire scalp.

Alopecia universalis

In addition to losing hair on the scalp, people with alopecia universalis also lose all hair on the face — eyebrows and eyelashes. Alopecia universalis causes total body hair loss.

Diffuse alopecia areata

Also called alopecia areata incognitaTrusted Source, diffuse alopecia areata may look a lot like female- or male-pattern hair loss. It results in sudden and unexpected thinning of hair all over the scalp, not in just one area or patch.

Ophiasis alopecia

Hair loss that follows a band along the sides and lower back of the scalp is called ophiasis alopecia.

Alopecia areata prognosis

The prognosis for alopecia areata is different for each person. It’s also unpredictableTrusted Source.

Once you develop this autoimmune condition, you may experience lifelong bouts of hair loss and other related symptoms. However, some people may only experience hair loss once in their lifetime.

The same variation applies to recovery: Some people may experience full regrowth of hair, while others may not. They may even experience additional hair loss.

For people with alopecia areata, an increased risk of a negative impact on their outlook is associated with several factors:

early age of onset
extensive hair loss
nail changes
family history
having multiple autoimmune conditions

How to cope with alopecia areata

Alopecia areata can be emotionally challenging, especially when hair loss affects the whole scalp. People with the condition may feel isolated or become depressed. Reaching out for support can be helpful. The National Alopecia Areata Foundation can help connect you with people who understand what you are experiencing.

It’s important to keep in mind that more than 5 million peopleTrusted Source in the United States have alopecia areata. You are not alone. There are lifestyle changes you can make to help cope with the condition.

If you’re looking for help with wigs, eyelash extensions, or eyebrow stencils, the NAAF maintains an online shop with hair accessories and products. Wig companies like Godiva’s Secret Wigs also have online videos and tutorials for help with styling and care.

New wig technologies, like the vacuum wig, which is made from silicon and a suction base, mean that people with alopecia can even swim with their wigs still in place. Vacuum wigs, however, are typically more expensive.

If hair loss affects your eyebrows, an eyebrow pencil, microblading, and eyebrow tattoos are a few options to consider.

Microblading is a semipermanent tattooing technique that fills in the eyebrows using hairlike strokes. It looks more natural than traditional eyebrow tattoos and lasts for 1 to 3 years.

YouTube has makeup tutorials on how to fill in and style your eyebrows. Both women and men who lose their eyebrows can practice filling them in with real-life video tutorials, like this one.

Eyelash extensions are difficult to apply when you don’t have a surface for them to adhere to, but you can find a few online tutorials on applying eyelash extensions when you don’t have any eyelashes of your own. Here’s one example.

How is alopecia areata diagnosed?

A doctor may be able to diagnose alopecia areata simply by looking at the extent of your hair loss and examining a few hair samples under a microscope.

Your doctor may order a scalp biopsy to rule out other conditions that cause hair loss, including fungal infections like tinea capitis. During a scalp biopsy, the healthcare professional will remove a small piece of skin on your scalp for analysis.

Blood tests might be ordered if the doctor suspects other autoimmune conditions.

The specific blood test performed depends on the particular disorder the doctor suspects.

However, a doctor will likely order tests to check for the presence of one or more abnormal antibodies. If these antibodies are found in your blood, it may mean that you have an autoimmune disorder. Depending on findings, additional tests may be ordered to rule out other conditions, such as thyroid problems or hormonal imbalances.

If you’re experiencing hair loss, speak with a doctor to learn more and find out what treatment options are available.

Here's more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:10 am

👊🏾👊🏾 Great stuff. Thanks Gyso.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:21 am

Ktron wrote:👊🏾👊🏾 Great stuff. Thanks Gyso.

Just some light Saturday morning reading to do while drinking coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:03 am

Glad his condition still allows him to play basketball at this level. He has shown he has potential and has a skill set he can build on, still needs alot of work.

Some kid Charlie Brown was the best player on the floor yesterday, seemed no one could stop him all game and when they built up a 20 point lead. I would have thought Banton or Jordan would have stepped up and wanted to defend him. I did see other good flashes of play from Walsh on defense.

The biggest disappointment so far has been Davison, I keep thinking he’s going to put together a breathtaking all around game after very average games at best, but haven’t seen enough good things from him at all….against very weak competition.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next